What's Chicago's problem with ketchup on hot dogs?

What's Chicago's problem with ketchup on hot dogs?

who would ruin their tube of gristle and buttholes with ketchup xddddd

Who cares what flyovers do?

>muh regional tradition
Moronic baseless elitism.
You wouldn't let an eatery tell you that you have to have something on your food whether you want it or not, why let them dictate what you don't get on it? The prerogative of what goes on your food is yours.

Same reason why some people hate the thought of contaminating their steaks with condiments. Some of it is elitism, some of it is preference, some tradition. Honestly who cares what someone else does with their food lol.

>Honestly who cares what someone else does with their food
About 75% of Veeky Forums in my experience

from your personal preference, are these the superior hot dog condiments?
yea or nay

Even though ketchup grosses me out, I think people from Chicago are cunts for dictating how you eat your processed garbage. The only thing worse than listening to them talk about hot dogs is listening to them talk about pizza.
Also, that's the Weiner Hole, a place whose gimmick is to literally treat you with hostility no matter what you do. The fact that a place like that can exist there tells you as much as you need to know about Chicago.

>yea
about fucking time someone got it right
but nay, hotdogs are garbage food, there should be no restriction on how you eat them

You might as well go big if you're going to punish your digestive system.

It's a goyish thing to do to a kosher dog.

Imagine how culturally deprived you have to be for not putting ketchup on processed meat scraps to be a matter of regional pride. It makes the cultural wasteland of Bongistan look like a hotbed of haute cuisine.

You mean wieners circle you fucking mongoloid?

A proper German hotdog is wonderful.
High quality bratwurst, south dough roll, real mustard and sauerkraut.

Chicago has amazing food you double bigger.

Chicago is a shitty city. Who cares about their opinions. They are going to be extinct in about 100 years anyhow once all the blacks run out of people to kill.

You like paying premium prices for salty pig anus?
Point at this faggot and laugh! He thinks his poor people food is better!

That depends entirely on whether their rate of murder or reproduction is higher. Chicago may tragically be a self-sustaining hell.

>complains about the price of a fucking hot dog
>poor people food
You are an actual fucking retard

The black people only kill other black people so sounds like a win to me

They should just stop eating hot dogs and acting like children and eat brats and polish sausages

We already do. Ever heard of a Maxwell street polish?

>Chicago has amazing food
This is completely correct. Chicago is a great food town. Which makes it seem crazy that the locals are obsessed with trash like hot dogs, Italian beef sandwiches and deep dish pizza. I think it's a Midwest thing - you're supposed to be a regular guy, so any show of having good taste is a sin. So not expressing love for the city's historic trash food is somehow putting on airs. But it means you have the locals telling visitors they HAVE to try this garbage in a town with so many better options. I guess that works fine when those visitors are hayseeds, but it does nothing for the town's reputation.

A German hotdog is wiener wurstchen, not bratwurst.

I know you already do to some extent, I'm just saying you should fully dump the hot dog as part of your culture like Wisconsin instead of being proud of eating some shitty hot dog like a child

>I think it's a Midwest thing - you're supposed to be a regular guy, so any show of having good taste is a sin
Thats why upper midwestern cities are just loaded with excellent restaurants?

>dump the hot dog as part of your culture like Wisconsin
While they're more popular in Michigan you can still find Coney joints in Wisconsin.

Not really though. Wisconsin does the custard stand as their local casual dining restaurants, and eat a shit ton of bratwursts but generally not from restaurants

>Thinks just the price is what makes something poor people food
>Is fine with paying extra for poor people food

Very hard to get a decent bite to eat in most of the Midwest. But Chicago is an exception. Which makes it sad that the locals take such pride in the shitty options.

>Very hard to get a decent bite to eat in most of the Midwest
No its not, its incredibly easy, most upper midwestern cities have quite a surplus of great restaurants

But I like them. Obviously i domt eat them frequently or even semi frequently but I can't tell you how good it is to actually stop at a genuime Vienna beef hotdog stand on a beautiful summer day as you're enjoying your day off walking through grant park just because you were hungry and that red and yellow sign really sold you.

Not originally.
A real hotdog is ONLY made with a bratwurst.

>So not expressing love for the city's historic trash food is somehow putting on airs.
t. pho eater

is it ever better than a polish or brat though?

um, what?

Alright guy, don't go shitting on italian beefs

You got problems reading, retard?

Depends on what you're in the mood for but I get your point. Some people like all that bullshit on their hotdog but 9/10 times I'd just take a plain brat with some mustard.

definitely trouble understanding what you wrote.
What does that even mean a real hot dog is a bratwurst?

