Is it acceptable as a last resort to use the bathtub for a huge batch of soup...

Is it acceptable as a last resort to use the bathtub for a huge batch of soup? My family got chosen to serve some homeless people along with a few other families (my wife works and her company selected her). We got the soup detail by drawing the number. It needs to be 40 gallons they said. SO.... what if I simply clean out the tub very well. Scrub it, sanitize it, wash it with lots of clean water... Then just make the soup.

Honestly how is that any "nastier" than restaurants that use the same old silverware day in day out? I feel like if anything feet are less contagious than mouths. Is this unethical?

Thanks Veeky Forums. I am sure some of you can give it to me straight.

Pic is the closest thing I could find.

how do you plan on heating the bathtub?

Look, I'm sure that if you sanitized it completely and that you washed it to where it's near perfect it MIGHT be ok. However there is still no guarantee, there is still the possibility of dead skin, hair, urine, fecal matter, etc. Still in the tub.

Also what happens if it gets out that you literally made soup in your bath tub, do you think anyone would trust your family ever again?

Man up, buy a commercial grade stock pot and start making batches user.

im not going to heat it, just throw the stuff in and let the water saturate the meats and veggies over time...

How much would one of those cost do you figure? Its best to err on the side of least controversy, obviously. You got any idea?

You have two options, soup laced with human skin, dirt, hair, grime, fecal matter, or soup laced with bleach. And the soup will be cold.

A ten gallon stock pot is like forty bucks.

You are right. I hate the fact that it will cost me hundreds of dollars to do the right way. Between us, I don't care if dead skin and fecal matter got in their food. They're homeless and they're being fed for free. You can't be picky when you rely on the generosity of others. It's not like it would literally kill them either. So I am so hesitant to spend hundreds of dollars on top of the labor and shopping involved.

Oh yeah? Heck man thats music to my ears!

how does her work force her to make 40 gallons of soup?

they can't fire her for that

That is almost as disgusting as when my parents use the fucking kitchen sink to prepare thanksgiving stuffing.

Community service. It's really popular with large corporations these days. Good public relations as well as probably some tax write offs down the line. I have to assume there's no genuine benevolent sentiments involved, just bottom-line stuff.

Do they clean the sink first ? If so, news flash -- ITS CLEAN.

It still stinks like rotting food, so no, it's not.

hes going to tear up the floor and start a fire under the tub. obviously

Is this being held out of a shelter or is your wife's company just rounding up homeless into her work's lobby to feed them?

It's going to be at a public park. Fliers were put up at local shelters and around downtown.

That's disgusting then. Did you ever ask them why they do this?

>Between us, I don't care if dead skin and fecal matter got in their food. They're homeless and they're being fed for free.

user, you're doing things halfway and you should feel bad. If you don't actually care about the homeless enough to consider them as if they were your own, try not to help them. You'll only make the other benefactors look bad.

I'm just googling stuff, so take it with a grain of salt, but I think this would suit?
ebay.com/itm/40-Qt-Tamale-Steamer-Vaporera-Stock-Pot-Premium-Aluminum-Tamalera-10-Gallons-BIG-

True words there. Unfortunately I'm stuck by my wife's side for this event. I will do my best to be quiet and operate strictly as a server of soup with as little interaction as possible.

There are some very good prices at that page. Thx user!

All right people, I appreciate your comments and solutions. That's it for me in this thread. Good night.

>just let the water saturate the meats and veggies over time
>no heat

Are you retarded?

40 gallons is not one person's worth of work

uhhhh wat? no no, just make soup 5 gallons at a time

Do Americans really bring 40 gallons of soup to work or they get fired?

>this guy never heard about marinating

Yes. You have to bring at least 30 gallons of soup to work every year or you get deleted from zuckerbergs.

Why even bother cleaning the tub. If it's for homeless people, what difference does it make? If they get sick and die, good riddance. Less niggers and beggars on the streets.

I knew a homeless dude who was a military veteran with PTSD and his family stole his social security checks.

