Is coke & peanuts a real thing or is it merely a meme?

Is coke & peanuts a real thing or is it merely a meme?

I've seen people do this when I lived in Mississippi. Definitely a real thing.

Have you done it? Perhaps those people weren't very bright and had been memed.

I have not done it. I don't drink soda.

Do Americans really do this?

>I don't drink soda.
Good on you, me neither. I wish I knew about this when I did. Stuff hurts my teeth and makes my mouth feel funny

Yes, as I already said, some do.
Soda is just terrible for you. I don't see how people can drink buckets of it and not expect something bad to come of it.

You mean pop

I was lead to believe it was a German thing

Since I was a kid, I have known people who empty a small bag of peanuts into a bottle of coca cola. I have done it before, too, I just didn't think it was that special.

Try it for yourself if you're interested. It's just fucking nuts and coke.

Sure. You use your regional dialect, I'll use mine.

It's a thing. People did it all the time in the South back in the day. It's less common now, but you still see people doing it. I've had it plenty of times before, frankly it's delicious. Not sure why it isn't very popular anymore. It's a god-tier gas station snack. I cut down on my soda intake a lot though so I do it far less often now than when I did it as a kid.

>It's just fucking nuts
it can't be that crazy, it's only peanuts and coke

Does anything actually happen besides just adding salt?

What happened did his glass break?

This must be the cracker version of skittles and arizona tea.

It makes chlorine gas.

The peanuts soak up a bit of the cola taste.

You do it for peanuts dummy not the coke

I've only ever seen people from the south (mainly Atlanta) doing this. Nobody here up north does this.

I've added jolly ranchers to my glass of water before its pretty good

>buying salted nuts
please dont

I tried this once years ago. It's ok. But I think I'd rather eat them separately then get the drink full of peanut bits.

>He hasn't put peanutbutter in his coke
How do you wake up in the morning?

I may have gotten memed into doing it, because the oldtimers who are all nostalgic about it don't do it anymore. Apparently it only works well with soda that uses real sugar. Also I used dry roasted unsalted peanuts, because I thought they would absorb the cola better. Was okay but nothing to write home about. I really tried to enjoy it. Also I would recommend doing this in a glass or bowl to more easily retrieve the nuts.

>cracker version
>literal nigger doing it in the op
You always gotta steal other peoples culture

But putting peanuts in your coke doesn't get you shot by the neighborhood watch

Right on the money about the cola and nuts. You want Mexican Coke and lightly salted peanuts. You don't really need a glass though, just take a couple sips of straight Coke to make room for the nuts. Sip the cola and let a few nuts in with each mouthfull. Crunch on the nuts as the Coke swirls around your mouth with them.

I've lived in as south a state as you can get for 17 years, our exalted MS, and I never saw it until one day a few years ago when a really bad poker playing nignog added peanuts to his coke at a table in the cotton fields of Tunica and I was like, wtf? He grinned and said he'd larn'ed it from his grandmammy. Mfw...

>he is unable to recognize photos edited in ms paint

You're the blindest braindead nigger if you can't tell that's shopped. Kill yourself.

Ever since alcohol suddenly started giving me headaches even if I had just a couple of pints, I've switched to soft drinks. I wish they sold dandelion and burdock here.

Why not just drink water?

Skittles & Smirnoff Ice. Don't knock it until you try it. The Skittles fizz in the carbonated Smirnoff Ice (like Mentos & Diet Coke but not as violently) so take a sip or two before dropping some in. Mix and match your flavors as desired.

My buddy and I invented this drink a good 15 years ago when we were still underage. We were at a party, baked out of our minds and he had a giant 1lb bag of Skittles.

Imagine a time before...
automatic transmission
cup holders
When it was two feet on the floor, two hands on the gear shift and the steering wheel.
You'd get a co-cola at the gas station, pour in those nuts, throw out your wrapper, get in the car, and park that bottle between your knees, and inbetween shifting gears, you could take a sip and put it back between your knees and keep on driving. Also, no salty fingers.

Coke has a touch of spice to it, some vanilla, some cinnamon and burnt sugary-caramel, and of course sugar, all of which are often featured often in a roasted nut coating. These can be sort of combined in the mouth with the nuts, and there ya go, a marriage that isn't anymore far fetched as boba balls in milky iced tea. It's old timey, probably mostly because who the heck is buying lance salted nuts anymore in that $1 tube. I'm more likely to reach for a slurpee, some starbucks in the can, pure leaf tea, or maybe an actual empanada and coffee, but I'm not guzzling soda from the bottle much and most of my nut buying is in larger containers, and probably leans towards smoked almonds. If presented with both items, nuts and coke, ehh, I might prefer to eat them separately actually.

>caring this much what is the proper way to say "sugary cancer drink for american children"

I want something a bit special or as a treat or something when I go out and I refuse to pay the extortionate prices for the coffee/tea around here because I can make better stuff at home for much cheaper.

Only children and useless women use automatic transmission.

