What can I add to mashed potatoes to make it more flavorful? Aside from gravy

What can I add to mashed potatoes to make it more flavorful? Aside from gravy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q4vryZTr6MA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

sour cream or buttermilk. those are my secret weapons.

salt, pepper, garlic, cayenne pepper, nutmeg, semen, rosemary, basil, cumin, tumeric, ketchup powder

parsnips

Ranch

Nearly anything. Like seriously try and think of one food typed thing that cannot be added in one way or another.

Ice cream

Use melted room temperature ice cream in place of regular cream or milk.

Fuck you

One year, My friend's step mom forgot to buy cream for the mashed potatoes.

Don't worry though, she found a clever replacement last minute.

pic related.

>Ketchup powder

cheese
dont knock it till you fucked it

milk, cheese, sour cream, and an egg

chopped onion

Blue cheese mashed potatoes is the most way to enjoy potatoes.

Add literally any other root vegetable in a 70/30 ratio and you're basically good to go.

Also use a ricer.

The easiest way to do it is just milk and butter with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Can't go wrong

Clarified butter and strained yogurt.

red onion, peas, chilis and garlic

This thing right here. Every cook needs this in their home.

Mash with roasted garlic

Cheese and green onion is so good

Use red skin potatoes and only part peel them so there's some skin in the mash as well

Goes great with fried chicken

Barbecue sauce. One time I accidentally dipped my ribs into my mashed potatoes. I'm so glad I did.

Finely chopped leek

Browned butter

How do I improve my instant mashed potatos?
Can I just add raw garlic and butter?

More milk, butter, and salt. Add other stuff if you want a real kick to it. I've added hot sauce to it before with very good results.

Also, do you guys prefer you mashed potatoes skinned or with it still intact? I prefer mine unskinned.

Horseradish

Roasted or sautéed garlic, chives, salt, black pepper, butter, sour cream

Make sure it is 40% butter like gordon recommends.

Corn, lots of corn.

Chives, parmesan, put in in the oven. Enjoy

boil the potatoes in water and chicken stock

Salt
Butter
Garlic
Maybe some milk if you want them fluffier.
Literally all you need.

If your standard potatoes, milk, butter, spices mash isn't good, you're probably using shitty potatoes. Variety is fine, but you can't skimp on the main ingredient and be surprised when the finished product isn't good.

horseradish or garlic
use yukon golds for mashed potatoes

butter

More butter, and kale.

No, I'm not meming you. Seriously kale. It's called colcannon.

Ground lungs. I shit you not

mustard

Didn't we have this thread like 4 days ago?

It just died 2 days ago. Why are you making this thread again?

Black pudding
Parmesan

thyme

never thought of that, but that sounds delicious

Garlic powder and rosemary but why are those potatoes so lumpy and ugly? They need to be cooked long enough to whip nice and fluffy with just a little milk and butter

Fresh thyme

Certain types of potatoes do not get fluffy. They get gummy and lumpy. Gold potatoes tend to be the gummy shitty kind. What you need to use are the small red potatoes for white fluffy mashed.

I actually like my mashed potatoes a bit thicker and lumpier.

Anyway for the OP it's always garlic and a healthy amount of Parmesan.

Mix butter,milk, finely chopped chives and either top with a nice spoon of sour cream or gravy.

>garlic
Cut the top 1/2 inch off a garlic clove. Put it cut-side down on 1/2 tsp of salt and 2 tbsp of olive oil. Roast in the oven at 350 for an hour.

After mashing, add milk, butter, gouda cheese, and horseradish to taste. It gives it a little kick. It's so good

Butter
Salt
Animal stock

I was in alaska once and had golden potatoes with gravy. I'm almost certain they were using some sort of game bird gravy I'd never had. Or else I'm too stupid to replicate it. It's thrown me through a complete loop since I've had it. That whole taste.

Duck fat, cultured butter, a pinch of nutmeg,and the proper amount of salt, start with a 1/2 tsp per pound, then taste and adjust.

You can also add a couple cloves of garlic pasted and cooked in the fat on low, or a bunch of fresh chives finely chopped.

Also also after you cook the potatoes and strain them, put them back in the pot on low heat and stir for a while until they take on a texture kinda like wet clumpy sand.

Vegeta? What does the label say about it's sodium level?

