Are beans, legumes, and grains healthy?

Are beans, legumes, and grains healthy?

I'd like to think so because of their versatility and price.

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritionfacts.org/video/the-healthiest-lentil/
youtube.com/watch?v=BSfoaXYle3k
youtube.com/watch?v=vltbg3NUSQs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

good goy

>healthy
What did he mean by this?

no they have estrogen and carbs

>Are beans, legumes, and grains healthy?
Yes.

Since they are in a bunch of traditional dishes that have centuries of history, one should think so.

They are but pay attention, don't eat them in big amounts since it could have side effects

Interesting. How about certain varieties? Any that a person should favor or avoid?

I know too much lentils makes me shit buckets so idk if it's a me thing or a lentils thing

Yes as long as it's full grain. They have a lot of fiber that keeps you pooping good and low gi carbs which keep your blood sugar level as well as protein that keeps you filled.

Just make sure you don't eat too much and get gastrointestinal distress like stomach pain and diarrhea.

Red kidney and Pintos are both super cheap and go very well with heartier stews and soups. Red kidney's hold up better to long cooking times.
Lentils tend to go better with lighter fare like salads and thin soups.

I would generally avoid black beans and black eyed peas. They aren't bad but black beans will make just about anything LOOK ugly. Black eyed peas always seem to be harder to cook and have a unique flavor to them that limits their use.

>Interesting. How about certain varieties?
nutritionfacts.org/video/the-healthiest-lentil/
Dark black and red beans/lentils highest antioxidant content (it's the anthocyanins that give them their pigment) to go along with their high fiber/protein and other vitamin density.

Chickpeas are acceptable. Everything else will estrogenize you

Chickpeas are one of the highest in phytoestrogen which isn't mammalian estrogen. Quit anything from a cow if you're concerned about that.

What are these estrogens and should it concern me?

youtube.com/watch?v=BSfoaXYle3k

Why doesn't anyone know how fucking phytoestrogens work

They are WAY weaker than the mammalian estrogen found in meat/dairy and block off estrogen receptors. The amount of beans you'd have to eat is fucking insane for it to actually impact you

my main food. I hope so.

carbs

carbs

carbs

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBBBBBBBBBBBBSSSSSSSSDSSSDDDDDDDSSSSSSS

It's not only the amount, it's the fact that hormones are broken down by the liver very very quickly. You could drink a bottle of pure estrogen or testosterone and it wouldn't do a damn thing. You need it to be constantly present in the bloodstream. This is why hormonal drugs like birth control, steriods, etc, are not pure hormones, but are modified versions with longer carbon chains on them. That keeps them from being broken down so fast by the liver. For example, a bodybuilder wouldn't take pure testosterone, he would take testosterone ethanate or decanate. Those long chains prevent the liver from breaking it down so fast making it stay active in the blood. Even with that the drug is still taken very frequently. For example, birth control pills are taken every day. Oral steroids like dianabol or winstrol are taken many times a day, spread apart.

People fear what they don't understand. They hear the word "estrogen" and then they spaz out.

shut up you fucking kike!

stop trying to feminize our women! the god

emperor should throw you in the chamber. MAGA

The actual reason is that people want a simple thing that they have control over to fix their hormonal problems, perceived or actual. A great example is the guy who doesn't want gyno just wants to stop eating the thing causing him to grow breast tissue.

Vegans eat lots of beans
Vegans aren't mentally healthy
Beans aren't healthy
QED

Yes they have lots of brotein and moderate carbs

Emphasis on "perceived".

Gyno is incredibly rare, and it's almost never caused by Estrogen. In fact it's most common among idiot bodybuilders who don't realize that their testosterone production is based on a negative-feedback system and fail to take their PCT after doing a round of steroids.

Misunderstanding/Ignorance is the root of all of this.

Not to mention there is more than one type of estrogen receptor in different parts of the body and phtoestrogens and animal estrogens only bind to particular types.
youtube.com/watch?v=vltbg3NUSQs

more people need to embrace the beans on toast.

Both my boyfriends think I'm in good mental health.

I do oil-free walnut hummus with whole wheat bread :^)

I bet they told you you were pretty too.

Look up "blue zones." They're basically areas where people have been found to live the longest.

One thing these blue zones have in common, is that along with moderate exercise and low stress; they also ate a lot of beans.

polygamy is not okay

One of them is a total wet blanket and hasn't managed to fuck me since 2015.

Don't forget to add avocado to make a delicious guac hummus

Post your legume collection:

Black eyed peas
Black gram
Black gram - split, skinless
Brown lentils
Chickpeas - black
Chickpeas - black, split, skinless
Chickpeas - white
Green lentils
Green split peas
Mung beans