Is durian the ultimate pleb filter?

Is durian the ultimate pleb filter?

idk Mario Batali hates it

I find it ok, my mother also hates it though and she is a perfect person so it must be bad

Not really worthwhile in my opinion. If you can even find a decent one that's not overripe in the States, lug the heavy spiky thing home, and are skilled at disassembling these motherfuckers, then sure, I guess it's an 'ok' experience, but it's too much trouble for something I don't even like all that much. If I'm gonna carry heavy ass fruit home with me from the store it be a watermelon over a durian any day of the week,

It's not, it's just basically sweet, nothing to sophiscated about it.

tastes like vanilla custard to me

No skill needed. Just find a seam and pull.

but how else are you gonna get sweet ass durian shoulderpads and kneecaps for your druid society meetups

Don't tell you wouldn't rather have a watermelon helmet

I mean it could function well as a cooling helmet but in the heat of autistic roleplay thorny armor would deter your enemies.

Durian is the ultimate good weapon

>does a fruit determine social class?
Retard.

I large subset of lower class Americans don't eat fruit regularly.

If you eat a lot of different fresh vegetables are fruits even needed?
>Loaded with sugars
>Low in fiber
>No protein
>Can't even cure pancreatic cancer

i feel like this has to be one of those foods where people have different genes, so it tastes different. it tasted like maui onion bbq chips to me, and like, corn nuts i guess. no vanilla notes at all. barely sweet.

I'm kind of between you two. To me it smells like rotten onion, but tastes like citrus and vanilla pudding. But the rotten onion thing lingers after. Definitely not for everyone.

>first time someone has used an image i made

There's a huge variety of durians and they can have wildly different flavour profiles ranging from sweet to bitter and even mildly alcoholic.

Good durian is fizzy and tangy and you won't find it in the states
It's like buying out of season gas ripened tomatoes and complaining that they're flavorless

yeah i didnt even think it smelled rotten or like garbage? it kinda just smelled like grilled onions and worcestershire. i didnt mind the flavor but it didnt match the texture at all. i'd be willing to try it again if someone had a custardy sweet one though.

Durian is gourmand

wiki says only one is distributed overseas.

>tastes like vanilla custard to me
vanilla custard eaten while in a military latrine

look the durian

I was up for trying one until I had a piece of durian candy from Malaysia.
Yea durians can fuck right off actually

Food has always set social classes apart.

>t. someone who has rented a pineapple

it doesn't even smell that bad to me

Durian's alright, but durian candy can fuck right off.

not for the last 40 yrs

fruits are almost meme tier honestly