ITT: Animals people don't usually eat but should

it's pretty common to eat rabbit in Europe

where is that this doesnt get eaten? heard horse is uncommon meat in murica but rabbit too?

Lamb is pretty uncommon here.

uma delicia

weird, why is that? with all the room you have you could diversificate a lot of different meats

Was commonly eaten in the US until about 60 years ago. References to rabbit dishes are all over classic American literature, notably in Of Mice and Men. But for some reason Americans stopped eating rabbit sometime after WW2.

not really
I can but goat and lamb at my local iga

moving away from rural areas probably, also discharging a firearm is illegal in places that normal people run in to rabbits or if they are in under 10 acres property they own as well. also parasites are a big deal now where before you just had to deal with them. and rabbits are not farmed as quick as chickens or as inexpensively because their digestive systems kinda suck. the meat is kinda bland and lean desu senpai.

This. Rabbit stew is some of the best shit you can eat.

i prefer it roasted with potatoes, but yeah it's good shit, kinda lean like a chicken but still juicy

leave rabbits alone plz

nah bunnies are cute pets go fuck off

Fuck you, there's no law against it and eating animals is ethically acceptable.

>eating animals is ethically acceptable
The Lord commanded. You tell 'em Cletus!

>Eating meat makes you a redneck
t. commiefornia holier-than-thou vegan
I bet you buy all your organic kale at whole foods

The country would be a whole lot better with 'em pussyfooting vegans constantly trying to police what my kids eat every waking second of every day like they are really always doing. Damn democrats...

Fuck you too. I will enjoy my cute comfy rabbits. Enjoy no frands.

>T. Mr. Mcgregor.

Reindeer/caribou

Lives a free and happy life munching on lichen and tastes heavenly served with mashed potatos and lingonberry mash, but disneyfication has lead to it being a taboo on the table.

frens eet rebbid tu

2cute3eat

Rabbit is routinely hunted in most states and generally the seasons are quite long since they tend to overpopulate rapidly. Wild rabbits have a lot more flavor than domesticated which are quite bland. I hunt and eat them but would never waste my money on a domesticated rabbit. Unless people grew up hunting, they've never even seen rabbit for food since they aren't carried in most groceries only ethnic markets.

looks delicious my quadruple digited friend

The beef ranchers won. The battle over land and grazing rights, better press and lobbying, etc. all made beef the staple meat. You can find it, pork, or chicken in any grocery store, but for lamb or rabbit or goat or elk in some areas you need to go to a butcher, which is inconvenient. Second is some animals having pet status or being too cute to eat like lamb or rabbits.

I think rabbit might have also come to be seen as struggle food after the Great Depression, Dust Bowl and World War rationing. Once that period ended and with the bettering economy and changes to food processing and culture no one would have wanted eat rabbit if they could help it. It was just a reminder of worse times when rabbit was the best one could get.

My local butcher stocks them, which is odd because I live in a small Texas town which has few immigrants. Those we do have are Mexican and they don't eat much rabbit AFIK. They tend to buy goat.

But yeah, I shoot the little bastards out back. I have 6 acres so there's quite a lot of them depending on the time of year. Much more flavorful than domestic meat. And you simply cannot get meat any fresher.

We get some bigass fox squirrels here too. Sometimes I make what I call "Barnyard stew" using chicken, rabbit, and squirrel. Despite the redneck ingredient list I go out and splurge on good white wine, fresh herbs, etc, for this. I use slow-cooked homemade stock made with roasted pork neckbones & chicken, cooked up for 10 hours the day before.

Pic related are also delicious. They are a serious problem in many southern states and cause a lot of agricultural damage. Boars don't taste very good, but the little ones are super tender and very tasty.

Mosquitoes
Only African is known for its mosquito burgers

I hunt squirrels too, but we just have the greys, at least in the woods within walking distance of my house. I enjoy hunting them more than rabbits because there's some stealth necessary as you probably know. Plus I think squirrel has a lot more flavor than wild rabbit, almost like the difference between dark meat and white meat with chicken. It may be redneck as all shit, but I enjoy eating the little buggers.

Dog and cats.

>there's some stealth necessary as you probably know

Yeah, though I must admit I am getting lazy about it these days. I just pop 'em off my bird feeder with my target air rifle. It is literally zero challenge. But I learned an awful lot about hunting when going after them as a kid. They are incredibly wary and really do force you to learn to be quiet and avoid being seen.

You're right about them being more flavorful than rabbit though.

No Scotland has midge burgers I'm sure anywhere that they use those machines to suck up flying insects does this or even anywhere that it's more acceptable to eat bugs as in anywhere that's not America for example just over the border Mexicans have hundreds or locus dishes

>bunnies are cute pets
Cute, *TASTY* pets.

Hares are even nicer.

only subhumans eat rabbits

Nooooo don't eat poor bun bun :(

Two animals I probably wouldn't go out of my way to eat would be cat, dog, and guinea pig for sentimental reasons. But if it's offered to me I wouldn't turn it down.
Rabbit stewed or whole looks pretty goddamn tasty though.

HUEHUEHUEHUE

That would be three.

This.

Nobody should eat floppy bunnos