Barley know how to cook for myself

>barley know how to cook for myself
>mother makes burgers for family sometimes
>uses shitty publix meat
>uses shitty publix buns
>cheese is barley cooked
>eating her burgers is a pain in the anus because the buns are fucking tiny and the patties are huge
>litteraly tastes like cheap and tacky shit because we're poor as shit

How can I help my mom make burgers on a budget that arent shit Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-WhZvyrSeNA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

OP UPDATE: Doesn't have to necisarilly be on a budget, just reasonably priced

Some fucking seasoning Op, preferably McCormick seasoning

>hating your mother's cooking

Shut the fuck up, everyone's mother is the best cook in the world and nothing beats it. To answer your question user, good quality seasoning will elevate cheap food to amazing levels everytime.

Also I want you to tell your mom that you love her sometime today.

Buy better buns. My mom does this same shit. Seriously, cheap buns are $1.50, good buns are like $3. $1.50 for a completely different experience. Fuck, why don't people understand things like this

Holy shit calm down dude.

She's a great fucking cook & I love her to death but burgers are her weakness

To be more specific the McCormick burger seasoning, that seasoning is god tier level shit

Op is your mom Kate ?
youtube.com/watch?v=-WhZvyrSeNA

I'm memeing bro, of course I don't think you hate your mom I'm just trying time funny which clearly didn't work.

But still though make sure you tell your mom you love her today.

Mix onion salt and pepper with the beef lol

Is this a meme ?
Poor but buys meat at a publix lol no

leave your answers in the comments below

What in the hell does barley have to do with anything in your story?

Why not suggest other things? Spaghetti? Stew? Chicken with frozen veggies?

this and dale's sauce, before you cook the meat

I'm making Publix meat burgers today

I use a bit of Marmite in mine, salt, pepper, paprika, and season the outside with salt an pepper

I use some of the Publix bakery buns, they're cheap and nice, and have a lot more structure than shitty buns from the bread isle

Calm down autismo. I know fair well that my mom cooked pretty shitty meals for my brother and me when we were kids and she acknowledges it.

When she cooks nice stuff nowadays or tries new stuff, she is also interested in my honest opinion.

Barley has barely anything to do with the story. Don't know what OP's obsession with it is.

Man fuck you you entitled little 1st World white privilege greasy little ameritard spoiled brat cunt

>cheese is barley cooked
Why would you even call that cheese?

>barley

Rye cooked cheese is way better than barley cooked cheese.

Because OP needs beer to survive his daily life.

publix has some of the better grocery store meat in my area. certainly not bad enough to make a thread about.

Do you like well done or med rare burgers? Well done: 80% lean meat, make patties thin. Med rare, use really lean meat, like 93%, make patties at least 6 oz, make them thick with a thinner spot in the center so you get a nice flat shape). Season with salt and pepper (kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper if you can). Cook on a very hot grill. Use a nice roll, like an onion roll, or like the big white buns they sell in the fresh bread section in the supermarket bakeries. Split the rolls, butter them, and then sear them in the pan you cooked the meat in. Add whatever toppings you want, but you won't need them. Goddamn, burgers are so fucking good. I want one right now.

Stop being an ungrateful little shit and tell your mom you love her horrible burgers because you know she took time out of her day to make something for you

No, she doesn't have to do that. You fucking millennials need to learn some respect

Pic related

>shitty publix meat

Meat is meat, there are 6 slaugher house companies in the entire USA, regular ground beef at whole foods is the same motherfucking meat that you buy at publix,
>litteraly tastes like cheap and tacky shit because we're poor as shit
what an ungrateful little bastard you are, if you're so god damn better at cooking why don't you make them yourself OP or learn to cook and show momma her son isn't a total fuck up and can actually make a meal for his mother.

Very simply, take your meat into balls and weigh them, make sure they got all near the same weight, aim for a two or three ounce patty.

Make sure that pan is fucking hot enough to sear but not so hot that it will burn, keep a control on the god damn temperature

Use a grease of some kind, any kind, lard is better, canola is worse. But something is better than nothing, the grease from the meat will only carry you so far on a clean pan.

Have all your shit cut and prepared in advance, this will help you more than anything, your focus should be on keeping your meat from burning or being raw in the middle.

Get your meat out of the fridge before cooking, bring it close to room temperature, don't wait till the last fucking minute to get the meat out of the freezer, don't "thaw" your meat in the fucking microwave, pull that shit out of the freezer a day or two before, put it in the fridge, get it out of the fridge hours before hand.

Toast your buns, dont destroy them, you can make bad buns taste great if you toast them, use gentle heat on a teflon frying pan if your toaster is to small, microwave doesn't count as toasting.

Salt the meat, now salt it again because I know you didn't put enough, don't pepper it until you're ready to pull it out.

Don't add your cheese on the meat on the fucking pan like the average american animal, put your patty on your bun build and then add the motherfucking cheese.

Ain't that mostly salt

This

Tell her you want her pussy

I make a good living but both my parents are dead. I sometimes wish I was young and poor again because mom's shanty cooking was awesome

man, people literally think that america is the most idiotic country.

>I use some of the Publix bakery buns, they're cheap and nice, and have a lot more structure than shitty buns from the bread isle

Fucking this. Publix kaiser rolls are awesome. OP, stop being a faggot and be nice to your mother.

I was spoiled with parents who can make a great burger.

What you need to do is get some meat with a decent fat content, and put it in a large container with a 2:1:1 ratio of soy sauce, fish sauce, and teriyaki as a marinade. It may look funny, but I promise that it tastes awesome.

Mix in some minced garlic, and grill to medium well. I like to add swiss cheese to mine because there's something wrong with my soul.

All of this advice here is also correct!