Soo

Where does your comfort zone end?

Mine? About 50'000

>comfort
... well... it's not really comfortable, but I'll pop back a banana/wax pepper without much fuss.

I make a ghost-pepper/habanero paste that's gotta be somewhere in the 400-600K range. I always test it with a teaspoonful to see if the flavour is worth the pain, and it always is, but god damn.

I ate a raw Moruga once. Pretty sure I went into shock. It was awful, and then behind the sweat and tears was this growing numbness.

At habenaro , so about 150k I guess.

But I haven't tried much between that and Jamaican

Its depends on the day but usually go between phases of Tabasco only to full bore tapatio habanero xxx hot. I can tolerate those well, beyond that I'm not too happy.

I didn't even know which one I ate but a friend gave me one and I thought I would be able to take the pain. But it was too much. Worst about it was I wanted to throw it up but it never happened. I had to lay down for hours. But after that I can eat pirri peppers without a hastle

>Tobasco
Proof that Infographics are made by retards and aimed at people with learning difficulties.

Depends on how delicious the food is. I will send my bowels to hell if the curry is tasty enough.

Other than banana peppers, I will not eat a plain pepper under any circumstances, and frankly the people who would are almost always insufferable, attention-addicted twats.

there are definitely typos on that graphic, but Tabasco peppers themselves are in the 25-50K range.

I regularly make big batches of salsa with orange habaneros, limes, and tomatoes.

Some Mexican guys I used to work with talked me into getting into a chili eating contest with them.
>They bring in a huge bag of pequin chilis
>We go around the table, each guy takes and eats a chili, no liquid for anyone
>By the 12th chili everyone is sweating, first guy drops out
>Eventually it's just me and one other guy
>We're both up to 20
>It's like the drinking game scene from Indiana Jones, neither of us is having an easy time but we're still trying to press on
>We both reach chili #23
>Other Mexican guys are yelling encouragement for him to fulfill Mexican pride and out-chili my pasty white ass
>He tries to eat chili 24
>Vomits
>Summon all my willpower and eat chili 24
>Immediately ask them to get me a big chocolate milk and chug the whole thing
My craps over the next couple of days just extended the nightmare.

My limit is chipotle at its upper end. Anything beyond that is just pain to me.

Bell pepper.

Eating them straight, birds eye is my cut off point for enjoyment. Could go further in some retarded dick measuring contest, but why? Maybe having dead taste buds goes well with IIIPAs and shitty Imperial Stouts.

Fuck this bro-food Scoville/IBU shit. Only dicklets feel the need to measure unimportant shit like this.

I only eat hot sauce not fresh pods but I can pretty easily go 1.5 million or so in spoon sized doses.

Resiniferatoxin

My favorite hot sauce is Red Savina Puree, so I'd say my cutoff point is somewhere between 300,000 and 700,000.

While I've eaten ghost pepper before, I dislike how much of it is just burn. If I can't taste the pepper it doesn't feel like there's much point.

I used to go for super hot foods, but one particularly bad experince killed that for me. One day a friend of mine brought some beef jerkey over, spiced heavily with stuff like habanero and ghost pepper.

We decided to drink milk to wash down the spicy meat, but that ended up being a horrible idea. I dunno what happened but the super spicy beef jerkey curdled the milk in our stomachs, we all ended up throwing up over and over again outside. To this day I stick to the japaleno side of chilis.

this scoville bullshit isn't standardized.

my aji pepeprs were pretty hot this year...but not so hot last year. same plant, same soil etc etc

Scoville is perfectly standard. It's how much water it takes to dilute all the capsaicin. Peppers have varying ranges like for example a jalapeƱo may be between 2500 and 5000 shu on average.

You might find one spicier or less spicy too

Enjoyable between 150.00 - 325.000 (especially in soups om nom nom nom).
I've tasted ghost pepper, it's NOT that hot, most online videos are overeacting. But it's not enjoyable heat for food.
Habanero is perfect for cooking.

>no Carolina Reaper
I guess I'm off the charts

I put a drop of scorpion in tomato sauce, infused so damn well.

>this scoville bullshit isn't standardized.
It most certainly is. ASTM standard no. E1083.

>my aji pepeprs were pretty hot this year...but not so hot last year. same plant, same soil etc etc
Holy shit. Are you not aware that natural foods vary in flavor based on all kinds of factors, including random genetic variations? Do you think that all apples taste the same? That every chicken tastes the same? This can't be real.

>all apples taste the same
of each variety? yes.

>every chicken tastes the same
yes they do

>This can't be real.
the only thing real is your retardation.

yeah...but its not like beer , for example.

you buy a bottle of bud and its 5%abv not "somewhere between 3.5 and 5.5%abv"

scoville is as legit a measurement as when you buy a pocket of coffee from Walmart and its graded from 1-5 in terms of "strength"....its very vague. its total faggotry is what I'm trying to say

>of each variety? yes.
Stop smoking cigarettes, user. You've blown out your palate.

