Stupid question

Should i replace my frying pan? i heard it's health hazard

ASAP
Frying pans are coated with a highly toxic substance. Very dangerous stuff folks.

it will release cancerous chemicals that will kill you in 20 years if it reaches 400C in your stomach. You are already dead sorry

That's radium paint they use it to cheaply paint pans at the expense of consumer health. You need to throw it away asap if it chips.

Time for new one.
Go to Marshalls or Costco, or hit up a macys sale

get a normal pan this time you lazy soccer mom

>not using iron skillet masterrace

This.
Teflonfags deserve the chemicals leeching into their food that probably will give them cancer in 20 years.

teflon passes right through the body because it cannot be absorbed by the body. don't worry about it.

If you look at a professional kitchen you'll notice they only ever use carbon steel or stainless steel.
Get yourself a nice carbon steel pan, season it well and never look back.

I can't be arsed to season a pan. Shits takes ages. And it's bullshit on top of that, i have a stainless steel pan i use for two years now and food still stick to it.

Stainless steel doesn't become "non-stick" the way a seasoned cast iron pan does. You don't really season stainless, its surface should always stay pretty much the same way as when you bought it new.

This. I got one for about $7 from a thrift store. Shit cooks better than any teflon shit. I don't let anyone else touch it.

Carbon steel is almost perfect. If only the seasoning could deal with vinegar.

why not go cast iron? I don't really understand the point of carbon steel. They seem alright but I don't really see any benefit compared to cast iron and their are definitely more expensive. I personally wouldn't cook eggs or fish in cast iron, but I see no harm in using a small coated pan for that.

>lighter
>smoother

The "non-stick" ones are bad health practice. But everyone loves them cause "DEY DO NOT MAKE MUH EGGS STICK TO DA PAN!!111". The chemical that is used on those pans are not so good to ingest.

The more educated know that cast iron is legions better than nonstick. You just have to apply your own nonstick to the skillet, i.e., season it. Aka, apply a light coating of oil/grease to it after you wash it. So that it will not begun to rust.

do you even lift? I have a 32cm cast iron pan from lodge and I really like how it balances in my hand. Lighter would feel like a toy pan to me.

>pan from lodge and I really like how it balances in my hand. Lighter would feel like a toy pan to me.
Lodges are toy pans. buy something decent or shut the fuck up

>If you look at a professional kitchen you'll notice they only ever use carbon steel or stainless steel.

because they drench everything in oil... no thanks. I'll stick with teflon.

so are the chemicals bad or not? googling gets me articles that say that they will kill me and articles that say that they are harmless

Lodge is great shut the fuck up

Nonstick is for pussies. Hot pan cold oil. Cast iron is nice too.

>He still cooks in cast iron like a medieval peasant