Made some chili

Ingredients: Ground turkey, tomato, leek, red onion, purple garlic, mushroom, serrano chilies, red quinoa, coffee, dark chocolate, tomato paste, lime juice, balsamic vinegar, franks red, clove honey, beef stock

Seasoning: Paprika, cumin, chili powder, cayenne, chipotle powder, mustard powder, freshly ground black pepper, salt, cinnamon

Pretty complex flavor. No one bite is the same.

Sounds interesting. Would eat.

coffee and chocolate? i dont know. this reminds me of putting barbecue sauce on a traditional club sandwich. off key

You'd be surprised at how much depth it adds to the overall flavor. Definitely try it before you knock it.

Not really. Dark coffee and cocoa powder are pretty common ingrediants. It adds a lot of smokiness/roasted taste.

Here's mine:

Ingredients: Ground beef, ground bison, yellow onion, garlic, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, diced tomato, tomato paste, strong coffee, worcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar, serrano pepper, lager/beer, pinto beans, kidney beans, cannellini beans

Seasoning: brown sugar, cocoa powder, cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper powder, oregano, smoked paprika, salt

I'll look in to tossing cinnamon, chipotle powder, and mustard powder. I don't bother with chili powder since most of it's redundant.

I'm seriously thinking of trying out Binging with Babish's chili recipe - seems really good, though low on the beans (which I love).

Has anybody here ever tried putting some ginger, star anise, or fennel into their chili?
What about tamarind paste?

Yes. It's called curry.

>turkey meat
>mushrooms
>quinoa meme grains

No thanks

>chili with ginger and star anise is curry
Why not call it Texas curry in the first place?

>Ground turkey
Stopped reading there. Are you bonkers mate?

My favorite chili additive is like 3/4 of a teaspoon of Marmite, it's like a flavor multiplier

I add coffee and red wine to mine. I make a paste from dried chiles similar to a mole but different in execution

Don't knock ground turkey, its leaner, cheaper, and when in something like a chili tastes just like beef. I make turkey tacos all the time and you can hardly tell the difference.

OP you got measurements? I'd like to try something similar out. Mostly interested in the chocolate and coffee elements.

No measurements unfortunately, I cook to taste.
It doesn't make much of either though so be light handed.

I"m with you, user.

I'll never get this. The only suitable chili for turkey is a white chili.

I have a 100g 85% lindt bar, would a row(~20g) be too much or is it in the ballpark?

Not him, but I use about a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder. Not sure how that matches up.

A tablespoon is about 15 grams, so a row might be just about right in that case. Thank you user.

Where the fuck are the beans? You call that chili? I swear you millennials are the worst.

Do you just pour coffee grounds in there?
Give me the recipe lad

any particular ratios and measurements or all too taste?