/alc/ - Alcoholic General

Didn't see a thread here so thought I'd start one. Got 2 bottles of champagne and a bottle of vodka earlier. What are you drinking Veeky Forums?

Nothing today. Left my drinks at my buddy's house, and no car. I have half a bottle of wine left that belongs to my sister, but there's no point in drinking that because I won't even feel it.

Would kill for a 12 pack today to go with the wine. I have the money, too, which is rare. But just not the means to get to a package store.

bump

?

Relaxing with this.

Post on craigslist for someone to deliver it to you for a fee

Water. It's 8 AM

So... waiting til 8:30 ?

NEED a whore gf

Human females have been selectively bred over centuries for their ingenuity and logical prowess

Floor user here here we go again

Whats your love affair with the floor all about mate?

not him but there is both a physical and symbolic comfortableness in being as low as you can get.

it means there is no falling left.

I follow.

who /kilju/ here?

>not as much hassle as distilling
>no risks of fires or explosions
>not illegal
>cheap
>gets the job done

better than carrot liquor, probably.

Alcoholic here. On day 2 of no drinking. It sucks total shit.but I am through with this.

>carrot liquor
wtf

No withdrawals?

Good luck m8, the anhedonia part sucks but it doesn't suck nearly as much as a lifetime of sickness and anxiety.

this. after the withdrawals are over the relief of not having crippling anxiety and insomnia and nausea feels like a vacation though. its bliss in its own way.

>dream for hours that I've got gallons of delicious, freshly-iced glacier water, flowing liberally from a delicious Alp, cascading through my room via a waterfall next to my bed; it's delicious, fresh, hydrating goodness swelling every cell in my body with exquisite, frosty, mineral-rich water nomminess
>wake
>mouth is drier than a cremated lizard left in the Saharan desert sun
>try to sleep regardless of entire body shutting down due to withdrawal, dehydration and ferocious lethargy
>30 mins later, entire body has turned to salt and sand
>drag self desperately to nearest tap
>full blast, open mouth, absorb the FUCK out of its soothing goodness
>move mattress to kitchen; I WILL NEVER AGAIN BE SO FAR FROM YOU, WONDERFUL WATER
>drink 40% ABV diuretic to celebrate

Me.
Yeah, me.
You.
Yeah, you.
Kill me.
Please.
Make this end.

Why do you let yourself get so dehydrated? Is it that hard to fill up a big jug of water and put it next to whatever you sleep on? Im not criticizing you, just aghast that you let yourself suffer so

I've had those Alps mineral water dreams as well. Multiple times.

There was one time were I actually had the sense to get a bottle and put in in the fridge so I woke up to actually having delicious bottled water to drink. Just wobbled to the fridge and back to bed with a 1.5L.

Absolutely magnificent.

It's always empty. I have a 5L bottle by my bed, but I only move once every few days. The water is so frequently gone and it's really hard to get more ;_;

At least the dreams are delicious. And their consequences stink less than the 'ahhh, blissful nearby toilet' dream.
Kill me.

kek, i've had those as well

If you use these you can drink while laying on your back without moving.

They're lifesavers.

>When you drown 300ml and don't feel shit
>Some other day you drown the same amount and get real buzzed

magic

>That feeling when you're dehydrated as shit when you wake up and start drinking water
Holy shit it's so good, water never tastes better

>when you literally feel the water flooding your raisin brain

>drink some 94%
>listen to music at high volume
>everything feels right
why can't real life feel like this?

Because humans are naturally selected to be unsatisfied because that provides a greater evolutionary benefit than happiness.

Nah it doesn't. We suffer because we can't just chill; we insist on meddling.

I'll second this. I've never been is better shape physically then when I was in the most hellish period of my life.

>try to drink only 8.4% for 2 days
>bloated, twitchy, uncomfortable, barely tipsy
>buy vodka
>down a bottle
>feelsokman
>drink another 2 over next few hours
>omfg, this is what life is for
>5mg lorazepam
>feel like the Buddha
>wake
>contemplate suicide
>more vodka, couple of diazepam and 400mg tramadol
>I AM JESUS
>wake
>contemplate suicide
>on my second bottle, heroin en-route
Sure feels sustainable

>551 days sober
>think every day about drinking
>every bar I drive past calls my name
>I love you, I whisper under my breath
>remember all the miserable hangovers
>remember the drunk driving accidents
>remember the maxed-out booze credit cards
>remember the drunken suicide attempts
>Damn it'd be nice to have a drink.