Thinking about it now, that's what it had to be. Reduced liver fat from a duck. I couldn't place it at all. This guy was on another level ten years ago.

>milk
Naw, don't runny your shit up with milk. Cream, maybe. I can't remember if it was Chef Ramsey or Alton Brown that suggested roasting your potatoes and scooping the insides out, and never letting the potato come in contact with water.

For me that's had the best results if you have the time.

I tried this shit once and couldn't stop going super saiyan for the next ten hours

saffron, orange, nutmeg, walnuts. That's what I like to put in Okinawan sweet potatoes :D

Don't forget the coffee, chocolate, redwine and toothpaste.

You can pretty much put anything in desu. Usually I put smoked salt and chives, but you could probably fold some Swiss cheese in or add some fried diced up bacon.

Molasses
youtube.com/watch?v=Q4vryZTr6MA

Mayonnaise. Seriously, look at how creamy it is.

How'd it end up?

Flour and egg. Make some superior potato croquettes.

This and pretty much any mustard

Best thing to come out of Ireland

salt, pepper. milk, butter, muskat....a little bit trüffeloil

Butter and broccoli

put a 'rogie round it

Garlic
Thyme/Rosemary compound butter
Extra sharp goat cheese
Worcestershire
Carrot puree

That's with cabbage and onions fuck nugget

Surprised nobody has mentioned cream cheese yet...about half/ 3/4 brick of cream cheese folded into mashed taters, big pat of butter on top and into the oven to crisp the top...
Top tier mash taters...

potatoes 101 class

waxy varieties include Charlotte, Maris Peer, and Jersey Royals,Red Bliss or New Potatoes

less starch, like most red-skinned potatoes

Starchy: Like the classic Idaho or Russet, these potatoes are (obviously) high in starch and low in moisture. They’re fluffy, making them great for boiling, baking and frying, but they don’t hold their shape well, so they should be avoided in dishes like casseroles, gratins and potato salads.

Waxy: Like Red Bliss or New Potatoes, these have a low starch content and are often characterized by a creamy, firm and moist flesh that holds its shape well after cooking. They’re typically great for roasting, boiling, casseroles and potato salads.

All-Purpose: These potatoes have a medium starch content that fall somewhere in between the starchy and waxy potatoes. They’re a true multi-purpose potato, and therefore can be used for just about any cooking application. example is the Yukon Gold.
potatoes are mostly bland which why they feed them to people with stomach problems
anything you want can go into a potatoe dish
and mashed or riced potatoes are science projects add anything you like and see what happens. don't understand why people make cooking complicated and potatoe anything is the easiest to make , why do you think they have children do it at thanksgiving.

>Surprised nobody has mentioned cream cheese
reeeeeeee there goes my secret

My mum would mix in some seeded mustard all the time. Its pretty nice.

whipped potatoes with fuckin cheese is unreal.

butter, milk, heavy cream, chives, salt, white pepper [spoiler]cream cheese[\spoiler]

Recently tried a sous vide mashed potatoes recipe. Add butter, about half a small carton of heavy cream, and half a block of cream cheese. Squish the shit out of it all, add garlic and salt/pepper to taste. Very good stuff.

The Dutch do this as well, with smoked sausage and gravy.

Brie. Do it, faggot.

Better tasting mashed potatoes. That will make your milqetoast mashed potatoes taste better.

Salt alone fixes 99% of potato problems.

Sry...

> (OP)
>salt, pepper, garlic, cayenne pepper, nutmeg, semen, rosemary, basil, cumin, tumeric, ketchup powder
Lol cumin

>9000 mg

garlic
beef bullion
onion powder
chives

This, tablespoon of whole grain mustard mixed in is god tier

Smoked cheese, grainy mustard, nutmeg and some wussy sauce. Even capers if you're into that.

Celeriac root, apples, nutmeg, cinnamon.

He died; that's why he hasn't responded to you.

>salt, pepper, garlic, cayenne pepper, nutmeg, rosemary, basil, cumin, tumeric, ketchup powder
Lol, basil

nutmeg and black pepper
wala
boone apple tits
you're welcome

Blair's 3am reserve
Pic related

Roasted kale and smoked kielbasa.

Lots of mayo

t. white boi

crispy pancetta (with the grease), smoked gouda, heavy cream

I add skim milk and chedder