/cawfee/ thread

What coffee-related memes have you fallen for lately?

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.com/ip/NESCAFE-CLASICO-Instant-Coffee-10-5-oz-Jar/16381757
imgur.com/a/TTamJ
prima-coffee.com/learn/article/grinder-basics/is-it-always-better-grind-fresh
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This brewed in an ameripot with distilled remin water, topped with a layer of extra creamy whip, pretty good famalam.

I feel like a dirty communist buying this but it's the only grocery store brand that doesn't taste like Starbucks' bitter asshole.

lately ive been using a milk foamer to stir the coffee and milk in my cup it makes it kinda frothy sometimes. I tried using it to mix the coffee in my french press but it made it super acidic and spilled everywhere

Who espresso here?

Try the Dunkin Donuts original blend, comrade.

I want an espresso machine so I can make red eyes and lattes at home, but I don't have one, so I've been using concentrated instant coffee to produce the same effect, it works really well!

I drink black instant coffee.

You people need to calm down.

My interest is aroused. Mind going through the gear you have in this pic?

This looks expensive.

>buy powdered coffee
>it's much better than the filter crap

What's a cheap yet satisfying instant coffee I can get at my local Wal-Mart?

Typically a snob but I really enjoy Nescafe Clasico

walmart.com/ip/NESCAFE-CLASICO-Instant-Coffee-10-5-oz-Jar/16381757

tasty with a bit of a punch, goes well with some milk

Sometimes in a rush I will just stir it into a glass of milk and it tastes great

and it comes in a cute little glass jar which is really nice

what do you like in your cold brew coffee?

Sure thing! Album here.

imgur.com/a/TTamJ

Roasting your own beans is a meme, right? I already feel like this hobby is already autistic enough compared to how everyone else makes their own coffee, but roasting would take it to a whole new level

Without matching tables it looks trashy. He should invest in a multilevel or wider table to hold everything within the same design aesthetic, also zones should be more clearly defined. All ujitasker implements should be hanged from hooks, multitasker get shelf space. What he has now is just a bunch of expensive assorted equipment in a layout that is so ugly it bruises fruit.

jesus man im fully erekt.

how much spent total?

is a siphon just a parlor trick for show or does it actually produce a unique taste?

Look at this roastin his own coffee ass nigga.

my sister works at starbucks so we get a bag of free true north blend coffee once a week, it be really good with some coconut whip cream im thinking

Starbucks coffee sucks. They use tons of cheap robusta beans and then burn the shit out of them to mask any problems with the flavors.

i like the coffee she brought home but its missing that bitter kick that most coffees have, and i dont know if i miss that

What hand burr grinder should I get?
I'm liking the stainless steel look, and the best I've found is a Hunt Brother's one so far.

LIDO

>£180
Autism.

Does anyone here have good coffee baked goods? My coffee toffee cookie recipe is kinda meh, so imma try to add it to my scones (dissolving instant coffee in some heavy cream). thoughts?

lido 2/3 or feldgrind
aesthetics are irrelevant, unless you want to pay a $100+ premium for a helor "the same material (aluminum) as an iphone" 101

Sorry I'm not autistic enough about interior design to sort things by number of purposes? All my autism points got spent on coffee.

Also what would a multitasker even be, like everything in my setup does one specific job?

Kinu, Lido, Feldgrind, or Anonymous. Listed as most expensive to cheapest.

Anonymous is about $75, and the cheapest grinder currently produced I'd ever recommend under any circumstances. There are some usability quirks compared to the others (PITA lid), but it's really solid goind quality wise.

3 cinnamon sticks and like 6-8 whole cloves in this batch. I also like scraping up vanilla bean and tossing that in.

i do enjoy the kicking horse stuff. pic related is my fav blend, despite the incredibly cringy description

Can you please not post a picture of my wife chino?

>What coffee-related memes have you fallen for lately?
Ordering fresh-roasted whole bean coffee from local roasters. It's twice the price or more and yeah, it's really good coffee but damn dudes. It's hard to want to shell that much out for coffee but it's hard to want to drink grocery store shit too.

I feel like an autist just for grinding my own beans and using a french press

Autism.

>my wife
You mean MY wife.

I tried coffee for the first time this morning and it tasted like ass. Really watery and bitter at the same time.
Does black coffee always taste like this? What should I do on my next brew?

A. Fucking. Leaf.

so....do i put sugar in esspresso or what?

Yes honey put your phone in your purse too.

I drink instant coffee.

Filter coffee doesn't taste better than instant coffee in my opinion.

What brand, m8?

Nescafe

Made frappe before?

Get yourself some Instant Coffee Type 1

>Made frappe before?
Nope I haven't, but I buy those.