>>yes they do
I've-only-ever-eaten-factory-farmed-chicken fool detected. Get out and try a free ranged one.

Do you think that corn-fed and grass-fed beef taste the same? What about Angus vs. Waygu?

Where is the texas pete hotter hot sauce? That shit was where I was like god fuck this isn't good anymore.

Why do the white women in interracial couples always look so miserable?

pls don't reply to me, I am not your friend

Ah yes, the moment when the idiot switches to deflection rather than answering the questions posed to him.

What did I just say?

Where do you guys find stuff hotter than cayenne? Cayenne is the hottest I can find in large supermarkets.

Some kind of silly deflecting shit that wasn't an answer to the questions posed to you.

You'd be singing a different tune if I were giving you a blowjob right now I can tell you that.

My local supermarkets stock scotch bonnets and habaneros.

For others I just mail order 'em. I've bought dried chilies from Alamo City, Spice House, etc.

It really depends. I can eat ghost peppers but that's my upper limit and by no means comfortable. However, I don't have issues with chocolate habanero sauces so probably there.

250000/300000

I don't know because I never just eat a pepper. But for cooking I mostly use birds eye. Versatile flavor and potent.

How would you know how much pepper to add to a dish if you don't taste them first?

I cook with jalapenos often. Trouble with them is that they can range from totally mild to pretty damn hot. If you don't taste them before cooking to know how much to add to your dish you're guaranteed to end up with either a bland or incredibly hot finished dish.

i don't know exactly but somewhere around 80-110k
i have eaten a habanero and it was pretty good too, but i still have a hard time believing it was an actual habanero.

I'm not really sure I have a "comfort zone" (reposted pic related). However, my favorite for flavor is hot Yellow Hungarian Wax Pepper. The ones I grow are hotter than jalapeno, so they aren't all that hot really. I sprinkle it on everything.

jamaican so scotch bonnet is regular cooking pepper

MSM's institutional racism trying to portray the idea of mixed race relationships as bad

It is bad, very bad actually. Just look at /pol/ to know why.

Raw - Orange Habanero.
If we are talking about salsa, Ghost Pepper salsa is bretty gud. If im not sweating and crying Im not doing it right. I love the pain. I usually get an endorphin rush that lasts 20~30 min. Its like the afterglow from an orgasm but turned up. Feels good.

That sounds really fun yet horrible

thai peppers are CUTE

CUTE

This sauce right here is about as hot as I'll go.

Apparently it's made of scotch bonnet peppers, but I don't know the Scoville rating.

>My craps over the next couple of days just extended the nightmare.

That's really my only problem with eating super hots.

Mixes into food highest I can go is scotch bonnet and even then I'm taking my time with it and no just digging right in.

I've eaten peppers across the whole scale, my favorite is about a dozen chopped birds eye chilis in a bowl of ramen because it gives you the ultimate morning shit

I'm about the same. I can handle more, but I don't like what it does to my guts and ass.

Habanero is what I use in all my cooking.

I don't eat them raw, though.

How long does it take to build up a tolerance for really spicy food?

My problem with peppers that are really high up on the Scoville scale is that, after a certain point, they don't add anything to the flavor of a dish. Instead, they're reduced to a gimmick for people attempting to "challenge" themselves by subjecting themselves to something that is diabolically hot.

More power to them, but for me, I keep things simple. Anything up to the habanero is good for me, but anything past that is just bonkers.

Pic somewhat related. It's a protest someone started in Belize

I don't know if one really builds a tolerance per se but rather a taste for certain spicy foods. For example, I can get down with Sriracha, Louisiana, Frank's, and Tabasco, but there are times that I desire something a bit more devilish. That's where Indian food comes in

I'll use up to scotch bonnet in my cooking (jerk chicken just can't be made without it) and frequently use thai, cayenne, tabasco, jalapeno and serrano in cooking. I fermented my own tabasco hot sauce last year and will be doing a batch of habanero this year. I don't eat anything straight anymore except jalapeno. The hottest I ever ate straight was a scotch bonnet when I was in my early 20's and it just seemed kind of a stupid macho kid thing to do, so I grew out of it.

The unit itself is fairly standard in theory.

The peppers aren't standardized. Capsaicin extracts even give a range, but they tend to be a bit narrower.

The point of the hotter varieties is basically for horticulturalists to see what they can do. The peppers themselves will impart flavour, but I find that they're all best mixed back with habanero or aji... I found that Morugas when mixed with a sweeter pepper imparted an almost yuzu rind flavour. I tried growing Reapers this year but so far all I have are a pair of impressive looking bushes.

True story an Army friend of mine from Trinidad came back from leave once and brought a scorpion pepper with her. She was daring people to eat it. I, not knowing what it was, ate the whole thing. I was drinking water and walking the hall for 10 minutes.