Also food in any major city can be a crap shoot. If rather have a good hotdog from devil dogs than a shitty polish from some 2-bit hole in the wall

Hahaha!

While most of Wisconsin seems to have moved on to awful pizza (I'm looking at you, Toppers) there are still a few Coney joints left. The one in La Crosse my wife went to as a child is still in business.
But once you're out of the city things get real grim real fast.
>pho eater
This is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Using a common and delicious immigrant food as some kind of line in the sand between regular folks and some snooty hipster. Are you frightened of limes and avocados as well? Jesus, what the fuck?
>italian beefs
Terribad sogwiches

>This is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Using a common and delicious immigrant food as some kind of line in the sand between regular folks and some snooty hipster.
Says the guy talking down to people for taking pride in hot dogs. lol.

but Toppers is one of the better shitty pizza chains. I'd take it over probably any of the national chains

>Wisconsin does the custard stand
I need to go to Kopps now

But that's my point. Food that would just be normal everywhere else becomes a lightning rod in the Midwest because it's not something grandpa ate. As for hot dogs I live in NYC. Hot dogs are a thing here, too. But while we love places like Nathan's on Coney Island, and might even tell a tourist not to discount the hot dog at Katz's we don't get all precious about them because there's so much else going on here foodwise.
That's what people say. Having visited recently and tried it all I can say is that to me it was fucking disgusting. Then again I don't eat any chain pizza, so maybe that's part of it. But Toppers in particular seems to go for a Pizza Hut level of overkill, making up for cheap ingredients by piling them on, then giving you ranch dressing to put on top. Pic related. Fucking disgusting. Who puts ranch, bacon, cheddar AND fucking tater tots on a pizza?! That's just grim as fuck.

You really need to stop talking sweet about italian beefs. I might have to do something irartioNAL

I typically only eat chain pizza if other people have already bought it, but Toppers ingredients seem to be significantly better quality than Pizza Hut tier stuff.
Also Its worth noting that the one you are talking about is just one random weird pizza from their menu, not the base tier stuff

>Who puts ranch, bacon, cheddar AND fucking tater tots on a pizza
sounds ok

They need to save it for their pizza

Why in a town with so much good food do people still get so attached to a greasy soggy sandwich made from poor quality beef. Even the locals in Philly freely admit Pat's and Gino's are tourist traps, and when pressed about cheesesteaks will admit an Italian cold cut hoagie or a roast pork with broccoli rabe is a better sandwich. In LA people will recommend the French dip at Phillipe's or Cole's, but it's more as a historic meal in a town without much history, like dinner at Musso and Frank's. But only in Chicago do people get genuinely upset at the suggestion an Italian beef isn't very good.
We got one of those but I couldn't bring myself to try it. I tried two of the others. Very bready and greasy, which is not how I like my pizza. And I sure as fuck don't get the ranch dressing thing, especially on something so greasy to begin with.
In a casserole maybe.

Ranch dressing goes with potato pretty well

The epitome of american customer service

Ketchup on anything but French fries and kraft dinner is disgusting.

Lose the pickle and we can have an adult conversation

Chicago is an irrelevant shithole so in order to make themselves feel better about themselves, they have to make up food rules that even NY doesn't have.

'go dog

Thanks for the salad.

Chicago is basically "what if NY was cursed by a scorned gypsy woman", so it has all the same trappings but manages to make them 20x worse. This includes being pretentious about fucking street food, but somehow 20x more pretentious and annoying about it.

Starter Kit

>complains about ketchup
>adds neon green relish

Every time.

Sadly this is true. Chicagoans are infinitely more impolite than NY'ers. They will deliberately steer you wrong as a tourist and snarl with a pretentious sneer as if they're somehow better than pure whitetrash slaughterhouse offal which their noxious town was built on. Chicagoans have a real complex; they're not up to east coast standards and they look like a babby crying for his east coast nipple to a west coast person. They're a strange distorted element of the american psyche.

I make tuna salad with ketchup instead of mayo

Just give me mustard, relish, and onions.

Not sure what anyone was expecting out of farm country dumbfucks who moved to a big city.

Why do southerners ever eat yellow mustard though when grainy or brown mustard is so much better?

Ketchup on a Chicago style hotdog is dumb because there's already so much shit on it that you don't need it.

But the retardation of Chicagians hating ketchup on a hotdog in general is a good reason to leave a very small hole in our intercontinental ballistic missile defensive network.

>Not putting meat sauce on your pig anus