Just got hired at MOES

Any advice for working at a fast food manager? Stories in general about food service to prepare me would be appreciated too.

whats your pay?

I was the McDick supervisor in tge other thread.

All I can really give as general advice is you need to learn to roll with the punches. Also become extremely good at compartmentalizing you're feelings and learn how to handle stress perfectly. Oh and learn when to be a friend and learn to when to be a boss, I made that mistake a lot when I first became a manager.

Im on my phone so it's hard to green text stories but if I remember to come back on later I might share a few.

How long do strawberry pies take to make? I only ask because literally every single one I've ever bought has been past the "enjoy by" time.

I don't want to be that guy, but I also want a pie that wasn't supposed to be thrown out 2 hrs ago.

I got free burritos from your restaurant for a year. I've got a pretty good sense of what I like by now, but what sort of burridow would you recommend as a man behind the scenes.

Is this your first management gig? I've got stories from the 2 kitchen manager jobs I've had so far. Lots of ones about kicking drunks out of the bar if interested.

when you ask for fresh shit and they give you old shit..

Sorry, let me clarify. Hired as a shift supervisor. My past two jobs were being a head manager at a small family owned bistro and an assistant cook at a boarding school cafeteria. I feel like I am over qualified because I have 2+ years in food services working with teenagers and college age people. Though first at a fast food environment.

Prepare to hate life

It takes like 13 minutes to cook a pie, the people working should be offering you something else instead/refund for the wait.

I've heard of fried pies so I can't offer any insight into those just the ones that get put in to the normal oven.

nah I've worked food service, they make you fresh shit but just hate you inside.

Anyways story time I guess my laptop is being a little shit but I have a while before I need to get to sleep. Any of you guys wanting certain stories in particular? I've seen it all and done most of it.

i know thia is the case but occasionally ive asked for fresh nuggets (late at night) when getting the 24 pack and theyre clearly not fresh. happens occasionally.

It's because it's late at night and you often have the shittiest of the crew working. I've often came through one if the stores in my patch really late (I drink more than what you'd call socially) and specifically asked for fresh product and have been given old shit even though I was told it'd be fresh.

Generally a rule of thumb to know if you're getti ng fresh or not is.

>McChicken, Nuggets, fries all take around 3 minutes to cook

>grilled chicken is an almost 8 minute wait

>crispy chicken is around 4-5 minutes

>quarter beef is around 2 1/2 minutes and regular beef patties are around 43 seconds

Obviously you have to account for drive thru time and whether they're busy or not.

Former manager of a large fine dining establishment here.

Hopefully this is all obvious, but do not make friends with your coworkers. Be friendly, but not friends. Do not attempt to impress them. If you want someone to listen to you, don't bark like a general. Just make them understand that this is the job and this is what needs to be done. Foster an attitude in the kitchen of doing things right, taking pride in your work, and really caring. Do not allow your staff to close the kitchen early, ever, or cut corners, ever. Do not allow any deviation from corporate rules. If you catch someone stealing they're gone, if anyone has a shitty attitude and doesn't correct it with one warning, they're gone. One bad apple spoils the barrel. Arrange to have your employees fed if possible, it's a huge bonus for them and a very small cost for the restaurant.

> Foster an attitude in the kitchen of doing things right, taking pride in your work, and really caring. Do not allow your staff to close the kitchen early, ever, or cut corners, ever. Do not allow any deviation from corporate rules.
>Arrange to have your employees fed if possible, it's a huge bonus for them and a very small cost for the restaurant.

I like you. I wish I could work for you.

if you're a nurse, anesthesiologist, or surgical technician that will be a vague possibility in 7 years.

there was a smiley face and a thank you there i selected and typed over by accident, now it just looks like im being grandiose online :|

None of the above. I'm unskilled labor with no college degree that's about to take an IT course.

>no college degree that's about to take an IT course
Might as well take a course to the nearest gun and shoot yourself

>opens door and enters your location of employment
What do you do OP