Pizza obsession

I've become obsessed with pizza over the past year and I've noticed that other anons here share the same obsession. This is our thread, it's all about pizza here. Share your favorite pizzas, tell pizza stories, tell us about your ideas for pizza recipes, etc. This is a pizzafag safe space, let it all out. I, personally, eat it for over half of my weekly meals.

Other urls found in this thread:

curiouscuisiniere.com/lahmacun-turkish-pizza/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I love pizza. but my pizza experience is very limited. I watch videos of pizza and imagine what it tastes like. I've really only mostly had major chains pizza, but it's always so delicious. I want to eat at every pizza place in NY and Chicago and LA. I sometimes have fantasies about opening up my own pizza truck and calling it "Were it not for pizza" because were it not for pizza I would probably be dead.

I eat it probably once a month because I don't want to become a hedonist piece of shit

The obligatory trip to Lou's is always the highlight of whenever friends/family are in town. To me, it's togetherness good times in food form. For that totally subjective reason, I consider it the greatest pizza in the world.

Yes, thank you. I read a couple times online that "real chicagoans" eat pub pizza but every time i go back home i wanna get lou's.

>Lou's
Don't get me wrong it's good but it's not art of pizza.

That's a damn fine looking pizza.

I love pizza too, but I barely get it anymore because I want to force myself to cook more, and my electric oven isn't good enough for home made pizza. It's the one thing I miss the most though.

why do people put all those toppings ABOVE the cheese, what the hell, the cheese is supposed to be covering the topping partially

I love unusual pizzas, this one is from a restaurant that does grilled pizza and it has potato and rosemary on it for toppings

This sounds so specificially weird and somewhat ambitious that it slides back from the realm of fakeposts back into the real world.
Live your dream(s) user

That sounds really good
Is that some different cheese too?
I really want to make this

What is the optimal combination of pizza toppings?

Fontina and romano

cheese ham pineapples

Anything that compliments the bread which is the essence of the dish, without overpowering it.

New York style = Neapolitan style > Detroit style > flyover delivery style* > Chicago """style"""

I don't mean that as an insult to flyovers as I'm a flyover myself. I enjoy flyover style for what it is: a big ole greasy pile of shit to gorge myself on. I'm not too proud to admit that.

The tomato sauce is the essence of the dish, silly.

Anyone ever add herbs to the dough? My brother added basil flakes one time and it turned out amazingly.

"real chicagoans" do eat thin crust more than deep dish, but it's also not just a tourist meme. Whenever you order pizza, it's going to be thin crust, whereas deep dish is a special occasion thing you have a couple times a year. It's also primarily a north side thing, which causes some south and west siders to deride it.

wrong.

I'm going to assume you're American and thus why you are so ignorant.
Please don't bother replying, I don't wish to here the opinions of the uneducated.
Goodbye.

I would hope you're American, otherwise being so belligerently ignorant on the history of and what defines pizza would be doubly embarrassing.

People were putting shit on bread since the Romans, but it wasn't pizza until the pizza Margherita, which has tomatoes by definition.

'Pizza' as a round flatbread dish predates the discovery of the new world.

I'm making some bread right now (80% biga white bread recipe from "Flour Water Salt Yeast"), and I'm tempted to bake one loaf and then use the other half of the dough to make pizza tonight.

I don't have a pizza stone or a peel, I'd just be baking it on a cookie sheet.

Any tips on this (temp, time, etc)?

A shoutout to the wonderful turkish pizza.

recipe? name? ingredient list? information of some kind? looks good

What are you supposed to do with that tomato?

Lou's fucking sucks

Look at this picture, you can see how soggy and shitty the crust is

Can't help you there. So far I only bought mine.

I never got one with the pizza, so I'd just put it away. Maybe it's just done for the picture.

it's not though

Looks like a very immature meal, looks like a bored 9 years old made it. Try again ISIS supporters turkroaches.

What kind of good pizza is in LA? I have never heard of it.

it is called lahmacun or lacmajun

One of my favorites is garlic spinach and onion

No matter what it was you would've hated it because muh politics. Fuck off to /pol/ with that bullshit.

That's the kind of pizza that I like, a thin crust and a fuckload of toppings. Sadly, it's very hard to find pizza like that in restuarants, everybody is very jewish on the toppings.

I like eating actual meat and shit and not just a huge piece of bread and cheese.

It wasn't called """pizza,""" dummy.

That's the whole point.

