NEET edition

I've seen so many posts here lately of total newbies. People asking things like "I'm 30 how do I survive?" and "My mom is out of town, how do I cook rice?"
Let's turn the burners to low and post some cheap easy recipes that can fuel a NEET or a
>broke college student

We're making rice and beans. Cost is under $3.

Goya beans - I would use black but this is all I have
Onion - I would use a whole one but this is all I have
Garlic
Sazon
Adobo
1 cup rice rinsed or not
Chicken broth, homemade or use water. The broth adds to mouth feel
I'm using some corn because I like it.

Vaguely interested. Will there be feet in all of the photographs?

So dice your onions and mince your garlic.

Use about 2 tsp of oil, I chose grapeseed oil, over medium heat gently sautee the onions. I like to get mine just when they start to brown on the edges.

Add your garlic and let it cook for about 20-30 seconds. Stirring. Don't let it burn or dish is ruined.

where's the beef? the cheese? this recipe is fucked up

Add your dry or rinsed rice. Let it cook for a min or so, stir it.

You can use more onion, or jalapenos or bell peppers too btw.

Add your stock or water and bring it to a rapid boil. I really recommend saving chicken bones and vegetable ends to make stock once or twice a month.

The dish is called "rice and beans", what about that makes you think beef and cheese are in any way major components?

Monitoring this thread

Once boiling, cover and reduce heat to lowest. Leave covered and don't touch. Check on it after about 17 minutes. I'll show you what to look for, I'll be back, grabbing a tall boy.

you have no beef or cheese, this dish sucks. I like a nice prime-grade ribeye steak.

Budget meal calls for budget beer. Enter Natural Ice. Still under $3.
Rinse your beans and we're almost ready.

Forgot pic.

lol natty ice you white trash motherfucker. you need a founders or sierra nevada.

Around this time it's almost done and ready. I will just use a spoon to test the bottom and make sure there isn't an abundance of water and try the rice.

your food looks as awful as your weird art.

dude if you gonna do a risotto you might as well use risotto rice

Gonna post some EZPZ potato recipes that you can't fuck up:

EZPZ rosemary potatoes:

>cut your potatoes in about finger thick slices
>distribute on parchment paper evenly
>drizzle with olive oil then with salt and fresh rosemary
>put in oven at 200 degrees Celsius for about 20 minutes (I eyeball that shit)
presto

EZPZ Tortilla Espanola:

For one you'll need:
>1 mid-sized potato
>1 onion
>1-2 garlic cloves
>1 egg
>olive oil

>peel your potato and dice it into small cubes
>finely dice your onion
>chop your garlic

>add your potato to your pan, don't skimp on the oil
>when the cubes start to soften add the onion and garlic
>while that stuff is frying, scramble your egg and add salt and pepper (use a big container, I like to use a measuring cup)
>when the veg looks done, add the mixture to your container and mix it up
>add some more oil to your pan and then reintroduce your mixture
>sear from both sides

presto

Once it's done, there might be a bit of juice at the bottom that's okay, move to a serving bowl. Add the one packet of Goya Sazon and some adobo to taste. Stir in the beans while it is still hot. I am going to add some drained corn, but that isn't recommended. Be careful with adobo it's very salt and you can easily ruin the meal by adding too much.

Everyone I've served this to has loved it. It's a complete meal by itself, rice and beans are a complete protein, but I typically serve this as a side with chicken or pork.

So yeah, NEET cooking.

Also to the user, Natty ice kept this meal under $3 and you are an uptight beer snob.

$3 lmao I'll just get a frozen pizza with that bye bye

Simple and cheap, as promised.

I dont need to make a meal under $3, I'm a NEET, my parents have an assload of money.

Thanks for the recipe! It looks pretty good and I'll try it out sometime this week.

5 minute cake
all you need is the ingredients, a microwave and a mug

>4 tsp flour
>4 tsp sugar
>2 tsp cocoa
>1 egg
>3 tsp milk
>3 oil

>mix your dry ingredients in your mug
>add the egg and mix well
>then add the milk and oil and mix well until you have got a batter going
>nuke that shit for 3 minutes at 1000w

Cottage Pie: cheap, cheerful and works well in plenty of situations.