I think my comfort zone is right around serrano-cayenne.

imagine if you found out your child was a /pol/tard.
fuck. I'd hate ....but if I was forced...

Same here.

Jalapenos are the master race of hot peppers.

>Jalapenos
>Hot

Pick one

I've heard that before from grocery store shoppers, then you cry like a bitch

Depends on the pepper.

In my experience Jalapenos have an incredibly wide Scoville spread, from barely registering to this-can't-be-a-jalapeno.

Habaneros taste better

The wrinkly ones are the hottest

Less water content than others from the same plant...

I've learned my lesson - grab twice as much as I think I need. Test the nibs. Cull the hottest ones for spiced vinegar, slice and pickle the weak ones in the same vinegar, and use the amount I need.

I've eaten whole habaneros and chop them up frequently to throw into salsas/guacamole/etc. Love it, 100% worth the pain (which isn't that bad). Tho I've never tried anything hotter so I don't know my limit.
My motto is if you're not sweating, it's not hot enough

As a 1/2 Mexican, godamn hats off to you sir

They are 2,500 to 8,000 SHU. Anything above 0 is a hot pepper.

I'm white. Ice makes me sweat, as do temperatures above 0C.

The back/cross bred hab cultivars aren't as pleasant in flavour as the original. They're a bit more bitter and less citrusy. I think they'd be great smoked.

I don't understand the question. I'd I'm going to eat a large meal of just raw peppers it'd be poblanos but if I'm just sprinkling something on a pizza Habaneros are just fine.

>How would you know how much pepper to add to a dish if you don't taste them first?
I just estimate it. Usually the quantity I'm worried about is the seeds, not the pepper itself. Can't say it's ever been a problem for me, but I also don't make anything that even borders too spicy.

Red Savina
the last hot sauce I bought was Melinda's Red Savina. It's great, hope to find something 50K higher when I'm through to keep upping my tolerance

Ceyenne is easily my upper limit.

scorpion, hot food is life

I've done the ghost pepper challenge so many times that i'm practically numb to it. I'd eat it in turkey subs from time to time.

I don't find anything on this chart "hot" are my taste buds fucked or what.

Look at these fucking bad boys over here

My Ultra Death Sauce (800,000) is what I've been using for the past 6 months.
3 drops into a plate of food is adequate for me.
It's insanely fucking hot, but I can tolerate it... just about.

The next hot sauce I plan to get is 1,400,000.
Complete fucking overkill.

>I will not eat a plain pepper under any circumstances, and frankly the people who would are almost always insufferable, attention-addicted twats.
This.

>that one faggot who "trains" himself to palate more and more napalm in his food

about 1.4M.
i mix about a tablespoon of pic related with my beef ramen. god tier combination.

i eat these like candy but now i cant really taste the spice when i drink the vinegar
and now i always get diarrhea whenever i eat anything spicier

Used to be able to handle up to about it ok vbefore things got bad, but now I'm sitting at 500k.

Sounds like nerve damage.

I think it's around 20k. Not sure though. A regular Jalapeno doesn't bother me much, but I have to watch it with cayenne. The hottest peppers I ate were rawit peppers, but those aren't on the list. Those were too hot for my liking too though.

that's my experience, too. Jalapenos are good stuff. Serranos and Habaneros...that's about my limit. Some hot sauces I like are hotter, but I'm mixing them with the food. Hot is good, but there comes a point where the heat outweighs the flavor, and I'm not eating this stuff to prove I can take pain.

The capsican won't ruin your taste buds. If you don't smoke, you've probably had a minor brain ischemia (stroke) that destroyed the brain region governing tastebud nerves. Good luck regaining it, lol.

Shit lads I should go see a doctor I guess.

I use habaneros often for fresh salsa, sauces and such so probably wherever they stand

what about those peppers that come with a salad

I did a hot wing challenge in Scotland where they coated the wings in a sauce made from ghost peppers, scorpion peppers and carolina reaper, according to the chef. The hottest thing I'd ever eaten before that was a whole serrano pepper, and that was pretty bad.
The wing sauce, though. It was hell. I can't even describe the sensation except I went temporarily insane for about half an hour. The endorphin rush was incredible. The next day was agony. That's all there is to say.

That depends, are we talking about eating or pooping?
I actually have higher tolerance for the latter.
I also know that many peppers in this chart vary wildly between individuals, for example I sometimes eat chilaquiles in whole arbol sauce and sometimes a couple drops in tomato sauce are enough to send me crying home. I can also sometimes eat habanero sauce but most times I'm going to stay away from it.

Majority are victims of abuse

The divorce rate in bm-wf couple is around 90+% and usually the father completely abandons the kid financially and socially before, or immediately after the child is born

[citation needed]

I can't imagine how painful the firehole is after eating Trinidad Scorpion.

Those are the banana peppers i was talking about.