Does anyone else make coffee like this?

>Make a double espresso
>Match that same amount of coffee with lukewarm water
>A tiny splash of milk

I absolutely love it, haven't made coffee any other way for the past year

In my old tassimo, I would throw in an espresso cup, and then hold down the "dispense more" button until the mug was full, then add my usual dash of cream.
Fucking fantastic.

You buy ONE bag of Canadian coffee...

gotta get this off my chest

>spent nearly a grand on espresso gear
>make great tasty shots and continue my daily drinking habit
>a month later I start getting palpitations and chest pain, can even feel my fucking aorta beating
>it gradually gets worse, eventually consult a doctor, describe my symptoms
>he says that sounds like an aneurysm forming
>have to quit caffeine cold turkey
>I'm fucking 25

well shit Veeky Forums, now I'm bummed out. guess I'll be moving to decaf.

>moving to decaf
Might as well kill yourself desu.

Lavazza pod machine thing > aeropress > french press > filter > moka pot > instant

you can get some that taste better than so-called semi-decent full bloodied coffee

stroopwafel.

sup fu/ck/ers, what's the best brand of pourover brewer? i'm siding with kalita wave on this one

They all do the exact same thing.

How many cups did you drink a day, bruff.

So I know I'm doing something wrong, but I have no idea what it is. I'm trying to use my Hario v60, with a Baratza Encore grinder. Problem being, almost every time I try to actually brew a cup, the filter holds the waters for far too long, barely anything even dripping through the filter. This has happened even when my Encore is set at ~30, just as when it's on ~15. It results in a brew taking ages, and tasting undrinkably bitter.

Any ideas?

The only difference between pourover cones is the size of the hole on the bottom.
Large gaping holes leak all their water right away, meaning you have to pour very slowly and deliberately if you want any extraction.
Smaller holes are much more forgiving and idiot-proof.

Are you using hario brand filters?
They changed their supplier at some point and all the reviews on amazon complain that they're shit now.

I didn't think the filter quality actually mattered until I tried generic walmart filters over melitta and the difference in taste was night and day.

stop this awful meme, the filter is (and should be) almost always the limiting factor
kalita wave is probably the best intersection of easy to use and good coffee unless you like the bonavita dripper

bump

I am using the Hario filters, so that could definitely be it. Is there another brand you'd recommend I use? I don't know what other type of filter would be compatible with my v60; would just any work?

I've had a two day throbbing headache from not drinking coffee after about a week of approximately 4 cups a day

I drink only 1 teaspoon of nescafe instant coffee in 1,5dcl hot tap water. Sometimes I add powder cramer.
I wish to see your pretensions asses flippin rn

>clear beakers in the windowsill with labels

w-what are those?

My wife chino is so cute!

This.

>tfw you feel for the turkish coffee meme

Drinking year old coffee grounds because I ran out of fresh ones. It's somewhat drinkable but I'll probably have a headache later.

is there anime about coffee? i have no desire to make anything beyond coffee, instant, but I still want to be immersed in the culture.

quick google indicated that buying most of that new >10kUSD. for coffee
for fucking coffee.
coffee.

it's not that bad unless youre grinding for espresso

My custom mineralized water.

No, it really is that bad. It's straight up better to get it ground when you buy it than use that literal garbage.

prima-coffee.com/learn/article/grinder-basics/is-it-always-better-grind-fresh

Is the Order a Rabbit? is cute and short and about girls hanging out in a cafe.

If you don't want cute, it's not specifically about coffee, but Tokyo Ghoul features it a lot.

I don't think there's an anime about "coffee culture" specifically though.

>My
You mean MY

1:3 ratio

1 teaspoon of fine ground per 3 ounces of water.

Sad day, work is getting rid of the traditional machine for super auto memes

adf

I'm thinking about getting that or this to keep on hand for emergencies and baking. Thoughts?

It's like $3, why would you even bother asking?

>unironically not sipping

It's pretty damn good for $3. It is strong. Much better than Folgers or Maxwell House

Yep, make a strong cup of that and you will take a shit in 1.5-2 hours.

Give me your favorite Aeropress recipe and Hario Mini Mill grind settings pls.

my wife chino is so cute

I feel like my moka pot is such a waste of coffee. A ton of coffee goes into one smallish cup. Is the french press any better in terms of yield?

Yes, would recommend.

I recently got one of these for my induction stove.
I got some espresso beans.
My question is, can I just nuke the hell out of it at the highest temperature or should I let it slowly cook at a lower temperature?

Latter.

It's much better.
I still recommend a 1:20 ratio of coffee to water though.

my wife Chino is so cute

Why are you people all the same?