Why does Veeky Forums hate Mexican food so much?

Why does Veeky Forums hate Mexican food so much?
Sure it isnt the most sophisticated or fancy cuisine in the world but its not really fair to dismiss it all as over salted trash.

They have only had strip-mall diarrhea-tier tex-mex slop. Not saying tex-mex is inherently bad, but there is A LOT of that garbage even in places where there is good mexican food.

Absolutely this.

In San Antonio you can find a great Mexican mom and pop restaurant, a shitty roach infested one, and a taco bell all on the same street.

Texmex is literally better than real mex food.
Go ahead and tell me menudo or other such shite is good

we do?

What I'm saying is that these awful restaurants are often people's first impression of "Mexican" food and that's what they carry with them forever

yeah, this is it.
Real mexican food is the shit

I hate it 'cause I eat that shit everyday, and going to some Mexican food restaurant would be like stepping into my mother's kitchen.

They just hate it because they are white and can't handle spicy food because they don't want their asshole to burn.

Oh come on, Carne asada is the best no matter what. You can't tell me there is something better than a well seasoned and marinated carne asada, and some pico de gallo.

maybe 10 years ago, but i'd say white people are familiar with spicy stuff now.

I used to think that taco bell was legitimate Mexican then I started dating this one chick whose entire family was from Sonora. Well long story short they quickly educated me on what authentic Mexican cuisine is.

Now I can't even go to Tex-Mex places, luckily though we have a large Hispanic population in Nebraska so there are quite a lot of Latino food stores where I live so if I ever need a fix I can just go down the street.

>Mexican food
>spicy
LOL, whatever you say Juan Pablo

And by familiar you mean taco bell hot sauce spicy?

i mean thai spicy

Of your Mexican food doesn't have a little heat to it you're not having real Mexican food user.

It's just northern Mexican and Americanized Mexican that's bad. It's not diverse and is pretty much tortillas (corn or flour), beans, meat, cheese, and red or green salsa at every meal. Yeah, it's good but it's annoying when everything on the menu is always the same 8 ingredients in a bunch of different ways. The rest of Mexico has more diverse ingredients and should become more popular.

Sure, but "a little heat" isn't what I'd describe as "spicy" food. Mexican food is very spiced, yes, but it is not that spicy in terms of actual heat. They simply don't use or have access to the kinds of spices many Asian (and Middle Eastern) regions use.

I don't hate Mexican cuisine, but I wouldn't say one of its hallmarks is it's spiciness.

Well I live in a very majority white town and every Thai place that has opened hasn't done well could just be a coincidence though. A lot of people in my town like extremely mild "Mexican" food too it's not bad just not very authentic.

I disagree chilies are essential to a lot of mexican dishes. They have some heat and a good amount of spice to them.

Flyover palate detected

nice boogeyman

Carne asada is the best occasionally.

>flyover /pol/tard accusing others of having boogeymen

You're the ones that accepted hook, line and sinker the trumped up boogeymen, idiot.

>/pol/tard
Oh look, another boogeyman! How precious, sweetie.

Drinks that are are not available in TexMex
1. Horchata
2. Jamaica
3. Agua de tamarindo
4. Agua de guava
5. Agua de melon
6. Tecate beer
7. Limonada natural
8. Soda de naranja
9. Soda de tamarindo
10. Soda de pina
11. Agua de pina

>Carne asada
Its just roasted meat you mong. Call it was it is. Its basic bitch roasted meat, it translates into that too.

Having a name in spanish doesnt make it magic food, fuck off. I fucking hate this shit.

The majority of that shit already exists and itsnt part of mexican food. Mexicans didnt invent lemonade. Its just a basic drink.

To have a food be part of a culture it should be some crazy shit no one has ever thought of. You cant just make "huevos fritos" and go "wow look at me so cultured I made hispanic food.

Plebbiest shit in the world and drives me up the fucking wall.

Horchata is in EVERY tex-mex restaurant you moron.

Since when are orange soda or lemonade authentic Mexican drinks?

I mean its mexico

It's literally just /pol/ memes. Ironic racism is a classic of Veeky Forums humor so it's just anons pretending to hate spics for the lols. See? I even called them spics out of habit because it's gotten to the point where most of us forgot it was even a joke.

I could run down to the grocery store and get an 18 pack of Tecate right now. I live hundreds of miles from the border, and every Tex-Mex place I've ever been to that sells alcohol has Tecate as well as Corona and Dos Equise

Diahrrea

MEXICAN DISHE I HAVE TRIED DO NOTNUSE MUCH SALT ALL CAPS

I know some mexicans and they shove their shitty food in your face and say "isn't this the best thing ever" and then get angry when you don't agree. Their excuse is always "well, mexican food much morediverse than you're used to".
If it's so diverse why is every fucking meal they give me tacos and salty meat and salad and shit?

Because Salvadoran food is superior in every way.

white people sailed across the world and conquered entire countries to get spices

San Antonio Reporting in, There's a lot more shitty mexican resturants than actually good ones.

Menudo is glorious, you just gotta let it hit you, it's like a cold shower, it ain't gonna hurt you, same with spicy stuff

Generally hate the restaurants most of all, always roach infested.
The actual food is ass, garbage sauces is all they do since their meat is bland and beaten by any other Latino country's cuisine. It's also an annoying meme food like Indian food

Tex-mex is vastly superior to actual Mexican garbage

I hate Mexicans but man they are the kings of food.

>luckily though we have a large Hispanic population in Nebraska
based Mexicans taking over