The crash is always equally shitty to how good the high is. You're a mess. Anyone in your life that can help you dig yourself out?

That's what I'm saying.

Smirnoffbro?

I have pre-emptive diarrhoea when I think about drinking. It's been a few times now, when I have an opening (I'm living with family, occasionally go back home alone) and feel like drinking.
I have no idea where this comes from. Do I unconsciously forget my pancreas juice pills with a meal? Does my body purposefully remind me my pancreas is fucked and I can't drink?

>551 days

Very impressive. I haven't gone longer than a month in decades. Stick with it m8

ive heard coke addicts say the same thing (in rehab). there is a term for it called euphoric recall. its associating something with a remembered pleasurable result, and your nervous system prepares for it, or "remembers" it. pretty interesting stuff if you ask me.

people like you give us some hope that it can be done. i struggle with just saying "fuck it i know what will happen but i dont care i just want to get loaded right now"

whats your coping strategy?

>get 4 days hammered in a row at parties till i puke
>first day home alone
>decide to get wasted

maybe im taking this too far

I just did the math and I'm at 531.

>Damn it'd be nice to have a drink.
Yea, but it's never just one. It's a goddamn shitshow is what it is. It's a pretty easy decision to make every day now.

I've had dreams like this dozens of times. I'd drink gallons of water in the dreams, but it was never enough. I would then wake up horribly dehydrated and chug 1L of water or milk. Drinking milk was fucking amazing during those times, and it's better than water due to the electrolytes and vitamins and shit.

Even sober (since Friday the 18th), I've been having trouble staying properly hydrated because my focus is back to hardcore levels and I get so immersed in things that I neglect myself. This is mostly a problem at work because I love what I do (CNC machinist) and I've had some really enjoyable jobs these past few weeks. It's often around 80F in the shop, so I sweat most of the day.

Sweating like that daily is actually good for you as long as you replace electrolytes. good way to remove toxins.

Hello guys, need more beer I think, also drinking free wine as a chaser

>Be Me
>Be alcoholic for like 5 years
>Only be sober for a grand total of 3 months spread out over this time
> half litre to liter per day even on work days
>Quit like a month ago and dont change diet at all

Ive lost 20 pounds and have in the last week gotten with more girls than I did all of last year.

Being an alcoholic is overrated.

bitterburger

lucky bastard

also smashed my little finger while closing muh fridge, it hurts like hell and is bruising under the nail
fml

Very classy vodka

I was in denial for years about my alcoholism. I honestly believed I could some how manage it. But I couldn't stay sober. Anytime I swore it off, I would relapse.
The moment I got honest, and admitted I had a problem, was the moment I could finally do something about it.

tl;dr: you can only fix a problem if you know (and admit) that you have one.

Im sorry dude but how is it lucky to have wasted 5 years of my best years of my youth (22 - 27) being an alcoholic?

I sometimes get panic attacks when I think I might start withdrawing but when I pay close attention it's way milder than I build it up to be.

you smashed some poon with multiple fems recently. i havent got any since 2010

>2.5 hours till my local supermarket starts advertising its booze offers for September.

very excited. basically it determines if I'm going to be concentrating on beer, wine or whisky this month.

hey it's free beer, a friend of mine was leaving to study in lithuania and she loaded off a bunch of her food and drinks at my place because she is subletting her place to another person while she is gone. Lots of free beer and wine, awesome

Yeh, hell if its free thats great. Bitburger is bitter but its made of quality ingredients. I have bought it a few times in the past. Its not bad tasting.

Ah thanks dude.

Yeah I think its just about my healthier appearance. Ive always been decent at socializing, not really a pickup artist or anything though. But jsut being able to socialize and having a healthy appearance and not getting blackout ridiculous, its actually pretty easy and fun.

It definitely gets easier for guys as we approach and ride out our 30s. I dont want to sound like an r9k incel faggot but there is some truth to girls starting to freak out about their age and looking at healthy potential partners as more appealing rather than just loud bros as they approach this age.

I'm throwing up blood help me

This.

