Home made pizza general

I just made this glorious deep dish pizza from scratch (I bought the sauce from an Italian deli)

Post your pizza creations and your tips and tricks

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=01QTiTeZFM4&t=35s
bbqguys.com/bbq-learning-center/recipes/chicago-deep-dish-pizza-red-wine-caramelized-onions?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=video-recipe&utm_term=video-view-more&utm_content=video-description&utm_campaign=video-entree-oven
youtu.be/S_JaCMCfBzo
discord.gg/Uv7xkP
seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/01/foolproof-pan-pizza-recipe.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Another angle

Out of the pan
5 minutes before it was done, I brushed garlic butter around the crust. For toppings I used sweet pepper, habanero, pepperoncini pepper, pepperoni, spicy smoked sausage, provolone, mozzarella, and Parmesan

Looks nice, what recipe did you use

youtube.com/watch?v=01QTiTeZFM4&t=35s

bbqguys.com/bbq-learning-center/recipes/chicago-deep-dish-pizza-red-wine-caramelized-onions?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=video-recipe&utm_term=video-view-more&utm_content=video-description&utm_campaign=video-entree-oven

Damn nigga looks good

You baked it in the cast iron? Do you just stretch the dough on it cold and put it in an oven or preheat it first?

The pan was cold when I put the dough in it. I smeared it with a tiny bit of olive oil and pre heated the oven to 500 and then lowered it to 435 after I put it in. I let it bake for 40 minutes, like they say in the video.I have preheated the pan before though. It made no difference other than making it harder to put the pizza in the pan. I also recommend letting the dough sit (covered by saran wrap) in the fridge over night and let it warm to room temperature before baking.

youtu.be/S_JaCMCfBzo

I make chicken crust pizzas because keto. They're great

Kek

>from scratch
>I bought the sauce

I made it from scratch *except* the sauce.

Happy now faggot?

what's your cheese recipe

guys, I've been making the seriouseats pan pizza recipe. After I let the dough rise overnight, I take some and wrap it up and freeze it. But when I defrost it, it just doesn't rise at all and ends up undercooked and disgusting.

Kenji said you could freeze the dough, and it would be fine if you let it thaw and then rise. How come it didn't rise? Is it the yeast I used? I used dry yeast. Maybe instant yeast would work better?

I dont normally like deep dish but that looks pretty fucking good.

also, the dough I didn't freeze and cook immediately comes out fine and the crust is nice and fluffy like pic related

>keto
>breaded chicken

Get the fuck outta here

Sorry sweetie but that's not deep dish

It's not breaded though

how long did you wait for it to rise? I don't think dry yeast vs other yeast makes a difference, it's just about letting the dough get to a temperature where the yeast in it can activate again (since they don't really die in cold afaik).

I didn't smoke the sausage either you prick

Uhh maybe you just can't see how deep that skillet is but I think it qualifies as deep dish, with the sauce on top

Thinking about trying out cauliflower crust. Do anyone have a good recipe without cheese?

How did you make your dough. My pizza dough always turns into white bread you buy from super markets

Here's one my gf and I made from scratch a while ago, had left over sundried tomato pesto from another dinner so we used that for sauce. The pizza is topped with raw jalapenos, mozzarella, a fuck load of crushed garlic and hot pork sausage.

>good recipe
>without cheese?

Pick one.

What recipe did you use for the dough? Or was it bought?

I make all my own pizzas
but i dont take pics of them all
but i have a few from the past

Some other shot of the bacon pizza.
The bacon was rendered and the drippings were put into the dough as the oil.

Also, thank you OP, Veeky Forums really needs a pizza general.

more later

Making the dough is hard desu. Made my first pe 2 days ago... Just.

what's your flour recipe

That crust is the stuff of nightmares, user.

Looks pretty good OP. I can't get cast iron deep dish crust to come out right.

It never gets brown on the bottom.

Here's one I made a while back.

Crust was on point.

Looks pretty dank. Similar to the school pizzas we used to get in the UK. They were shit but amazing, you feel me.

I assure you mine was nothing but dank.

Look at the other pic of the crust. That shit took me straight to Flavortown.

>dank

roy lingo

horse

roy?
o
y
?

horse

Nice sauce pie.

I especially like how you just dumped too much sauce in a bowl of bread and called it pizza even though it is objectively NOT a pizza.

nice CP, but i like mine more HC
t. roy

discord.gg/Uv7xkP

tried this out out
eh
it works
the base is uninspired
but it always has lots of spices

It has very little sauce in it, and the cheese and toppings are underneath where they don't get dried out. Except for around the edge the crust is thinner than most riding crust frozen pizzas, but just as crispy. But haters gonna hate

Shut up faggot with your shitty fake sauce pie.

Don't call that garbage pizza, it ain't and won't never be a THIN CRUSH NEE YOURK PIZZA.

Holy fucking shit. It looks like a post-op trans m2f pussy picture.

M2F do not have vaginas, vaginas create life, MTF's have a cavity carved into their body so other men can fuck them in it, it's literally a fuckhole and nothing more

Thanks to be autistic about it, but that's still what that pizza looks like.

I am so jealous of you. You baked such a perfect pizza! I always burn mine somehow.

Nah, I'd eat that pizza I don't think you've seen post op trannies its grotesque

I wished you were right. I'm still scarred from these sights.

But you're right, nevertheless the composition of the pizza looks solid, very much worth a taste. A little more colour on the dough would complete it well.

it looks fucking great man but I have to agree with
Like with pizza, its dough and sauce for homemade... imagine saying "I made it all from scratch but the dough" its like wtf? Ive done what you did before too (My dough wasnt as good at all!) but I think the sauce is arguably more important because its more customizable and specific to what you want to impart to others.

That said its a toss up IMO but you obviously didnt make the cheese or grow the toppings so what the fuck? It still looks great and Im sure if you made your own sauce it would be fine but I just want to state its importance

Thanks user. You make a good point. I did feel it necessary to admit that the sauce was not my creation. [spoiler]I didnt want to lie on the internet[/spoiler]

Saying I made it from scratch is more true since I didnt use a pizza kit like pic related

i would fuck your grill-friend whilst eating that pizza

i usually shitpost with this every once in a while.

For the frozen dough, I tried both letting it defrost in the fridge overnight and then just rising in the pan for 2-4 hours. I've also tried letting the oven heat up a bit around ~100F and then turning it off and leaving the dough in there for a while to make the yeast work, but it doesn't seem to work. It doesn't turn out as a good as if I never froze it though. I don't know, maybe it's because of a loss of moisture or something that is preventing the yeast from doing the fermentation stuff.

seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/01/foolproof-pan-pizza-recipe.html recipe for reference.
I followed this exact recipe:
seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/01/foolproof-pan-pizza-recipe.html

You have a lot of leftover dough which is why I freeze the extra since I only have one pan. The dough rises a ton and is filled with tons of nice air bubbles.

damn looks good

I dunno why I did this one on a cookie sheet.
Remember to fry up your brussel sprouts a bit in a pan before putting them on your pizza. I still think Bsprout bacon pizza is one of my favorites.

Learn how to do it without a single burn faggot
look up youtube and try again and again until you do it