Mushroom appreciation thread

i want to use them outside of putting them in my omelet, any recipes/foods with mushrooms that are good?

Stuffed mushrooms with a steak and mashed potatoes. That's god-tier shit right there, my mom makes this for Christmas dinner.

I love pot roasts with either thickly cut or whole, if small enough, mushrooms.
I prefer baby bella over white button in this, but white buttons are more versatile elsewhere.
Each morsel pops with beefy juice when chewed, and they retain their fleshy texture after numerous hours slow cooking in either your dutch oven or crock pot.
love and appreciate mushrooms

My secret recipe:

Bake the mushrooms until nicely done.
While doing that prepare a pan filled with tomato sauce, black pepper, cottage cheese, a slice of Gouda and some Frank's buffalo sauce.

When the mushrooms are done, add them to the sauce, cook fir 3 - 4 minutes.

Grab some quality slices of sourdough bread. Put the two slices in the bowl, add the mushroom broth / stew and enjoy.

Quite amazing.

>eating literal fungus
I'll scrape some flakes off my feet if you're that hungry, OP.

>having shit taste
how unfortunate 4u

Portabello Burgers
>Get portabello caps like pic related
>Wash them or don't, I don't fucking care
>Put in plastic bag
>Add olive oil, black pepper, garlic, rosemary, thyme, basalmic vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce
>Close bag, shake it up
>Leave in fridge for 3 to 6 hours
>Heat up grill
>Grill those caps, flipping once, until seared
>Serve on burger buns with your favorite cheese and burger toppings

Here's a champignon side dish that I like to make for stuff like schnitzel, works great as pasta sauce too though imo

>dice an onion and add to your pan
>cut your champignons into medium slices and add them too when the onions are starting to sweat
>stir on medium heat and add pepper and salt
>once the champignons lose about half their size (they should still be a bit chewy not all soft) turn up the heat and deglaze with white wine
>add cream and tarragon and turn the temperature down to medium heat again once it dissolved in the wine
>add salt and pepper to taste and let simmer for a few minutes

presto

Mushroom soup is godtier

Chicken or Beef Stroganoff

if mushoroms dont arent getting u hi theire not worth eating u cuck

I used to do this often when I had a grill. One old favorite was to fill the cap with pizza sauce, then top with mozzarella and herbs so I'd have portabello pizzas.

This

I don't like cream soups though, but I made hungarian mushroom for work yesterday and it sold out, super happy about that.

Fuck I forgot my pic.
Hey, I've never tried that. I'll have to do it sometime.

I never understood why people don't like mushrooms.

Fuck, I forgot it twice. I'm extra retarded.

>ewww mushrooms are slimy

they are literal children, can't stand to be around these people. Once they start saying stuff like that I start seeing them as spoilt children

Instead of putting them in your omelet you should put them where they ACTUALLY belong.
da traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash

Lately I've been going through one of those giant packs of baby bellas from Costco a week.

All I do is slice them up, throw them in a hot pan with some cooking spray to brown, then turn it down to medium and add some butter. Serve it as a side with literally anything. Like this tri-tip for instance. Also had a king oyster mushroom I threw in there.

Here's a Marilyn Manson quote:

“I don't like mushrooms. They taste a bit like sperm to me. And I only say that because everyone who's ever kissed a girl after oral sex knows what that tasted like. You don't have to be gay to know the flavor.”

I know people who grew up in the 60's in flyover land have told me their parents only bought canned mushrooms because groceries didn't stock fresh mushrooms back then. Those canned things really are slimy and disgusting so it just became one of those impossible to eliminate childhood associations.

>kissing a girl after cumming in her mouth
"No"

The best I ever had was chanterelle bread dumplings (Pfifferling-Semmelknödel) in a chanterelle sauce. I could eat chanterelles every day, they're hands way down the best fungus.

I agree with him. Mushrooms taste the same as my sperm smells.

this is true but i still love em. and the sperm aroma goes away with sufficient seasoning