You get 100 million dollars, but you lose your sense of taste forever. Would you do it?

You get 100 million dollars, but you lose your sense of taste forever. Would you do it?

hell yeah i'd do it for a thousand dollars
it's just five tastes, anything else is a smell

Hell yeah I would. I love food and all, but I didn't nowhere say I loved it THAT gatdamn much.

Yeah, I'm a crossboarder anyway

My grandma's dead now so I'll never taste anything as good as her cooking ever again so yes I would

I would do it. Food is overrated anyway

what WOULDN'T you do for 100 million dollars? Of course I would give up my sense of taste forever.

Um, yeah. Are you this retarded, OP?

No. I have enough money to keep my tastebuds intact.

I'm more of a texture guy anyways, that sounds like a pretty good deal
plus I can still "taste" stuff, most flavors come from smell anyways

Hey OP, nice thread, anyway. Can we talk about how fucking based that movie is?
>it's an un-cucking yourself movie
>it doesn't end with the protag dying/going back to being cucked/finding a way to live without working like some hippy fairy tale.
Fucking based.

YES but i would regret it in the future for sure

You're so right nigger

But yeah $100m buys a lot of benefits in life that I can use to make up for no taste

I mean most rich people seem to have no taste figuratively so what's the difference

Yes. I can barley taste food right no anyway because of my sinusitis.

I would cut off a finger for 10,000$.

Incidentally if anyone wants to buy a finger for 10,000$ hit me up

I can get you a fucking toe Dude

The money I would save by being able to cook what I need to eat instead of what I want to taste... absolutely worth it.

Fuck yes.
I could eat healthy, mechanically, like it's a chore. I'd research and buy nutrient drinks and eat only whatever I'd need to make it solid.
I'd quit my job and take like 2 more classes per semester. I'd literally do 40 hours a week in class so I can zip through to my degree, then open a practice and work at my leisure while investing.
Kind of sucks I'd never be able to cook again; with the loss of taste I'd never care to do it. I guess I'd just take up carpentry or something.

>trade taste for $100 million
>start hanging out at rich people/celebrity parties
>take drunken/drug fueled bets to eat the nastiest shit they can come up with
>get them comfortable with it
>start youtube channel/website
>work them up to bet them on youtube live, their entire fortunes, if I will eat their shit live on youtube
>make huge events out of it
>ppv
>become billionaire

sure, why not

>he STILL wants to wagecuck after becoming a millionaire
lol

Oh look! A poorfag who doesn't understand how money works! Why yes user, after you bag your millions, you have to figure out a way to keep them afloat. You don't get a nice fat check from society, just for being a millionaire! After you make so much money, we all try to take it from you!

Wew plenty of people with no taste here but everyone already knew that

>itt: Veeky Forums gets a 100 million and loses it instantly like every lottery winner that has ever won.

>inb4 b-b-but we're different.

Buy a dog and just eat it's shit. Never cook again.

Why waste money on the dog? Just eat one big meal at the beginning and keep eating your own shit. Infinite looping nutrition.

No; I was anosmic for a month and while people will argue the semantics, but I'd rather die lose a foot or a leg then lose those senses permanently.

>become rich
>will probably become fit too since i no longer will have taste to motivate me to eat shitty food

hell yeah

But you can live very comfortably for 20 grand a year. All you need to do is put that money into bonds and you're good.

yeah then i'd also get famous for eating insanely hot peppers without wincing

>You don't get a nice fat check from society, just for being a millionaire!

if you get an adviser & invest properly you literally do

>die of sepsis

Probably not. I live for food, sex, and knowledge. My instinct tells me that I'd drown myself in the drastic increase in sex to try to overcome the depression that would come from the loss of taste, but that it wouldn't be enough.

no way

Nope.

Hell yeah, I can finally go down on my wife to stop her bitching

I'd do it for free.

I'm a food addict with T2 diabetes. It might help stop my self-destructive overeating.

the five senses of taste are sweet, sour, salty, bitter, and umami.

spicy is a sense of reaction to active components, usually irritants. youll still feel the heat you fucking FAG.

Hellz yeah as long as I can still feel the orgasms from all the Thai Lolita sex slaves I'd be pounding. Would be a shame to miss out on the taste of that fresh, sweet puss but ah well

This

>have a yacht party
>"user, you absolutely -must- try the canapés, you don't know what you're missing!"
>can't taste canapés
>out shopping with new rich friendos
>"let's do lunch. There's a new bistro that has an amazing bisque"
>can't taste bisque
>hot new qt3.14
>"user let me make you my famous apple pie"
>can't taste cyanide
>die
No.

For $100M I would do it. I'll eat a healthy diet every day, lose weight, become neet and smoke weed all day every day playing vidya.

Then I would kill myself after a few years over the fact I'll never taste real Japanese ramen ever again.

I've seen documentaries about Veeky Forumsfags and the like eating poached chicken breasts, brown rice ad nauseum. Day in. Day out. Do you suppose it would be better to be able to taste your bland dish, or not taste anything at all?

>lose the sense that makes you fat
>get 100 mill on top of it

Literally NO downside.

I can still enjoy the sublime mouthfeel of my favorite foods so id be fine

"sense of smell is from highly sensitive taste buds in the nose"
fuck

fuck yeah, if I didn't have a sense of taste anymore, i could easily eat more healthful foods and get back in shape.
Plus I get $100 mil, fuck yeah.

assuming you're in America;
as soon as you get that money, you have to pay $35 mil back to the government.
Then all the stupid shit you would do/buy with it, you wouldn't last 5 yrs with $100 mil.

you literally don't
look up 'literally'
that investment money isn't guaranteed and it's not from 'society'

>live very comfortably for 20 grand a year
what country are you from?

The UK. That's 20 grand as a lump sum, not subject to tax. You can live in a pretty nice flat nearly anywhere in the country and eat nicely for 20k.

On the one hand, I love tasty shit.
On the other hand, 100 million would mean I'd never have to work again.
On some mystical third hand, I would probably kill myself when I realize my life is unfulfilling and I can't taste anything.

I bet I would lose a lot of weight first, so there's that.

I would buy all the cocaine.

Fuck no

Maybe for 100 mil, but once i lost my sense of smell and taste for about 3 months and i got utterly depressed. Trust me, it's a big deal. I had a really nasty respiratory illness that lasted several weeks and when it cleared up i didn't get my smell or taste back. Everyday when woke up i opened the coffee can and smelled it hoping it was coming back. Dr told me i had 50/50 chance of never getting it back. Food became disgusting to me and just made me more depressed. I hardly ate anything and started drinking. But with a 100 mill i could buy a lotta sluts, cars, and houses to take my mind off it.

I'd give up my sense of taste and smell together for $1,000,000

Yup. It probably helps me lose weight in the process. Win-Win.

I know a dude born essentially without taste or smell
he lives with his parents, so he just eats whatever they cook
he's also vegetarian cause the texture of meat freaks him out

What movie?

Well shit, can't do that in the US. Even if you live in the country with low cost of living.
Unless your style of living is bare minimum you could do it here. I like high end stuff, not a lot, just a few things here and there.
That's why I got my accounting degree, I think 60-100k yearly would be fine for me with a extra to invest for the future.

so you'd at least look good for your funeral