Is it safe to eat activated sweet potato

Is it safe to eat activated sweet potato

Just stick them in the dirt and get infinite free sweet potatoes for life. The sweet potato industry does not want you to know this.

>the yam industry hates this user
>See how he got free yams for life with this one simple trick

>going up against Big Potato
Brave man

Why do Americans call sweet potatoes yams?

I just didn't feel like typing all of those extra letters

>swe' po'

But I can't get sweet taters when the soil is frozen during winter

Yams are the name of a kinda-similar-looking root vegetable from Africa. When slaves were brought over they referred to the local sweet potatoes as yams, using a name they were familiar with. Many years later, after the end of slavery, black people still referred to them as yams, as did some white people. In the early 1900's, in order to differentiate themselves from competitors, some sweet potato growers began to refer to their product as yams. That popularized the idea that sweet potatoes and yams were interchangeable outside the south. Real yams aren't actually that similar to sweet potatoes.

I'm going to do this next year
>get little kitty polls
>drill holes in the bottom
>fill with loamy soil,compost,and raised bed soil
>add sweet potato in middle
>when the vines shoot out put them in the soil to fill the whole pool
>add fortified milk to soil because it has more phosphorous
>add compost tea regularly

My wife just decided to water hers today. She named it Herman.

just cut off the green stuff and eat that thing. our eat it all it probably won't hurt you. I've cut the green stuff and all kinds of blemishes off potatoes and ate them.

Yams are not from Africa
All of the potatoes originated in South America

Yes, it is fine. You can also eat the leaves as a green. They are not anything like "regular" potatoes.

>Yams are not from Africa

Actually, yams (genus Dioscorea; there's like 600 different varieties.) came form Africa and Asia specifically. They also come from many other places, but never from South America. Only potatoes (Solanum tuberosum) and sweet potatoes (Ipomoea batatas) come from South America/Central America; both of which have 100s of varieties.

no.
/thread.

see

Farm grips -- No light deep soil

>activated sweet potato

BIG MEATY YAMS

have a better pic