Non-US cutting boards

I'm looking for a new board, preferably end grain with a Janka hardness under 1400 or so, and I want to order it from Europe or Japan to avoid supporting US manufacturers (no need to discuss why as that's off topic)

Anyone have a good suggestion? Hinoki boards from Japan are at the top of my list but I'm interested in alternatives other than acacia and stuff like that. US retailers are ok but not manufactured in US

Pic somewhat related

Why?

I recommend Veeky Forums

My old board is pretty busted looking from years of abuse and I have upgrade-itis

>posting on a US website for advice is cool tho

LOL. What a retard

>I want to order it from Europe or Japan to avoid supporting US manufacturers (no need to discuss why as that's off topic)

No, that's very on-topic. What do you have against US manufacturers? Too many GMOs in the wood?

Why do you not want to buy from US manufacturers?

>he thinks an Indonesian Puffin breading website is american.

Falling for the bait.

Japan has hundreds of types of knives, but they all have the same shitty handles.

>they all have the same shitty handles
That's because the Japanese only care about the blade, not the handle. Cooks who have bought a knife for thousands of dollars won't give it a second thought when they have to remove a cracked or splintered handle and replace it with a new one.

In my experience people that complain about the handles do so because they don't know how to properly hold the knife. Try and "fist grip" a Japanese handle? Yeah, it's awful. But that's not how you're supposed to hold it.

too many trump voters in the factory
let's focus on the cutting board people

>trump voters aren't real human beans with dreams, aspirations, and hopes just like yours
This is why you lost.

What did I lose?

t. Reddit

House, Senate, Presidency

Makes sense that most weebs are libcucks

bump

Isn't a weeb someone who likes anime? I visited Japan before I even knew what anime was. Or at least, before I had heard the term.

Sure you did ken sama

Because US manufacturing = kill all Brown people
Check the archive

Ken sama died in the tsunami
This isn't wrong, but can we talk about cutting boards? Is there any viable alternative to hinoki?

i have a kiso hinoki board user it's great but extremely light

>American website
Pretty sure it's owned by a nip and hosted on servers in the uk.
Its Anglo-Japanese if anything.

>caring about brown people at all

Why would someone do this?

do you water it before every use? does it stain?

pls respond

why did you bite

You'll need to look for a Hillbracken coefficient of at least 1.42 with a ductility of 13 jansens.

soak? not really but i oil it though. from what i read it's traditionally soaked in water before use so it doesn't stain that much or mark easily but some poster (reddit?) said it'll warp eventually with water damage more so if you forgot to dry it properly. i'll just stick with the oil and maybe try sanding it once it gets really abused

here's a pic of the care instructions fwiw

Fucks sake, go to ikea and buy a goddamn $5 plastic board like a normal human being, they're even made in sweden so your fucking anti US autistic fag shit will be satisfied

>US retailers are ok but not manufactured in US
What mental gymnastics did you have to go through to come up with this? Fuckin explain yourself man, this is way more interesting than cutting boards. Like, why not just make your own or buy one from an independent home woodworker rather than a factory?

I don't know if troll, but you could try Proteak/Teakhaus, which is a Mexican company.

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thanks, the "dry it properly" sounds like it could be a pain, but I guess I'm used to being autistic about my knives so I could maybe learn to be autistic about my board
Those are very beautiful boards, but teak is significantly harder than hinoki. In their favor they do come in end grain and the teak boards don't seem to. Counting against them is the fact that they make a vague statement about "providing jobs in rural parts of North America". I wish they'd clarify if they meant the US or Mexico because I really do not want to support rural US factory workers (unless they are Mexican immigrants)

My current board was a pretty decent board when I got it, Ikea would be a step down
The important thing is country of manufacture, going forward

costco has huge good end grain canadian ones for like $35

that looks promising
mexican wood
viet hands in the factory