Im 30, average build and looks and late 20s girls are ridiculously easy to get simply because I have a decent job, I keep myself clean, and I can socialize.

Kilju is the best :D

what did u drink user

also its probably just ur stomach lining taking a dump because it knows ur a sensitive bitch

post pics

Oy vey

Nothing today past night a bottle of rum 2 bottles of wine and 12 cans of beer split between me and my mate

i mean i drink a lot and i can drink all my mates under the table but how do you get to this point and still be able to basic human functions because id be beyond fucking gone

i mean fuck like what the hell

Is it like clumps of blood? or just straight up throwing up blood like projectile vomiting. Neither are very good but if it's just clumps it might just be your stomach lining. Oh and if it's the former you're most likely dying

I don't have basic human functions i just stumble about the place mumbling gibberish constantly and always piss all over myself and shit or just shitpost on 4 chan I'm pretty suicidal but luckily my freinds keep me alive

Part of my withdrawal anxiety was fear of withdrawal and nightmares.
I used to panic at the smallest belly ache too.
I had doctors told me I had a fart in my digestive track, not a starting pancreatitis. Yes, pluralised doctors, heppened on several occasion.

Red wine? It can look like blood.

Its like a mix of bile and blood

Can anyone link me to a good a brewing guide

White wine

fuck, getting sleepy. almost felll asleep while catching up with the threa

I sleep and sit on the floor

Thank God for that biological clock I guess

Where do you go poo?

So how long does it usually take to get used to whiskey? I'm currently sipping on some I'd gotten as a present, and while the first few sips made me wanna puke I'm finding myself slowly getting used to it

not long

after 1 bottle it will feel like something you always get pissed on

you are using wine as a chaser to beer? why?

Sweet, I hope I can get a good taste for it since I really could use a strong drink to sip on for some evenings

You will find your tastes in liquor are aquired and go in phases.

There was a time where I would get a bottle of jack, pour some into a short glass neat and be able to comfortably sip on it. I could enjoy the flavor enough to want to do it. Now I can do the same but with gin and cant drink whiskey. Gin is starting to taste ugly too though, have been drinking blended scotches like Cutty Sark more.

Drink what you like, just make sure you like it.

The only meme liquors that no one in their right mind drinks straight for enjoyment is cheap tequilla, vodka of any caliber, and sugary liqueurs.

>Inb4 vodka is awesome you just havent had good vodka

Its water mixed with ethanol and a subtle taste of potaoe, wheat, or grain. Its garbage fuck off. Its only common in some countries because it is so cheap. Literally a sack of potatoes even in a high end supermarket in America costs a few bucks and with a bit of time you can turn it into vodka. It also mixes well, this is why it is popular.

I don't think I've ever even tried to drink vodka for enjoyment, always just been something to get hammered on for a party or something. I'll need to try it but yeah, can't really imagine it being that good for a quiet evening drink.

Good vodka can be good, but they're expensive, and often not worth it compared to gin/whiskey/etc
They're all acquired tastes.

Who /hair of the dog/ here?

what

I woke up 15 mins ago feeling sick and I've since had 2 deep drinks and feel great.

I don't have work on sundays so I start as soon as I wake up instead of after work, does that count

Sure I suppose. It's Monday morning here though :^)

Hair of the dog that bit you is a term used to describe drinking alcohol to get rid of the negative effects caused by drinking alcohol. it originated in ancient england as a medical treatment. they had various bizarre and entirely uneffective remedies for illness back then. If you got bit by a dog and were injured or sick, this particular "recipe" for wellness included getting a hair from that dog to be included with other ingredients.

I've got 30 .25mg alprazolam, it's been 25 hours since my last drink. How do I use these to taper off? I feel fine atm.

I've been drinking 8-10, 16oz PBRs a night for the last 2 years, and was drinking a 1.75 of taaka every 2 days previous to that. I started drinking in 2007.

Listening to the Beach Boys drinking gin & 7up

Good times

>10 ish pounds overweight
>could lose it ez
>can't stop drinking

underage ban

>Texshit
>overweight

No surprise

How does vodka taste like? I wanna get into drinking liquor but I dunno if it's too risky. I already drink lots of beers and wine.

Stick to beer and wine

Getting comfy with a box of this