Do you like ginger beer?

Do you like ginger beer?

Personally I love it

is it just a slightly different ginger ale?

Ginger ale is much weaker and sweeter. Ginger beer has a lot more ginger, it's nice and spicy.

You callin' me a poof?

THEY WILL GO THROUGH BONE LOIKE BUTTAH

spicy beverages are trash

Go drink some sugar water fag

I'm transferring my 7%ish ABV ginger beer to tertiary as I type this. Hurray for siphons!

Ginger beer is great and a crucial part of my summers. Also makes my tummy feel nice

Would love to try it user, let us know how it comes out

Children need not apply

Yup, it's both delicious and soothing

Fucking love it! Pic related is my favourite that I've tried, Bundaberg is pretty good too though

Love it, can't get anything but the shit verson of Old Jamaica that tastes like soap unless I go to World Market

Josh gtfo

What was your recipe? I know how to brew so just give the ingredients.

I've tried this one but didn't like it, something off-putting about the taste to me

World market has ginger beer? I need to look into that

Dude they got Bundaberg by the liter or 12 pack, and a bunch of random singles

my gramps gave me one of these when I was visiting a week or two ago
one of that nastiest soft drinks i've ever had, do all ginger beers taste like that?

No that's one of the worst ones, tastes like pure black pepper rather than anything resembling ginger beer

By the liter? Shit I'm heading there soon

No man that is not a good ginger beer at all, I've had it before it's sugary as fuck and not enough ginger

Crabbie's is the only ginger beer I've been able to drink without mixing it. You're supposed to mix ginger beer though, not drink it straight

That shit's weak and doesn't taste like much to boot.

Get this shit if you want a weak gingerbeer that actually tastes good.

>he doesn't enjoy a nice cock and bull in his mouth

Really? I couldn't imagine enjoying a diluted ginger beer, probably has something to do with eating spicy food all my life

Well you're generally mixing the ginger beer with a hard alcohol so the beer is the one doing the diluting

Ah you mean like a moscow mule, that makes a lot more sense

yeah thats why my grampa had them but he said he still enjoys them straight. maybe it was just what people drank when he was young

I also love ginger beer and today I will try Fever Tree Ginger Beer. Hope it is hot and spicy.

Yes, it’s awesome but hard to find in middle Tennessee, I always have it when I’m in the UK

I made some hard ginger beer last year, it was fucking amazing

Give us a review, bud

Yeah it is a lot more popular in Canada and the UK. I live in a big city though so it's easy to find. Maybe you could order some off the internet though.

It's extremely easy to find here in New England Moscow Mules are fairly popular here too.

I just tried Fever Tree! It's much less sweet and more spicy/ginger-y than others, like Reed's or Barritt's. I liked it a lot!

>Moscow Mules are fairly popular here too.

Why would you settle for Moscow Mules when you could be making Dark 'n Stormies?

Maine Root is best. Fever Tree tastes medicinal.

Those are good too, but I just drink them less. Not huge on rum, to be honest. Bourbon is superior, and I could just have a Kentucky Mule.

>It's extremely easy to find here in New England
Yep, I noticed that every store carried it when I was in Maine, the local brands are excellent

Try it with rum, makes a drink called a Dark & Stormy

I make my own.
No secret to it. I take minced ginger and boil it down to a reduction a few times until the ginger peices are bland but the tea is strong.
Works out to 50 to 80 grams to the liter depending on your ginger.
I'll go 150 grams of sugar per liter too. Juice of half a lemon or more of you like.
1 spoon of tomato paste to 10 liters.
Helps with the nutrients during fermentation and gives a nice color.
Yeast of choice (dry ale works great)
Mine ferments dry well above 6%.
You can sweeten it later or drink it young at 4 to 5%.
Cut the sugar in half if your making the soda type ginger beer.

A lot of people underestimate New England's capacity for alcoholism.

>not using a SCOBY

Gross.

I guess you could. I've never tried that myself. I've tried using the yeast nutrients for mead (I make that too) but found tomato paste works better for ginger beer.
We don't have commercial ginger beer here but mine is always a hit at parties.

i haven't drank soda in many many years

Recommend any specific rums for that?

Well Boston is full of Irish and the other states are so humdrum, it's not too surprising

This boy knows how to drink alc. ginger beer. Best stuff right here.

Non-alcoholic wise Bundaberg is the best I've had.

Goslings' Black Seal® is what Bermuda's export industry would like you to use, but any black strap type rum will work fine.

Thanks I'll have to try that tomorrow or the day after

it's basically a pale german ale with pounds of ginger instead of ounces of hops. Munich malt, Altbier specific yeast, a touch of chocolate malt to give it a bit of a "sunburn" and literally pounds of ginger... might make my bottling/priming syrup very gingery as well, just to ensure proper spiciness of the finished product (the test batch while transferring to secondary wasn't up to snuff).