Beer thread

What are you drinking/cellaring/homebrewing? Any fall seasonals you're looking forward too?

Finally got around to trying pic related and I like it a lot. This time last year imperial stouts tasted too boozy for me so I'm hoping I can get into them more this winter.

Other urls found in this thread:

brewtoad.com/recipes/spotted-cow-clone-award-winner
lmgtfy.com/?q=Wife beater beer
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Try oatmeal yeti. Or any form of yeti really. Great imperial stout. I'm gonna be cracking this guy open tonight. Excited to finally try the stuff. Obviously not my picture.

oooh we only get 2-month-old Dogfish IPAs where I am, I'd love to try that. I'll watch for yeti!

Pic related is one I'm really looking forward to. Releases pretty close to my birthday too

If youre Minnesota it should be on the shelves brah. I bought mine in burnsville. Bent paddle has the best coffee ale I've ever had btw.

am MN, you mean DSDB is on shelves or yeti is on shelves? I thought Double Shot came out in November

Yeti should be year round but I meant the world wide stout

ohhhh gotcha, I haven't seen world wide around me. Might need to do a trip to the cities, I don't have great selection here

Drinking Lowenbrau right now because its on sale.

Brewing a German ginger beer (a pale Marzen kind of thing with ginger instead of hops). Pic from last round - very similar to Smithwicks.

Is brown ale considered "dark beer"? What are some of your favorite brown ales? Favorite porters?

Just finished this and it was great. Less boozy than stouts I've had that were 10% lighter. Sweeter than I thought it'd be, like a rich dark chocolate bordering on milk. Some heat, but I honestly could have gulped it. Impressive.

Who can pick out the bud light line...

This schwarzbier tastes like ass

discuss

stop tossing salad?

Oh my God this is amazing.

for you maybe

find this. love this.

Best stout I've had. It's got such an intense flavor compared to other stouts of had, maybe it's just my taste buds

>be german
>watch american movies
>they mostly drink bud light or corona
>fast and furious movie is literally financed by corona because its the only beverage anyone ever actually drinks in the movies
>no bud light anywhere even gas stations
>cant find coronas either
>few years later
>local mexican diner has coronas
>order one with my burrito and quesadilla
>mfw the taste
Wtf americans? Does this even classify as beer?

I've had*

Corona is piss tier, also all the mainstream american beers, try Indio's or Bohemias if you want some decent Mexican Beer. Avoid Tecate at all cost.

I don't think i wanna try any mexicans beer after this desu

corona is one of those really garbage, overpriced beers like stella artois

Went to their brewery in Chicago a few months ago. That place was the tits.

>tfw german and dont understand that the best viena style beers are made by Pancho and his beaner buddys

Brewing a Westvleteren XII clone when the ingredients arrive; the recipe worked quite well last year - didn't taste the same as the real thing, but was closer than I expected, and very enjoyable after it aged a little. Colour, how the head laced the glass and nose were all very close indeed.

In the fridge I have 4 Pines pale ale at the moment, though that tends to be my default beer.

you got me to consider trying it this fall. their black ale/ipa was awesome.

You kinda ask for it when you saw it on that shitty movie.

What the fuck were you expecting from a cheap macro that comes in a clear bottle and is marginally less yellow than piss?

Tried this at the local bar's anniversary party. Really good stuff. In the background is also a bottle of Firestone Walker imperial stout that was also sampled.

I've got a Belgian Wit and Alt that I brewed a while back that I've had conditioning in the bottles that I might crack today. My neighbor made this New Glarus Spotted Cow clone that we tried side by side and it was virtually identical. I'm going to try to brew it this weekend.

brewtoad.com/recipes/spotted-cow-clone-award-winner

Pretty sure they don't even make those Avery demon beers anymore. I found a few at my local liquor store hidden in the back shelves a few months ago and I bought them just as gifts to some autistic beer nerd I may eventually befriend down the road that'll appreciate it

Already had them myself. They aren't even that good tbqh, more of a novelty, but the scarcity makes it cool now

i agree with the post below you. i didn't enjoy it as much as i thought i would.

Yeah, they stopped making them a year ago or so. They really were kind of a novelty and not great. is a much better high ABV stout than Mephistopheles IMO. I never tried the rest, but I think there's a few old bottles of The Beast and Samael sitting at the back of the shelf at the store I go to.

>better high abv stout

What's wrong with stella?

The pic is too big to post, but anyway I just drank a bottle of duvel. And it's really good. The aroma is just perfect and the body is great too. Even at 8.5% you can't feel the alcohol.

Just anotherTuesday night redneck kegger...

>whats wrong with Stella

lmgtfy.com/?q=Wife beater beer

The color of that beer in your glass does not look like bud light. I have a feeling you're failing the most basic redneck test and drinking a craft beer there, Stephon.

Stolen meme ipa sir.

I love WWS and have tried all of the Yetis. I also love Founder's Imperial Stout, but nothing beats this

Also good.

Drinking fresh Vesuvius and loving life.

Green Flash West Coast IPA

BBA Exp Stout is great, yeah. But it's not a 17-18% beer, so not really relevant there.

West coast ipas suck

And world wide is shitty and needs alot of age to be worth a fuck.

Anger

It's a not very notable lager from a country that produce over a thousand varieties of beer from a population of 10,000,000, has a major city with a beer pipeline running beneath it, and produces some of the finest beers in the world.

That's just like, your opinion, man.

agreed. Stella is shite even compared to a bottom tier Belgian lager

No, it is gay

Had one of pic related about 1 hour ago
It's an Imperial India Black Ale

incredible head formation and retention
Aroma of coffee + citrus taste, weird combination which puts me off most Black IPAS but this brand has managed to make it work reall well.

Drinking some average Pilsen now....

pic related, the shitty pilsen I'm drinking now

Any stouts from Evil Twin Brewing are worth checking out, especially Even More Jesus.

Old rasputin has a very strong flavor. I had it at a little cajun restaurant in dahlonega GA, went really well with a club sandwhich.

That beer has too much head, maybe you just poured it wrong.

I want to drink that

that's the last glass and yeah I just basically "threw" it there, still doesn't take it away from the fact that the beer has incredible head retention (the other glasses I drank were well poured).

Someone recommend me a patrician Heffweizen, all I've been drinking lately is blue moon

The krausen? It's very yeasty and green...
The gingerman should be ready for October.

Not exactly what you're asking for, but Scheider Weisse Aventinus is pretty godly.

... My god damned kingdom to anyone who can get me this. The LCBO had a single bottle once upon a time. I ordered in a 24 the next day, and then it seems like they stopped doing business with Schloss Eggenberg. Ich verstehe es nicht.

It's Schneider not Scheider

anyway

Weihenstephaner Weiss
Franziskaner
Benediktiner
Edelweiss (from Austria, green bottle)

All of these are pretty good.

loooooooooooooool get bent nerd

Well scheisse... I'll take white vagina over a white cutter any day of the week.

I mean... typographical errors. When will they cease?

>DUDE HOPS LMAO
>HOPPING IS LITERALLY THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS FOR AN IPA

reminder that north coast are complete assholes who sue others over bullshit copyright claims

Local store. Shit ton of beer from small breweries and craft beer. Pretty good. Falls du mal in Bonn bist.

looks good, but goes straight from SAPP to SCHN.

Did that god damned castle stop making beer?

SOPA DE MACACO.

Honestly your bog standard hefes like these
are all pretty similar, just get any

I had a bottle of this yesterday. It hits you fucking hard later on. I do love it though.

I have never drank beer before, how do I start?

My local wine store had so some bottles going for $4, didn't know it was actually good