Using salted nuts is the point. Salty + sweet. The peanuts absorbing the Coke is only part of it.

how much did coca-cola pay you to post this?

$3.50

It's pretty good. Though I prefer Dr. Pepper and honey roasted or salted caramel peanuts.

>buying unsalted peanuts
Pleb detected, please leave.

Peanuts and Coke is a fucking meme. It was RC Cola or Nehi Grape with peanuts. Coke is trying to make themselves a part of history they were never originally a part of.

This is cooking 101 shit right here.

Sweet and savory, coca cola and roasted salted peanuts. You mix the two and you unironically get uma delicia.

I believe it's a southern thing. I've never seen anyone pour coke into a cup of peanuts though. What I do is put a few in the glass bottles if I happen to have some on hand. Feels more authentic that way I guess. Since both peanuts and coke are pretty big in Georgia, I assume that's where it started. It doesn't really make the coke salty or anything, it just makes the peanuts taste a little like coke.

Only dumbasses on Veeky Forums still use cars that don't drive themselves, fag.

>He's too retarded to use a manual transmission, something everyone who isn't disabled or mentally retarded knows how to use if they have a driver's license.

Uma Delicious!

that niggas hand is photoshopped

I grew up in a town with no black people (not purposefully, there just weren't any there at the time) where nearly every single family in town was of German heritage, and my family did this. But, that was also back when soda was made with cane sugar, and the salted peanuts were not as salty as they are now. Anyway, whenever I went to work with my dad, he'd give me that as a snack if I didn't act like a little cunt.

I know you willingly chose your neighborhood demographic, and I am here to shame you for your choices. Listen kid. One day why don't you move to the hood.

>My buddy and I invented this
No the fuck you didn't

Yeah I am sorry. I stole the idea from the offering plate at my local church.

>I'd rather eat them separately then get the drink full of peanut bits.
how will you get the drink full of peanut bits if you eat them seperately?

tried it yesterday it was fucking nasty
They make a great pairing when eaten separately though. Especially cola and peanut cookies

I tried it once. Nothing special, but actually pretty decent. I used vanilla coke and garlic peanuts, though.

No.

t. german

I can drive manual.

It's a waste of effort. If you gauge your self worth on something that simple, you're pretty hopeless.

>t. globalist

It keeps your perception up so you can see uppity darkies stalking around your neighborhood.

get out

Eww, that shit is way too sugary. I'd rather just drink vodka straight

>It's a waste of effort to move my hand a tiny distance.

It's no effort at all. You're just lazy as fuck.

>he cant heal toe down a mountain pass in his shitbox while listeining to supoer yuropbeat

lmao your life senpai

My dad is from Texas. We used to eat cock and peanuts on road trips. Very comfy memories.

too bad I have a fwd shitbox, still fun though

Goes together like a black man and a white woman

You mean Coke

U M A
M
A

>We used to eat cock and peanuts on road trips.
That sounds hot, please tell us more.

>Pop
Kys

try homemade icetea
black tea, peppermint tea, fresh lemon and abit of sugar

I believe you mean "soft drink"

going to the gas station right now to try this and none of you skelly homos can stop me :^)

I guess its a meme thing.
Beer and peanuts is great, side by side, drink & snack.
So the same is true of Cola and peanuts.
Peanuts, soaked in Cola? I guess somebody missed the clue. I guess its fine, even if its not as great

I love how all Veeky Forums posters also post on Veeky Forums, myself included. This isn't the first time a thread about food has devolved into a car discussion. What the fuck is the reason for this?

lonely fat fuckers who think a cool car will make a woman want to fuck them. not a lot of Veeky Forums overlap on Veeky Forums if you notice

UMA

>think a cool car will make a woman want to fuck them

It does though for some inexplicable reason. I think women view the car as a phallic symbol representing the virility of the owner no matter how out of shape or debt ridden he became to afford the muscle car.

Show pics of the fizzing after you add the peanuts or you're just larping fag.

>it's a waste of effort to operate my vehicle (moving over 25 meters/second) more effectively
retard detected

pics?

that was at like 4:00 you dumbass jelly skellys
them peanuts is shit by now

As far as I know it's some super-goofy shit people do in the southeast. Like how they have dunut hambugers in the midwest. I mean what the fuck is going on?

I have a black friend who used to love coke and nuts but i'm pretty sure he didn't put the nuts IN the fucking coke

>posts about planning on doing something thread related
>doesn't take pics
I don't believe you did it.

well its to late now

Go buy another from the store, it's not like they'll recognize you from earlier because you didn't go.

I ate a giant meatball sub for dinner and now I'm at the heartburn hotel I ain't goin' nowhere else tonight

My dad is from Mexico and has always had his cokes that way. He is 73.

Buddy, that was a massively fedoracore post.

>I ain't goin' nowhere else tonight
at least you finally tell the truth

>t. woman who can't even drive automatic

ha ha ha I just farted out a meatball fart

would have smelled like peanuts and coke had you eaten/drink them

UMA

ha ha ha no it smelled like sketty sauce and cum