Today's hot industry jobs

*NOW HIRING* food truck help
>must have 4 years knifework
>please submit portfolio of your knifework
>prefer post-secondary education
>5 professional references
>no visible tattoos
>you love people and helping the customer!
>you SMILE constantly
>you are happy to drop your tasks to assist a customer for any reason (ANY reason) while remembering your production is measured on our proprietary quantifying system
>in person interviews
>business attire preferred
>bilingual preferred
>excited to grow with the company and make a career with us

Please submit a drawing (no words!) indicating your passion for food trucking! (Yes, this counts toward your overall candidate score, so take it seriously)

ever been to a shitty food van? your complaining why cant there be more

I don't get food from food trucks.

My mom always told me don't talk to strange people in cars offering you things.

Meanwhile in reality.

>Don't give customers food poisoning.
>Know what part of the knife goes in the not you parts.
>Must have knowledge of cooking surfaces (Hot, AND cold.)
>Hipster mustache.

I dont either. Definitely do not trust their quality control.

You nailed it man. The 'stache is unofficially mandatory. But seriously, are you prepared to color real nice to get a job in a food truck? That's the standard atm.

>no visible tattoos
im ok with this, but your faggy attitude makes it quite apparent that you're someone who thinks tattoos are neat

>portfolio of your knifework
So... a bunch of photos of me holding a knife and doing knifey things?

I have never and will never consume food made in a truck. The most fucking disgusting thing I can think of. Its quite clear they do not have all the necessary amenities to prepare food hygienically or with any sort of thought other than making sure its not raw or burned.

For some reason, every early 20's bozo believes its god's gift. The king of shitheap vomit-inducing roadside portapotty stove trucks, is the fish taco.

Guy in your pic is doing pretty well with his organic meme foods. A+, would call health inspector to close his diarrhea "business", in a heartbeat.

thats knife posing. knifework clearly means what youve made with knifes. post a portfolio of successful murders and such

Ironically I only go to the literal dives of food trucks, the kind that the people probably live in and the cooler is literally an ice chest full of Mexican soda.

Man, no wonder why food trucks always get rave reviews, you complain the cook will just fucking murder you to level his skill.

I agree 100% with you. No clue why anyone eats at them.

>Get fired from call center.
>Fuck that job anyway. I'm going to learn to cook while I'm unemployed.
>Get pretty good at it.
>Decide I could go to college and make a career of it. It wouldn't even be hard.
>Get FAFSA shit together.
>Apply to various restaurants.
>Get some interviews.
>"Hmm, 8 years in a different industry, eh? We'll...'call you back later'."
>Stay unemployed for over a year.
>End up becoming a bill collector.
Well, better to reign in hell than serve in heaven.

It means trained to the industry standards of cutting food items. Self-taught not welcome.

that's a bit dramatic. did a hipster murder your family?

They have a completely unrealistic set of criteria to be met. As if most jobs in the restaurant industry cant be learned in one shift.

Hows your cashflow as a bill collector?

Substantially better.

Hey, sometimes things work out better than expected. Who'd have thought?

So, downgrade from being a chef in a legit restaurant?
Just so I can work in the hipstermobile?

Thats the deal. Also starting pay is 9.00/hour, up to 9.50/hr dependent upon experience. You could qualify for the higher pay rate with chef background.

>>no visible tattoos
You mean
>at least 3 visible tattoos

The modern food truck is not for the laborer, nor is it for the cheap and placated. It's purpose is to cater those who wish for novelty, for a high visual stimulant from which they can defer their money towards seeking. The quality or the portion of the food served from this receptacle does not matter, the truck's patron uses it as an accessory for himself, with which they hope to punctuate the identity the patron has built himself from: the American Yuppie.

Including one of a mustache on the inside of your finger.

>no visible tattoos
?

Literally every "person" I've seen working in a food truck has faggot tattoos up and down their sickly vegan arms.

Honest question, if you have to shit or piss while working in one of these things, what the fuck are you supposed to do?

Is "holding it" on the job description?

all tucks have a shit bucket sitting in the corner

I dig what you are typing bro. You elucidate the very essence of foodtruckery.

It's an employer's market here buddy. They are getting people who have MS and MA degrees, climbing all over eachother for a shot at 9 bucks an hour to pay off that student debt.

That's a really good question. I know the odds of a porta-potty being within range are slim. To add insult to injury, I bet they have to buy something at a neighboring business to use the facilities.

>bilingual
>preferred
i wont be able to run a food truck at this rate

Half the city-sponsored propaganda posters inside each city bus are in Spanish where I live. It's the wave of the future.

I sure hope that MA in women's studies helps them out.

In california you will be hard pressed to find anyone who doesn't know spanish, even people who don't look the part.

I make $10 an hour selling treestands and deer corn to braindead rednecks, and I've never hunted a damn thing in my entire life.

Life is like a box of chocolates, is it not?

>Its quite clear they do not have all the necessary amenities blah blah stupid boomer nonsense

you sound like a jaded boomer that got burned by a roach coach. Food trucks have evolved, grandpa. They have refrigeration, full stoves, ovens, and even running water.

The future is now, old man.

They only say that because you show up with no references other than your 'friend' with a pre-prepared spiel, wearing sweatpants and a stained T-shirt, mumbling into the table and asked for an interview over instant messaging rather than in person.

Or because they don't want to deal with obese neckbeards who shamble up to the truck, loiter until all their customers have left, and then mumble 'job' and 'want' until pressed about it, then explain 'mommy says I need job, give job', and try to open the staff door on the truck.

>''gastro''
>organic
>avocado

Meanwhile in reality people have been preparing and cooking food hygenically in vans for as long as there have been vans.

>eating from a van like some sort of tramp
No thanks cucks

Haha, said "cuck." I have a feeling that meme is gonna be on the rise this year for sure, just as an insult for basically anything you don't like.

Really funny, man.

The only thing that could get me to eat from a food truck would be if it had slutty topless thots with big tits behind the counter and if everything on the menu was a sexual innuendo

15 year military vet and worked running excavators for years- decided to do something I loved and got into a small place first and am now a sous chef 2 years later with no xp besides being an avid home cook. you can totally get in to the industry user. even if you have to start in the dish pit- some of my line cooks started there. just have a damn good work ethic and dont buckle under pressure and you're in

easy zizek

t. Some entitled white prick

do you not a live in an area that has health inspections and visible letter grades?

t.

Your place of work gets a nice tax break for hiring you, so your situation is different than most.

>5 professional references
AKA getting fired for showing up drunk or high at work more than 5 times.

>Organic peach, plum & Thai basil nectar.

This is the single most hipster thing i haver ever seen.