*removes every sandwich except the BLT*

*removes every sandwich except the BLT*

ahhh... much better :)

who invented this monstrosity

You actually typed that faggot shit out and thought youd be funny.

The BLT evolved from the tea sandwiches served before 1900 at a similar time to the club sandwich.
Tea Sandwich: Place of origin - United Kingdom
so basically brits that were americans at heart

Replace the lettuce with something else

It may actually take good that may

Literally how hard is it to understand English and type properly you rabid mongrel nigger?

i ordered a blt at this shitty diner one time and they asked what i wanted on it and i just said it was fine how it came
and the server looked at me like i was mental and asked "that's all???" so i was like "ok, mayo" and they gave me a bacon and mayo sandwich with no L and T and i was so mad

>Not liking Reubens too
Shit taste OP, shit taste

BLTs are reddit: the sandwich

A BLT is a tomato sandwich. The lettuce and bacon are there to enhance the tomato. Other meat would get in the way of the tomato's flavor.

A chicken, lettuce, and tomato sandwich would be good. And you could call it a CLT (pronounced "clit").

>Literally
Verbose

>evolved @ 1900

I don't believe that for the simple reason lettuce is a cool season crop and tomatoes are a hot weather crop. Prior to long distance refrigerated trucking of produce from different geographical regions (after WWII), those vegetables would not have been available at the same time. Ergo, the BLT could not have been conceptualized let alone realized.

>using raw tomatoes on any sandwich

Last night for dinner, we made an open faced blt on a pita toasted in sesame oil, and used crispy pork belly, it was a good twist on the usual.

i make what i call blts but theres no l and t i put bacon cheese and red onions instead plus some garlic pickles

People in the 1900's would hold food behind spaceship engines to irradiate food for shelf life. People back then also foraged for greens to stay alive so the lettuce could be replaced with dandelions or something similar.

Thousand Island dressing on a sandwich makes me want to vomit

>reading comprehension
it says that the tea sandwiches were served before 1900. You know, sandwiches you have in order to not get super hungry before dinner.
The BLT originated around the same time the Club Sandwich did.
The Club Sandwich originated around 1920 in the Union Club in New York.
Dunno if they had fridges but if they can have a club dedicated to eating sandwiches I'm sure they can throw a BLT or BLT lookalike together.

>tea sandwiches
Never had the "pleasure" of sitting around with a bunch of faded lavender smelling dried up husks of brit women, pinkies extended, gossiping about the scandal of the queen's chambermaid and her navy beau.

>refrigeration in 1920
You mean a literal icebox where a block of ice provided cooling. Sorry, that won't be keeping lettuce which was harvested at the latest in May until tomatoes begin ripening in July. You're grasping, try again.

>Never had the "pleasure" of sitting around with a bunch of faded lavender smelling dried up husks of brit women, pinkies extended, gossiping about the scandal of the queen's chambermaid and her navy beau.
Your loss.

You can also live in a location with wide climate variations. Cold weather crops in the highlands at the same time as warm weather crops in the lowlands.

>BLT
A solid sandwich, really goo-
>There's mayo on it
Into the trash it goes.

so it's basically as far away from a BLT as it gets.

Iceberg and tomatoes match up where I live, Sweden. I harvest mine July through September.
I'd suspect the UK has a similar climate.

Well, that would make a strong argument for it having developed in great britain, then, because there is a relatively short distance between the scottish highlands and lowlands of england which could have resulted in reasonably transporting lettuce even in 1920 to that hellhole London.

Probably a faggot phone poster with auto correct

So both tomatoes and lettuce are growing in your backyard at the same time? I can understand the highland/lowland argument but I wouldn't be able to get tomatoes out of my garden at the same time as my lettuce. What variety of tomato?

Last year I tried a kind called "moneymaker", they were perfect by late august, and a smaller tomato called chadwick (iirc?) that were done by late july. If you've got a greenhouse you can really push it and get (somewhat unripe imo, i want them falling into my hand) tomatoes by early June.

>extra mayo just like you asked for white boy!

Laughed way harder than i should have, holy shit

I am familiar with Moneymaker but you're saying you get tomato production in July when the average daytime temp is low 70F's? Lettuce sure, but without a hot house structure for tomatoes, I'm skeptical.

>adds cheese and guac

Mmm, perfect :)

Make way for the superior sandwich.

>cooking tomato, ever, for anything

Replace the bacon with pancetta and we're good

idk man, what about like, a belt sander

> belt
> blt

wait shit

BLAT is so much fucking better.

...Anchovy?

Bacon
Lettuce
Yolk
Avocado
Tomato

funny because slav xD

*adds an egg to form a BELT*
Ah yes, now that's perfection.

I do BLTRs
BLT with red onion added, shit's cash

this nigga gets it

Stop filling up on sperm before your meal, it'll make worlds of difference when your appetite isn't spoiled by eating dicks all fucking day

OP, go fuck yourself

Mate we've had vapor cooled refrigerators since 1805. You couldn't take 2 seconds to Google "invention of refrigerator?"

so a BCOP then

>does not like reubens

literally how?

From wikipedia:

There was a 1922 model that consisted of a wooden cold box, water-cooled compressor, an ice cube tray and a 9-cubic-foot (0.25 m3) compartment, and cost $714. (A 1922 Model-T Ford cost about $450.)

Yeah, I'm sure refrigerators were widespread in 1922 when people were happy to pay almost double the price of a car for a fucking refrigerator so they could hold lettuce until tomatoes ripened, LMAO.

Oy you stupid cunts superior breaded meal comin tru i swear on me mum u wankers don't know anything about food oy god save the queen mate

if you like mayo i am going to stab you in the gut and twist the knife

im too lazy to call it anything but a blt xD

>reubens
Kike shit

I like mayo a lot and make my own mayo and aioli regular what are you gonna do about it faggot?

>adds turkey and cheese

What now, motherfucker?

It's called greenhouses.

You use greenhouses or hot boxes. Means you can grow lettuce and tomatoes all year around.

you're a legend mate

faggy meme sandwich

>lettuce against mayo

It should be mayo then tomatoes then bacon then lettuce. An unproperly stacked sandwich can ruin the flavor profile.

In addition to what the other posters said, don't underestimate both the reach and the decadence of the British Empire at that point.

America is the only country with food that isn't completely repulsive and retarded. Honestly I don't understand how you foreign cucks can actually enjoy your autistic foods.

i love mayo so much i use it as lube

They're fucking great even with turkey bacon.

It's just a perfect, simple combination of flavors that becomes amazing when combined. The evolution of it is the turkey club and fuck you if you don't like that.

That's not a BLT.
That's a LTB.

HOLY FUCK HOW RED IS YOUR FACE RIGHT NOW?

kys yourself

Why fucking call it a BLT (Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato) if you're not going to do it in the correct order?

It's like calling rice soup a risotto because you just put the fucking two together is whatever fucking order you want.

Because it's not about the order, it's called a BLT because that's where they come in the alphabet (B before L before T) and it sounds pleasing, you autist.

needs more bacon

>None a yinz put fries on your sandwich

> The Virgin lettuce
> The Chadwick tomatoe

Goes well with Chicken, Yams, Kale, Avocado sandwich