What are these things?

What are these things?

I've been eating my weight in them in Peru and Bolivia but have no idea what they're called.

chestnuts?

No.

They look like beans but taste like nuts. They're always fried (sometimes skin off, sometimes on) and they seem to have no shelf life (if they're not fresh from some lady on the street they're inedible garbage).

looks like brazil nuts to me

Yes, those are chestnuts, you dingus.

Hey absolutely are not. They're flat and bean shaped.

Also nothing like Brazil nuts.

What's the size? Looks a bit like Portuguese tremocos

Fava beans

This, in México they're called habas but they're the same

jackfruit

Shit I think you're right. Thanks!

They're crispy broad beans, and are commonly available in the snack food section of Asian groceries. They come in salted or spicy.

They're dried & toasted fava beans. Lightly salted. I don't even like fava beans but that shit is good and only about 25c on the streets.

> What are these things?

Cocaine testicles.

Thanks for this also. Never noticed this before in Asian groceries but will keep an eye out.

kek

>I have NO idea what these are but I've been putting them into body like a madman ANYWAY

My grandma used to call Brazil nuts nigger toes.

>It's a 'flyover on a mission from the CIA to fund cocaine cartels doesn't know what fucking broad beans are' covert mission

Fuck me, ever since the CIA got exposed by that journalist they really let themselves go

Confirmed

Never travel my friend.

I normally just pick random items off the menu (particularly in Asian countries with indecipherable moon runes), and have no idea what's in it much of the time. That's how you experience new things.