>believing crazy homeless people
Kek

>it's easier for me to believe all homeless people deserve their situation because then that means i don't have to do anything about it
weak

>marinating is making soup

Make them a huge batch of chocolate pudding in your toilet

This. That's the entire crux of it and the other social ills generated by late stage capitalism. Cast aside those ground beneath the wheel even if they are like your case where they sacrificed their sanity and well being to defend it.

I don't blame you one bit. Why should you have to spend the money you spent WORKING for just so some homeless can get food. If they were so hungry they would fucking work for it.

Top kek.

Get a 40 gallon steel drum and put it over a fire filled with soup and just stir it with a mop and let the homeless drink the soup out of the mop.

>few hundred homeless get fecal matter related infections and diseases
>couple die because homeless
>"huh what did they all have in common?"

alright fellas, lets take some bets on prison sentence length. we need some details op, how many will you be feeding and where do you roughly live so we can watch the news for "man who poisoned hundreds and killed 4 with poop soup given xx years"

he could drop a toaster in there for a couple hours

One time, I saw a picture of a dude who died in the bathtub, and he had this plug-in bathtub heater device, and it basically made soup out of him. So maybe you could get one of those heaters?

feed them pesticide

FPBP. What weird ass fetish is the OP living out in his head?

Dawg just buy a 160qt stock pot. Theyre on the pricier side, but literally exactly what you're looking for.

I hope you are not having to pay for this because 40 gallons of soup no matter how you approach it is not going to be cheap. Not only because of the ingredients, but also your heating bill will see a spike.

Do they really understand how much 40 gallons is? A typical rubbermaid beverage cooker holds 5 gallons. They expect you to make 8 of these? In one day? That's bullshit.

They do make 10 gallon versions but those are 60 bucks each.

Immersion heater would do the job just fine.

Is it legal to do that

40 gallons of soup is something you'd expect a fully kitted out field kitchen in the army with a squad of soldiers and access to commercial grade equipment to cook, not some unlucky employee.

I'd buy 40gallons worth of the most cheapest tinned soup you can find OR buy one large pot then prep ingredients for constant soup cooking so you can produce and serve 40 gallons in a certain timeframe on demand but not at once.

my sides in orbit m7

Just get warm water and keep refilling it with some chicken buillon in it.

Just tell them to fuck off. If they company wants 40 gallons of soup so badly they can make it themselves on their own budget. They literally can't force you to do it, let alone out of your own pocket.

It's not like you have the resources to make that much soup anyway, let alone store it or transport it.

Remember to portion it up and cool the portions down in an ice bath OP. Don't leave it sitting around hot for hours.

Presumably the company is providing expenses as a charitable thing.

While there are certainly many people who have been given a raw deal in life and fell on hard times, most Western, capitalist societies, including the US, have enough social safety nets and programs that one would literally have to be mentally ill to be "forced" to live out on the street, which is exactly why most homeless people are mentally ill.

That's more than I can say for the breadlines, mass starvations, and firing squads of communist utopia.

ITT: OP is an ass to the homeless

>late stage capitalism

>there is still the possibility of dead skin, hair, urine, fecal matter, etc. Still in the tub
>fecal matter, etc. Still in the tub
that's not how you are supposed to use your tub user

>he doesn't waffle stomp
it's just a more efficient way of pooping.

I hope Cory's doing alright.

Regardless of where you prepare it, I never understood why people think soup is a good idea for hungry homeless people haha. Especially the watery broth type. That's all you need when you don't know when your next meal will be.

it's easy to make in large quantities.
If you have the right pots that is, unlike OP.

can't you just buy em lil ceasers, I'm sure it's cheaper and it'll taste better for their standards

Not him but sometimes I shit while showering and stomp it down the drain. I think it's fairly common.

40 gallons of tinned soup is going to be astronomical in price. Even using cheapo walmart great value soup (9 cent/fluid oz) that comes out to 460 $. There is no way to make that much soup cheap. I would tell my employer to get fucked.