Looks incredible. I'd probably chop the tomato and spread it around a bit but the crust looks divine. I'm going to try to make this recipe with lamb (pic related). Do you think it's fairly authentic? Anything you would suggest changing?

curiouscuisiniere.com/lahmacun-turkish-pizza/

If you're willing to shill out a little bit there's a Greek pizza place in Culver City called "Lenzini's" that's pretty alright. Try their gyro pizza, it's got onions, gyro meat, tomatoes, and tzatziki sauce on it. Also their buffalo chicken pizza with added olives, combined with a tub of their jalapeno ranch, is a good time.

The two best pizza toppings are corn and pineapple, preferably together.

Pineapple and olives with capers ;)

here

made two different kinds of pizza tonight -- this is the better one (before we cooked it, obviously)

homemade tomato sauce, broccoli, artichoke hearts, red onion, mozz, parm, swiss cheeses, sliced garlic, red pepper flakes

W H E A T
A N D
C H E E S E

the other one was topped with homemade tomato sauce, red onion, sliced garlic, pieces of "taylor ham" (???? i'm in nyc but my friend just came back from PA and i guess this is a thing?), jalapeños, and a few different kinds of cheese

anyways, turned out well after baking them -- cooked the crust plain at 450 for 5 minutes, then topped and baked them at 500 for 14-15 minutes.

it looks like flatbread with shit smeared on it

t. non /pol/ user

On a friend's recommendation I tried a pizza with white sauce, chicken, bacon, and onion. Twas damn good, almost better than Hawaiian.

looks like shit

What the fuck.
I'm not saying it doesn't have the potential to taste good, but dont call it pizza. That's too far of a stretch.
Come up with a different name. This is not pizza. Now, whats the real name for this "item"?

I've made pizza a few times this week from scratch as a noob. When does it stop tasting like a shitty Home Ec pizza made by some middle school faggot?

Also whats the best flour to make the crust stop tasting yeasty.

you gotta let it rise and proof for a super long time -- let the dough rise with a tiny bit of yeast for like 12 hours, then add a little more water and flour and salt and yeast and let it rise again for 3 hours.

you don't need a lot of yeast if you let it rise for a long time.

How do I know when my pizza dough is done kneading? I just made some dough and I'm letting it rise for like 5 hours then tonight I'm putting it in the fridge until tomorrow night ~24h for dinner.
Anyways I knead it 10-15 min until it became really strong and elastic and when I pull it apart it tears instead of becoming a thin strip without breaking if that makes sense. Would that be the sign that is it done kneading or did I fuck up?

Also how much yeast do I need? I used about half a teaspoon, and does that stuff go bad/lose its effectiveness because it is like 2 years old.

New Haven pizza is best pizza.

Curry powder and jism.

Can you cook pizza? Because bought pizza is usually shit if you can prepare it at home.

What are the rules for pizza?

If it tears when you pull it, you need to knead it more. Develop more gluten and it will stretch exponentially.

You will know if the yeast is ok by whether ir rises or not Half a teaspoon for a single pizza dough is about enough. I usually use fresh yeast so I cant remember the exact ammount. Maybe start the yeast in some water with sugar to get it kicking

lahmacun. its never called turkish pizza in turkey.

It's called Lahmacun (or some variation of that word)
Turkish thing. Minced lamb with spices on what is essentially a pizza dough, very fucking nice. Also there is a version called Zaatar which has a herb mix. Very good if you find them, highly recommend. Get lemon juice and chili on the lamb one
Use the highest temp available and adult ingredients. No pineapple buddy
Yeasty, I dunno. Let the dough rest longer I suppose. Sometimes it is just a bad batch

But it starts out really soft and stretchable when I mixed the ingredients so it goes stretchable>firm>stretchable again and then it's done?

Just keep kneeding. For a pizza dough i do the following
1 mix water and flour/salt and sit for 30 minutes
2 add yeast
3 properly mix
4 kneed a good 20 minutes then rest
5 kneed again after 1 hour or so

Rough guidelines, seems to work though. the tearing occurs at the start of the second kneed, just focusing on squashing the dough together, that is what forms gluten bonds, which makes it stretchy

Lema... Lahmmi... Llamasu...

Fuck it, turkish pizza it is.

a lot of pies in this thread, no real pizza yet

Is it pooping or does it have a black peepee?

