Eat this while unndercooked and not soaked enough in water

>eat this while unndercooked and not soaked enough in water
>almost die of lectin poisoning
WHAT THE FUCK
what are some other food that are dangerous as fuck if they are badly prepared?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidney_bean#Toxicity
srf.ch/sendungen/treffpunkt/50-jahre-giftberatung-haende-weg-von-der-havanna-suppe
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>dying from beans
whut

beans (navy mostly, i believe) are the big one. every industry has to draw a line somewhere at the "we cant tell them how to do everything, so if they fail simple instructions we are no longer liable"

for example people choking on raw carrots. people becoming unhealthily inebriated. people having allergies/putting shit in their mouth that they dont definitely recognize as "food"

but to adhere closer to your question, just look up people eating "poisonous" foods. pufferfish, certain bugs, certain beans, etc etc

dosage is also a major variable. anything is a poison at high enough dosage, and there are compounds that we can only handle minor dosages of

another i believe is when hunters would puncture the stomach/gall bladder of an animal which would poison the meat. etc etc

Cassava, I think. Also almonds, a bunch of nuts actually have cyanogens and other nasty things in em

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidney_bean#Toxicity

>what are some other food that are dangerous as fuck if they are badly prepared?
A lot of meats and the like.

Cook your beans thoroughly next time.

Also the leaves/stems of nightshades are toxic (potato, eggplant, tomato) along with the rhubarb leaves.

>potato
And potatoes as is when improperly stored.

A couple of years ago the was a major vegan congress in Hamburg, Germany. A lot of people nearly died because some retard cook made raw bean salad.

Yes, potatoes must be stored in darkness. If the potato has some greenish stuff somwhere, even if peeled, that is solanine. Every year people die from potato poisoning.

Chickpeas are very poisonous too when not thoroughly cooked. IIRC there was an user on here a few years ago who ate some raw, pureed chickpea salad that his girlfreind made and was deathly ill for two weeks. He didn't even realize it was the chickpeas at the time, he thought it was the flu or something.

sauce? I want to be able to rub this in vegan's faces, but i can't exactly say 'i heard it from some guy on my favorite somalian rain dancing forum'

is my kitchen fucking floor in a bag good enough?

I may have misremembered and it wasn't in Hamburg but 1999 in Widnau, Switzerland. here is a link to the article: srf.ch/sendungen/treffpunkt/50-jahre-giftberatung-haende-weg-von-der-havanna-suppe

Third paragraph under the picture:
>1999 kam es in Widnau (SG) an einem Vegetarierkongress zu einer Massenvergiftung. Nach dem Verzehr von rohen Bohnen erlitten über 20 Teilnehmer eine Lebensmittelvergiftung. Rohe Bohnen enthalten den Giftstoff Phasin. Erst das Kochen macht den Stoff unschädlich.

nice. thanks user

Bullshit. Hummus.

I do this too

hummus you goddamn idiot

Yeah now that I think about it it may have been hummus, not salad. Not that it makes any difference if the chickpeas were left raw.

I know this is a problem with adzuki beans

Facts like this make me appreciate canned food

You boil chickpeas to make hommus.

Thinkin about thos beans...

no

Not always. Raw sprouted hummus is a thing.

I don't give a shit what you burgerfats do with your chickpeas; hummus is made with boiled chickpeas and tatbileh despite what some hipster shoved up his ass and charged $10 for raw mashed chickpeas told you.

Hummus is cooked. The example you're looking for is falafel, where either chickpeas or fava beans are soaked, then ground with spices and leeks, then fried (but still not entirely cooked in the center). This doesn't kill people because chickpeas and fava beans are among the least toxic beans when raw. Making them the only beans it's safe to eat a little undercooked. If you made falafel out of kidney beans it would make you sick as fuck.

Thanks Veeky Forums now I'm afraid of beans

Just cook them and you're fine.

Canned chickpeas are cooked

the green stuff is chlorophyll, which is sometimes (but not always) formed at the same time as solanine. Practically nobody dies of solanine poisoning, at least outside of Africa where anyone can tell what the fuck happened to kill somebody. No common type of potato produces significant amounts of solanine, none of them do so before they get old, and even if you went out of your way to eat as many old potatoes as possible you'd still need to bake them or fry them instead of boil them, because solanine is water-soluble.
TLDR solanine is an old wives' tale at this point