You will need:

Potatoes
Mince
Peas
Broccoli
Cabbage
Onion
Carrots
Pepper
Thyme
Bayleaf
Flour
Butter

Optional
Beer
Worcestershire Sauce

1. Dice up all the veg.
2. Boil the potatoes up for mashing.
3. While doing so, brown off the mince in a large pan.
4. Add the vegetables, thyme, bayleaf and grind a lot of black pepper into to the mince and cook until soft. Add some flour if you like, just a tablespoon worth.
5. Taking a large dish, pour the pan's contents into it.
6. Mash the potaotes up and top the pie with them; stroking it with a fork is optional but adds a nice bit of texture.
7. Put in oven at about 200 degrees c until the potato has browned and gone crispy on top.

Take out and serve with cabbage, peas, etc. Any green will do.

where's the beef? the cheese? this recipe is fucked up.

There's beef in it, what do you think the mince is?

Also you don't use cheese in cottage pie.

the absolute lowest grade of psueo craft beer there is.

do you even microbrewery fag?

I dont know what the fuck mince means, this is an american website for americans you massive fucking retard. you put some fresh-grated parmesan-type cheese into the potatoes, you retard.

that's the point, faggot.

implying it is still going to come in under cost. Olde English it up sonn

No you don't. Cottage pie doesn't have cheese in it.

you need to put cheese in the potatoes.

No you don't. It already has butter in it. You don't need cheese.

Plus it'll change the flavor profile if you add cheese to it. Sorry, but he's right.

yes, you need to put cheese in. maybe some fresh grated horseradish too.

This is an anime site for anime nerds. Not Americans.

OP. You're feeding NEETs. You need meat and cheese or sugar.

THIS is what NEETs would cook daily if they could/weren't lazy/weren't poor.

No, you don't need to put cheese in it and the grated horseradish is complicating things beyond the basic recipe, although it does sound very nice.

It's not only going to change the flavour, it's also going to cost more and add more calories that you don't need.

Plus it's more work, which for the NEET is a turn-off.

who gives a shit about cost and calories? are you a fucking fatass?

put some fucking cheese in the potatoes you massive fucking faggot.

No, it doesn't need cheese and the taste would be off. Cheese in mashed potatoes is a cheat anyway.

>add more calories
irrelevant for the exogenously depressed

>it's also going to cost
doesn't stop the NEET from wasting money on fast food when home cooking is cheaper. Remember, you're on Veeky Forums - Fast Food and Processed Shit.

>It's not only going to change the flavour
Flavor profiles don't matter to the NEET. He enjoys simple predictable flavors that fat can be layored upon easily. The breaded chicken + plus cheese state of mind.

>flavor profile
[spoiler]Yeah, I never make my arroz con gondules w/cheese, that'd be retarded[/spoiler]

It's cottage pie, not arroz con gondules. If you want arroz con gondules make arroz con gondules, don't turn cottage pie into something it isn't.

niggaa you don't understand

It's not about the recipe, it's about satisfying the cravings and filling in the gnawing emptiness with the transient relief of cheese and meat

I'm either doing chana masala or chicken noodle next. Leaning towards chicken noodle since I won't need to go to the Indian market.

just for that Im gonna go make mashed potatoes with 4 different cheeses and drink a make your ow 6 pack of just founders and sierra nevada.

Then just make squash burgers.

As long as you don't put it on top of a cottage pie, go the fuck ahead.

Spaghetti Bolognese is the NEETs starter dish. If they can't even cook something as simple as this then they have no chance in cooking anything else.

This is shepherds pie bro

Shepherd's Pie is made with lamb or mutton, the clue is in the name.

I think I'll try the rice thing that op showed, I've got most of the ingredients already.

That's a recent idea made up by americans. Original shepherd's pie recipes called for beef as often as mutton.

Cup ramen, NEET edition
>get the courage to leave your apartment just before stores close down
>find cup ramen in store
>hand over the money at the register while avoiding eye contact
>go home drenched in sweat, staring at the ground the whole way
>make cup ramen
>you don't die of starvation today

presto

Natural Ice is not fit for human consumption. But hey what are you going to do, not drink?