Grilling. Beercan chicken

So I'm making a beercan chicken. It shouldn't be hard. Basically baking it on a grill over indirect heat.

Here it is covered in salt in the fridge. It's about half cup of salt and I let it sit for almost two hours. The salt was rinsed off and it was seasoned afterwards.

Other urls found in this thread:

modernistcuisine.com/2013/08/beer-can-chicken-popular-classic-based-on-science/
amazingribs.com/tips_and_technique/debunking_beer_can_chicken.html
epicurious.com/expert-advice/beer-can-chicken-is-a-hoax-article
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So I rinsed it and patted it dry. The tub is just chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper.

Monitoring

Oh also I took a 12 ounce beer and drank half and put the can up the chickens butt

So im using a 26inch charcoal grill. I used one overflowing chimney worth of charcoal and set it on both sides. The temp holds at around 430 while it Cooks with lid closed.
I used a drip pan. It's been baking a little over an hour now. Not much more to go

I added some mesquite chips for the first hour. See how that tatses

Cook that yardbird hot and fast 350 till 165f internal its not a brisket faggot

I don't have an instant thermometer. But 1.5 he's at 350/400 should do her nicely

Here it is before anything

And here it is in five pieces. I haven't slices breasts yet. Aside from the piece that goes with the wings.

>not letting it rest

Goodbye delicious juices. Never to be enjoyed.

It rested for twenty minutes dumb dumb.

Here's what's left from a wing and leg portion

Reminder that putting a beer can in a chicken does nothing because beer is mostly water which doesn't turn to steam until it reaches 212 Fahrenheit and the inside of the chicken will never reach those temperatures.

hate to tell you this bruh but you've been eating raw chicken

Guys I was just following the recipe. Next time I'll probably just use an empty beer can

you realise that
1) alcohol evaporates at a much lower temperature
2) metal conducts heat very efficiently ,so the underside of the can will get as hot at the oven temp, pass the heat onto the liquid in the can, this making it boil

3) basic fucking science.

Idiot

modernistcuisine.com/2013/08/beer-can-chicken-popular-classic-based-on-science/

amazingribs.com/tips_and_technique/debunking_beer_can_chicken.html

epicurious.com/expert-advice/beer-can-chicken-is-a-hoax-article

Just spatchcock it and use real wood instead of charcoal and wood chips.

>the chicken is on the beer
>beer is directly over heat
>beer steams the inside of the chicken
are you actually this retarded?

are you

beer can chicken is really bad for you because the inner lning of the cans is never supposed to be heated. it releases bad chemicals.

souce: pro brewer

Add ginger.
Thank me later

was thinking this as well

OP will now have alzheimer's later in life, poor guy

Yeah I have spatchcocked a few birds. I usually do them indoors. Sometimes you just want to be outside and chilling.

This, I always use a jam glass pot instead of a beer can.