Do americans really do this?

Do americans really do this?

youtube.com/watch?v=09smBNps4EM

Other urls found in this thread:

food52.com/blog/13936-the-late-night-in-puglia-that-gave-us-martha-stewart-s-one-pan-pasta-7-new-ones
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is this eatable?

Looks easy enough

Why, are you jealous?

>Looks easy enough
O say can you see...

>eatable
The word you're looking for is edible
And it would come out to be some bland, watery mess

Not that i know of, no.

What's wrong with it? The pasta would be cooked, veggies would get cooked and add flavor to the water for the pasta and you save at least one pot by putting it all in one. How is it any different from making hard boiled eggs in the same pot you make ramen in?

>mfw a europoor was obsessed near me

>12 oz pasta
>Feeds family of 3

Sounds about right for Amerifats

I would saute the onion and garlic and add it at the end, personally. Boiled alliums never sound good to me.

a 4oz (uncooked) serving of pasta even with a very generous 'drizzle' of oil is only going to be 600cal at most. Are you an oompa loomp?

He's baiting. 100g is standard in most of Europe too if the pasta is the main dish. In case it's followed by another course (usually meat) it's closer to 50g

>100g
Who /150g/ here?

You, fatty.

What I usually have for dinner is just a bunch of shit in a small pan, cooked inside a pressure cooker.

it's pretty good and fast to make
I occasionally make some sorta one pot dishes cause they are so simple and fast

imagine what it's like to have a foreign country occupy your thoughts 24/7

Not if you know how to cook.

youre just jealous

>Start thread with image
>Image is talked about
>Reply with "Not if you know how to cook." instead of just shit talking the flaws of t he recipe

100g? I use 75g and that's plenty, 100g is quite a big amount. I'm also not some small eater, I eat a lot cause I'm a big guy.

food52.com/blog/13936-the-late-night-in-puglia-that-gave-us-martha-stewart-s-one-pan-pasta-7-new-ones

do Italians really do this?

>t. never tried it

I've cooked it and while it isn't my preferred method, it's quick, easy, and saves on washing up. It's not watery because the water reduces and becomes a starchy, tomatoey sauce. Especially with the onions.

>he just doesn't stop adding things!

>not hamburger
>not pizza
>not hotdog
>involves unprocessed ingredients
Of course Americans don't do this, you dip.

Jesus Harrison titty fucking Christ motherfucker. Just because you think it's nasty and disgusting doesn't mean it is nasty and disgusting for everyone.

If you know how to cook you can adjust even the shittiest of recipes, watered mess? Either boil the water off and add oil, or add a roux and thicken it into a god damn sauce.

I notice you did not at all address the blandness.

salt, pepper, garlic, onions, basil, cherry tomatoes. how would that be bland? are you looking for more HFCS? pour some A1 sauce in there or whatever it is you're looking for.

Unless it's come way into fashion and I just didn't notice that's not exactly a typical way for Americans to prepare pasta. I can't see anything particularly wrong with it though.

For reference: a typical working/middle class American way of preparing pasta would be boiling spaghetti in one pot, and in another pan browning onions and ground beef, which will then be mixed with canned or jarred tomato sauce and tossed with the pasta.

I'm a very thin lanklet actually.

I made this mistake if falling for a "one pot" pasta recipe like that. Looked and sounded good, but came out horrible.
Pasta is way too starchy and should always be cooked separately.

Reporting

this kind of tecnique would probably work for a different pasta but boiling everything together cant work for everything, garling, onions and tomatoes need some panfrying together to release a good flavour
cant say if edible or not, it's probably a good starting point for someone absolutly clueless on how to cook

>not 200g
Pleb
>inb4 fatty
190lbs 6'

>skinnyfat reporting in

I 150-200 and im a skelly. HOW DO PEOPLE GAIN WEIGHT

Because you eat far less than you think you do.
200g of pasta has 260 calories.

>HOW DO PEOPLE GAIN WEIGHT
Being american.

it works pretty well honestly, garlic cooks enough in just boiling water to get rid of the worst acidity, same with onions, and tomatoes honestly don't need that much cooking, they are amazing just fresh if they are nicely ripe
it's not amazing recipe but it's fast and easy to make, there are plenty of better one pot recipes out there as well
in general rice works better for these kinda things as selecting the right rice it won't release as much starch and letting the ingredients simmer bit longer usually means better dish

I imagine someone somewhere in america has done this. Ive seen some crazy shit but Ive never seen that.

We had a thread debating about the instant ramen style instant pasta about two months ago and my verdict stays the same. You don't want to marinate your pasta with sauce and you don't want the sauce to overwhelm the taste of pasta itself.

I want to see the finished meal.