What do kids these days take for granted?

what do kids these days take for granted?

back in my day people were still allowed to smoke in restaurants so you had to deal with that bullshit

remember when drunk driving was socially acceptable?

back when the legal limit was .15 (7-8 drinks in an adult man) and you could drink while driving like a beer was a soda?

My brother used to do this with IBC root beer, because it looks like a beer bottle. He'd take a swig while passing a cop specifically to get pulled over...which happened several times.

Pretty hilarious idea actually.

haha yeah getting pulled over hilarious

I did this accidentally. I was drinking some weird ginger beer when everyone had to slow for a traffic cop. He looked at me drinking my brown bottle and I raised my bottle at him in acknowledgment. He was pissed and had me pull over.

k3kd

If you've done nothing wrong, don't have a warrant and it's a root beer...it actually is.

distracted driving ticket

They need to bring back smoking in restaurants

Do like my smoking? Then don't breathe you little pussies

Nobody issues those. Bullshit law, btw.

and you could get pulled over for drunk driving as a 17 year old and the cop would just tell you to go straight home

I would say distracted driving by definition requires a proof of state of mind, I can't see how that is in any way enforceable other than through admission of guilt by the party accused

In Washington state they can ticket you for doing literally anything but driving

this is why we liberate north korea but only after kim blows his wad all over the west coast

Ok buddy, but I got shit to do and cops can't be trusted. Whatever, pal

The internet

It's a secondary offense you ugly bint

yeah so fucking hilarious I didn't even laugh at your underaged faggot story

That happened to me and my buds but we were 16 years old driving around with beer I had bought on my 21 year old drivers license before they had pics on them. I could pass because liquor stores didn't give a shit plus I had peach fuzz on my face. At any rate, the cops took our beer, laughed and said go home you're too young to drink.

remember when companies that make snack cakes and cookies cared about making a product that tastes good and not about using "real" ingredients, and they weren't tiny because of muh serving size

You must not be white. I've never been scared of the law. I've looked cops straight in the face and had a conversation while holding enough dope to catch me an intent to sell charge, but nothing happened because there was no fear for them to smell.

Fucking MADD, I hope they all get run over by sober people.

I used to be able to smoke in pubs.

the smell of smoke hid the smell of stale beer, body-odour and urine that pubs now smell of.

Still sounds like a win

I'm fine with smoking not being allowed for most places, but I wish they'd let some pubs/bars allow smoking in them. Even if I had to sign a waiver or something to enter it.

just go outside like the white trash you are

I miss old pub smell. It's just not the same anymore. I'm not even a smoker and I miss it.

>Not wanting to enjoy good tobacco inside.

It's the taste and such. I don't feel a need to smoke, but I love having a smoke when I drink.

I'd just rather not smell gross

Not since July 23

Eating, smoking, having your phone in your hand while stopped at a red light, (not using your phone, just having it in your hand)-they can pull you over for just that and give you a 136 dollar ticket. WSP will, too. The ticket quota thing is a big deal for them

Electronic devices are primary
Smoking, eating, etc. are secondary and only applied if you got pulled over for something else

The fines aren't even in effect for a few months

My bad, I guess I just have a chip on my shoulder for getting pulled over and ticketed for no seatbelt. Not their fuckin beeswax, you know?
Fines are in effect though.

its strange though. why are cigar lounges allowed to exist but restaurants can't allow smoking in them?

its probably a specific type of license that you probably have to apply for and buy

>get pulled over for blowing a stop sign
>no seat belt
>eating a big bag of sun chips spilling on the seat next to me and an open gatorade between my knees
>get let off with a warning
>one week later
>get pulled over for speeding
>it was blatant speeding too because the cop was driving exactly the speed limit and was obviously baiting people to see who would drive past
>I took the bait
>as soon as I was half a length ahead the cop changed lanes and grabbed me
>not wearing a seat belt this time either
>get let off with a warning again

I love being white!

or maybe it's because I'm polite and don't act like a cunt to them when they walk up
HEY there! how are you today!
I think it catches them off guard that I seem happy to see them when they are walking up to fuck me

And then the cop demands to search your car, brings in a "drug-sniffing" dog that is trained to bark from a signal from his handler, and plants drugs so he can seize your vehicle. #WINNING

This. Or they ask for permission to search. When you refuse, they say OK... and proceed to keep you there, pulled over, indefinitely. Which they can do, as long as they don't arrest you.

They need a reason to arrest you. They only need "probable cause" to keep you sitting there on the side of the road

>be me, drivan in neighborhood
>stop at stopsign to turn out
>then go
>WEOOW
>cop pulls me over and says I didn't stop
>I'm pretty sure I stopped sir
>you didn't stop
>I felt like I stopped sir
>you didn't stop
>I really feel like I stopped, sir. M-maybe it was a rolling stop? but the vehicle definitely stopped moving an-
>you didn't stop. ticket
>go to shopping center distraut
>the Quizno's I wanted to go to is closed down
>go back home and cry like a bitch

WEEKS LATER

>go to traffic court. I don't expect to get out, but I already got a speeding ticket and I don't want my insurance prems to go up
>user HOW DO YOU PLEAD
>w-well, uhm, I can't prove i'm innocent, so all I can do is ask for leniency based on my record
>ARE YOU PLEADING GUILTY user?
>i...uh... yeah I guess?
>the court staff chuckle
>TICKETS WAIVED, JUST PAY THE COURT FEE. BECAUSE IT'S A MOVING VIOLATION THE POINTS CANNOT BE WAIVED HOWEVER, YOU'LL HAVE TO TAKE A DRIVING COURSE TO GET THEM KNOCKED OFF

Meanwhile that courtroom was full of dumb mofo's losing their licence or getting BTFO

See, this is why I'm glad I've escaped from the USSA.

