Vegan With Cancer: Chronicles Pt 4

So I've been chronicling my stage 2 Colon cancer experience here on Veeky Forums cause nobody else cares.

I just spent the weekend constipated and unable to move or shit due to morphine. Life is a living hell. I really wish somebody told me about Colon cancer and vegan diets.

> Long term vegetarian diet changes human DNA raising risk of cancer and heart disease

Long term vegetarianism can lead to genetic mutations which raise the risk of heart disease and cancer, scientists have found.

Populations who have had a primarily vegetarian diet for generations were found to be far more likely to carry DNA which makes them susceptible to inflammation.

Scientists in the US believe that the mutation occured to make it easier for vegetarians to absorb essential fatty acids from plants.

But it has the knock-on effect of boosting the production of arachidonic acid, which is linked to inflammatory disease and cancer. When coupled with a diet high in vegetable oils - such as sunflower oil - the mutated gene quickly turns fatty acids into dangerous arachidonic acid.

The finding may help explain previous research which found vegetarian populations are nearly 40 per cent more likely to suffer colorectal cancer than meat eaters, a finding that has puzzled doctors because eating red meat is known to raise the risk.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4420687/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Since I eat eat meat should I care about this post?

>since nobody else cares
>implying we care

Thanks user. The world is harsh... nobody loves vegans. :`(

Nope which is exactly why you should kill yourself :)

only after you kill yourself on a live stream first

And once again, the Lord vindicates my hatred for veganism. Enjoy your ass cancer, you fucking vegan faggot

I was born vegan. Been vegan for 32 years. It's like being born Muslim. It becomes who you are.

And not all of us are rabid vegan evangelicals... though my parents definitely were.

You know the WORST thing about morphine?

The worst part is the Rabbit poops and massive cramps.

Does making up things for attention on the internet make you feel good?

I hope you die soon you cunt

>40% of vegas get anal cancer
Could be the fact that half of you are sodomites

I know this is flame bait, but the funny part of that article states that people who eat balanced diets actually live longer and have lower chances of colon cancer.

I've lived my entire life not eating certain foods known to be delicious simply based on the idea that I'd live longer... that was all a lie...

No shit nigger
More life=/=Good life

The study you cite says that:

>“The mutation appeared in the human genome long ago, and has been passed down through the human family.”

So it's not like your dumb ass developed the mutation spontaneously. You were going to get cancer regardless of what you did, alas.

If you were dumb enough to keep on being a vegan after you left your parent's house you deserve it

Like most SF vegans, I live at home with them. Good luck trying to be a waiter and afford a home in this area... not to mention $20k for chemo...

>32 years old
>Still living with parents
Lmao pleb

I always find it chilling how many self-proclaimed rational people use some substitute for religion in their lives, be it veganism, new age shit or somrthing else entirely

>Lmao pleb

Fuck you kid. You probably couldn't even afford a room in SF, much less a home.

Which is why I don't live in that new age hippie shithole

lol do your parents know you blame veganism for your cancer?

Are you eating some form of animal protien now OP? Id recommend some form of small oily fish. Sneak it into food however you can. Avoid anything smoked tho. Of course thats only if its ok with your treatment plan. I dont know much about cancer, only preventing it.

Try going on keto. Probably doesn't work, but at least you'll get to enjoy tons of meat and cheese.

Now we know why Jobs died.

What if I have the sense to not eat extracted oil, eating only whole/unrefined foods and keeping my polyunsaturated fat ratios on fleek?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4420687/
>Vegetarian diets are associated with an overall lower incidence of colorectal cancers. Pescovegetarians in particular have a much lower risk compared with nonvegetarians. If such associations are causal, they may be important for primary prevention of colorectal cancers.

really jogs the noggin.

The study he talks about only refers to populations that have been primarily vegetarians for hundreds of years (e.g. certain parts of India) and developed the mutation as a result of that. I suppose someone could spontaneously develop the mutation, but it I think chances are very slim.

>I suppose someone could spontaneously develop the mutation, but it I think chances are very slim.
It's impossible to alter the DNA of every cell in your body. These mutations would be relevant as an evolutionary process. Maybe over thousands of years, in some vegetarian population, those who had this mutation were better able to reproduce and pass on that mutation.

It's not going to happen accidentally to some idiot in America whose entire family tree were omnivores unless he somehow obtains nanobots to alter his DNA so he gets colorectal cancer. If OP does have this mutation, it's pure chance and has nothing to do with his diet because he had it when he was born and would have had the same risk for cancer regardless of diet.