>tasting yeasty
dunno about pizza but i had the same problem with bread, apparently i was using 3-4 times the necessary dose, even if it seemed already very little to me
try to drop it, and see how it works

you seriously think Lous is worse than the rubbery shit they serve at art of pizza?

>plebs debating over which trash is better
just open a trash thread, this is for pizza, not for weird american degeneracy

>Lous

>tfw in Kentucky now
>no based white clam pizza here

Typical Trump voter, gives up sounding out a word with more than two syllables

HNNNGGarian lángos is godtier

A friendly reminder that making your own pizza is the only true way to eat pizza.

Campitis pizza in Pittsburgh is the best pizza

Same here, user. Didn't try making a home made pizza yet, but my oven should be able to handle it.
Either way I'm wondering if it's worth it to cook more and 'live healthy' or whatever crap is being sold to me, if it means I can't eat pizza regularly anymore.

>and my electric oven isn't good enough for home made pizza
You can make a fine pizza in a home oven. Certainly better than that crap in the OP.

muh negro

>>tfw in Kentucky now
Welcome, user...

looks good user but i'd have put more of the cheese over rather than under the broccoli. Or just have eaten it separately

wtf is that sloppy shit?
and why does it have a crust like a flan?

that pizza looks perfect tbph.

Thanks, it's a real shithole state overall but Louisville is really nice and I fucking love Ale 8

>Typical Trump voter, gives up sounding out a word with more than two syllables
Typical SJW, flips it's shit over a joke.

As a swede I wonder what americans would think about our pizza as it's very different. Don't you ever use sauce on your pizza? Aside from the standard kebab pizza where it's obligatory, almost every place offer at least 2-3 kinds of sauces on all their pizzas. Only rarely do I buy a pizza without it.

NY = Neapolitan > the rest are equal

I just love pizza

?
It has sauce.
>As a swede I wonder what americans would think about our pizza as it's very different.
I've seen some kebab pizzas that look okay, but usually they look pretty bad.

I do think on average your pizzas have better-looking crust than our flyover style (Domino's, Pizza Hut, Papa John's).

Way to much sauce. People drown their shit in sauce and it's fucking nasty.

It makes up for the lack of cheese I guess.

Here in America we're all about LOADSA CHEESE.

Which one has sauce? The image in the post I quoted is like a stereotypical american pizza for me, thick crust, no sauce, tonnes of cheese and pepperoni. Either that or a chain pizza like Pizza hut or something. Regarding pizza hut I've only eaten once or twice but the bread is like a sponge and they taste nothing. I don't know if it's different in america, but over here you could go to any texmex buffet and get better pan pizzas than pizza hut.

It's very floppy and you never let the dough cook long enough. Banana pizza is good as a novelty but you need to stop putting lettuce on pizza, seriously stop doing that why are you doing that.

T. an american

It clearly has sauce, but if you want more sauce, I can get you more sauce. Just say the word.

Chifag here. Deep dish at Pizzeria Due is my fave, but like another user pointed out earlier, the whole "Chicago is Deep Dish Pizza" is a meme. I only go there twice a year. The only place to get good deep dish is downtown. If you go to suburbs you get Giordanos which is mass produced swill for tourists and people who have no taste buds.
I have never been a pizza hater. I love pizza from New York and I like trying some of the crazy things they do in California because spinach and sun dried tomatoes are awesome.

The only pizza I will not eat is thin crust grease pizza like what Little Caesar's makes. Theres a reason its only $5 for a large. I'd rather have frozen Tombstone or Red Baron tbqh.

If I had to give a recommendation to a tourist I would tell them Pizzeria Due for deep dish. You'll get what Duff Goldman calls "the wheel of meat". Sausage is pressed into a large circle that covers the entire circle. If you like margherita/napoli got to Spacca Napoli, great stuff and great flavor combos.

My normal "I'm tired, its Friday, grab my bitch and some pizza" i prefer thin crust at Aurelio's. The sauce is fantastic.

its all about TASTE, right??? why are you burgers so stupid

Pizza hut is shit. 90% of americans would tell you that. To me it exists simply for a way to cheaply feed a crowd of kids at a party.
We love sauce - Deep dish, thin crust, stuffed
We also love no sauce- Napolitan

You can talk shit about us in some other thread, Yurofag.

But we have the pizza game on lock.

>Dominoes Pizza
Into the trash it goes

The pizza in question is from Marco's which is really good for what it is: flyover style greasebomb.

>a sponge wouldnt be enough to take off all that grease
you have the fat game on lock pham, nothing else