Yeah a curry with a shit load of rice is cheap and filling.

i wonder what does the etc. refer to

Lmao

Do Americans really do this?

soap scum, mold, and semen

kek

what the fuck guys, thats not common

Post your wife's tits and I will post detailed instructions on how to cook soup in a bathtub. Tits must be time stamped.

If you clean and sanitize the tub I see no problem with it. These imbeciles saying you can't cook in a bathtub will die in the coming global warming/nuclear/asteroid holocaust because they haven't learned the simple hunter-gatherer technique of heating rocks in a fire and placing in the container holding the soup/stew. It will be boiling in seconds after dropping them in. You might have to add more hot rocks every hour, but you'll make a fine soup to feed those poor sots most of whom were destroyed and lost their sanity defending late stage capitalism in neverending wars required to prop up the top 5% at the expense of the 95%. Sad really, I wish you luck.

At least in communism you get a bread line, in the United States the bread just goes into the dumpster because it's worse to not make a profit on something than it is to have people go hungry.

>LCs
>good

pick none

How's freshman year of college treating you?

How's living in a box on the streets treating you?

Wouldn't know. I live in a 1st world, Capitalist country.

I fucking swear to god I want you /pol/ weenies off this board already.

we need to fix this and our thinking.

if this are concrete foundations in our society, then i'm afraid it must come down

Which one?

Starting to think you're actually retarded.

It for homeless people so who gives a fuck. Piss and spit in it too you faggot.

>make one gallon of super concentrated soup in a normal pot
>get 40 one gallon jugs
>fill jugs up most of the way with water
>add a bit of your starter soup to each
>????
>Profit

>Not just buying 40 bouillon cubes and throwing them into 40 1-gallon containers

oh god I remember that

hell OP use one of the homeless for the stock!

why is this board so much fun?

>turn up with 40 gallons of raw food thats been floating in water for a day or two.
>none of it is eaten because its raw wet food
>Go's home with 40 gallons of uncooked veggie water and puts it back in the shame tub.

I know its not real, but Santa, I wish it was.

This is the soup you will be making.

Regardless of their other hobbies everyone eats, so retards from every board can come here and shitpost about 'go 'za and whatever else that's food related. Just yesterday i read about the guy who was so poor he sucked at pistachio shells to remember the taste and I started laughing like a mongoloid.

In my experience the board isn't prone to delve into politics aswell, which goes a long way to make any board better

>In my experience the board isn't prone to delve into politics aswell, which goes a long way to make any board better
it has been getting worse in the past 6 months

I'd tell my boss to get fucked if they tried to guilt me into bringing in 40 gallons of soup, especially if I had to pay for it out of my own pocket.

What kind of retard agrees to this?

I want to see how this turns out.

Fucking kek. If word gets out that you used your bath tub to make a comically large batch of room temperature soup for a horde of homeless people you'll never live it down. I can see you with a novelty sized spoon mixing together a yellow sludge with both hands. Thanks for laff

Because it is worse

Any updates to your situation? Your wife just needs to say to the people in charge "it's just not fesible for me and my family to prepare and transport 40 gallons of hot soup" and then just make a shit ton of sandwiches.

Remember that French Canadian YouTube user who put food and cooking supplies on his toilet and in his bathtub?

>marinating is done with water

>shame tub
sides in orbit

Just order a drum from U-Line.

t. sociopath

user is obviously LARPing because nothing like this would exist in north america

this is a retarded ass preposterous idea and no workplace could ever force an employee to make 40 gallons of soup for a food shelter

fuck you user and everyone replying to your LARP fantasy

How much would it even cost to do this? If you put something like a pound of onion, carrot, a few other vegetables and stock in for each gallon for example. $300-$500?

This guy is right. Except you should use larger recipient, maybe 10 5-gallons pots.

Load up your concentrated soup with bouillon cubes and a shitload of herbs. Maybe 2 gallons of it.

Cook a ton of noodles on the side to add some consistency to it all. Maybe some cut up carrots and potatoes as well as it 's easy to cook in large amounts, while giving it some weight.

Load with pepper and salt at the end to give it flavor.

And boom, you're the hobo saviour.