True story:
> me be
> tearing around Taipei on my scooter
> scooter is registered to my employer's address
> we've moved the office twice since I registered it
> I haven't seen my plate renewal notice in years
> forgot to pay my insurance premiums
> never get my ticket notices, but I know I have a few racked up
> I'm not even supposed to ride it because I haven't gotten a license yet
> one night
> go out to dinner
> go through really shitty dangerous intersection
> multiple roads intersect, people drive like assholes through it
> get stopped at light every fucking time because of the way the light is timed
> always have to worry about getting run over by idiots
> light turns green
> go through intersection
> go past a cop
> get to restaurant
> realize I forgot my phone so I can't fuck around on the internet
> doggammit
> tell restaurant I'll be baaahck
> go back to my apartment
> pass cop again
> get to my apartment
> get phone
> head back to restaurant
> start to pass cop
> he waves me over
> along with some other guy on a scooter
> oh crap, I'm finally fucked
> no license, no insurance, expired plates
> cop hands the other guy a ticket
> other guy departs
> ohshitohshitohshit
> cop turns to me
> I smile and look stupid
> cop waves his hands around for ten minutes
> I am a stupid foreigner I don't even understand
> pulls out his phone and uses Google Translate
> explains more or less that scooters can't use this intersection
> wat everyone does it people are zooming past us as we talk
> cop sends me on my way
> no ticket
> I ask on leddit
> find out that scooters aren't allowed to use that intersection
> have to go through a tunnel on the other side
> the tunnel bypasses the light
> I no longer have to risk getting run over by maniacal third-worlders who are ignoring all the traffic laws at that intersection

itallwentbetterthanexpected.xlsx

very nice user

Wtf are you like a reverse me?
>it doesn't matter if it's Hong Kong, Beijing or Singapore, cops pull me over all the time and give me shit
>Move to the US
>Drive around all over the US
>Never get pulled over or as much as a second look

Me again.

TYVM!

I must be, since a week before I left, a Cook County Sheriff Deppity pig pulled me over. The cop told me he wouldn't give me a ticket if I could find my front license plate. I did. He didn't give me a ticket -- instead, he wrote one, didn't tell me, and about two years later my mom got a notice from the Cook County Sheriff that I was going to be arrested for nonpayment. She ended up sending in something like $400 so that the pigs wouldn't kill me next time I visited home.

Fuck Chicago, seriously.

>Pleading guilty
You dun goofed. You plead innocent and ask if the officer's car had a dash cam which would prove you made a full stop.

guys, this is a cooking board, not a police story board.

>back in my day

In other words, you could be as young as 9 because that didn't take effect unti 2008. Fuck off, underage.

Uh, I'm actually glad that one has changed.

>admit guilt
>get let off

What backwards state do you hail from?

I assure you that you are in fact one of those dumb mofos.
Here's how you don't get a fucking ticket.
>You failed to come to a complete stop at that last intersection
>My apologies officer, I really thought I had come to a complete stop. I'll definitely fully stop my vehicle next time.
If it's hot you apologize for making them get out in the heat, if it's raining you apologize for getting them wet.

They don't need a dashcam to still get you. A lot of cruisers actually don't have a dashcam or a radar. The interceptor I rode in yesterday had neither.

>The interceptor I rode in yesterday

What did you do?

To followup on this
Have you ever seen or heard of a situation where somebody gets pulled over and they manage to argue their way out of the ticket? When they walk up to your window, they already know whether you did or did not break the law, so arguing about it just pisses them off.
Also, a rolling stop isn't a stop. That's why it's called a rolling stop.

>They don't need a dashcam to still get you. A lot of cruisers actually don't have a dashcam or a radar. The interceptor I rode in yesterday had neither.
The point is that if it's there, it proves you innocent. If it exists and the cop doesn't show it, get the case dismissed for withholding of evidence or whatever the proper terms are. If it doesn't exist, then it's the cops word against yours and you've lost nothing but a few minutes of time.

I'm a police officer candidate. I go on ride alongs every other weekend. You should give it a shot, it's a lot of fun most times. Just call your local PD and ask about the procedure for doing a ride along. Got to do 65 in a 25 yesterday, that was cool.

Ahh, I see your point now. Ya that's always worth a shot, actually. Kind of the same as asking when their radar was last calibrated.

Do you have to be a candidate to go? I don't want to be an officer but it would be fun to see them at work. I think they're good guys. Once I was on a jury and got to find one not guilty. That was a good feeling.

For me, it's the BK Big Fish with extra tartar sauce.

Nope.
Most departments have a form you fill out so they can run a quick background check on you as well as a waiver of liability. It will usually ask when you are available to ride, as well as why you want to. You can put whatever you want there, but if you lie and say something about being interested in law enforcement as a career, your odds will be better.
Ask around among friends or family and see if they know anybody in a department. You can usually specify if you want to ride with a certain officer.

you probably have to be a certain age to legally be allowed to be in a cigar lounge. children eat at restaurants. idk about where you live but a lot of bars in my area still allow smoking inside because they are 21+

>implying I'm not a telepath
>implying I can't control dogs with my mind
>implying I wouldn't make the dog kill him and eat the "drugs" he was trying to plant

i work in a bar where people are still allowed to smoke indoors. sucks but meh, what you gunna do. at least I get to drink while working