Why does alcohol taste so bad?

Why does alcohol taste so bad?
I want to fit in.

You're not drinking enough

It tastes good once your body is physically addicted to it.

Everyone pretends to like alcohol.
Literally 95+% of people hate how it tastes but drink it to "fit in" and get drunk and make fools of themselves

there are many alcoholic drinks out there, each of them tastes different
you're bound to find something you like

This. Even if it turns out you like fruity girly drinks, there's something you'll like out there.

And they all taste like alcohol...

don't drink light beer, it's literally watered down shit with all of the pleasant flavor compounds removed, it's like taking soda and watering it down 90% with water, it'll taste fucking nasty with the small lingering aftertaste of cola syrup.

The only good strong beers I could get into are beers I've had in Asia. American beer isn't tolerable unless it's some mild beer like 805, Blue Moon, or

not true more like 50% at best, your are just incredibly autistic

just make some shit up about how it gives you digestive problems or something you autistic fuck

Drink Tequila or ouzo if you like black liqorice

cause youre an underage pussy with the palette of a homosexual

I hate the taste of alcohol too, friendo. However Mike's Hard Lemonade I've found is very drinkable. It's almost soda flavored and probably has as much sugar as one. There's another fruity girl drink brand that does a Green Apple flavor that's really good. Barely taste the alcohol.

I'd avoid orange flavored drinks. 4 of those made me throw up.

good beer doesn't really taste of alcohol, and many fruity drinks don't either
you've probably had neither, right?

Sour puss is the green apple one.

It takes a while for your brain to slowly get poisoned by it enough that it tastes good. It tastes yucky to all kids. Tecate beer is lile water.

Alcohol is an "aquired taste," meaning it's complete shit until you force your body to accept that you aren't going to stop ingesting it, so you might as well enjoy it. Sort of like Stockholm Syndrome, really. Regardless, if you're like me and don't like the taste of alcohol nor the feeling of being drunk, just don't drink. Decline if you're offered, and offer no explaination other than "I don't drink." Some people will judge you for it, but these people are to be held in the same regard as teenagers who believe that the first philisophy book they read puts them in the upper echelon of thinkers in the world. That is to say, either ignore them or pity them, your choice.
Cue at least 5 replies from people who want to call me a child for not enjoying their habit.

>good beer doesn't really taste of alcohol, and many fruity drinks don't either
Yes they do.

You must be crazy sensitive to it, I barely taste any alcohol at all in beer.

You must have killed those taste buds.

Not him but maybe you're just drinking strong beer?

I feel like the threshold for me to actually taste the ethanol over the fruitiness of ale and bitterness of hops is maybe somewhere between 5-10%

this
beers under 5% don't taste of alcohol unless they're really shit

It depends on the other ingredients. I've had some alcoholy 4% ciders and 10% ciders you'd think were juice.

Jägermeister to me is pretty tasty actually.

I can always taste it. Sucks.

this, and gin & tonic is the only alcohol that tastes good

Ethanol doesn't taste nice regardless of how deluded you are. Long-term alcoholics can trick themselves into thinking it tastes acceptable or even good because they're so used to it and their body craves it so much.

All you can do is "acquire" the taste for it aka condition yourself to deal with the bad taste. Or just drink beer which hardly tastes of ethanol anyway

You're a child for not enjoying my habit.

Quads of truth

ethanol might not taste nice by itself, but it can mix very well with other flavours
for example many desserts have a bit of alcohol in them

Like what?

Because if you haven't had the pleasure.

Find an alcoholic drink with enough things about it that you do like to put up with the taste of the alcohol. Maybe a beer that isn't particularly bitter or some sort of fruity sweet mixed drink.

Get drunk on it repeatedly until you're conditioned like one of Pavlov's dogs. Try not to over do it though, hangovers and vomiting tend not to be something you want to associate with booze if you're trying to teach yourself to like it.

don't, your liver and your dreams will thank you

Are you still in high school? Most people drink because they enjoy the feeling of being tipsy/drunk, not to fit in you utter mong.

Good thing most alcoholic beverages taste nothing like pure ethanol. I can tell you are anti-alcohol so I know you haven't done much research or tried many drinks yourself. It's pretty simple to make potent cocktails which even non-drinkers cannot pick up the taste of alcohol. There are also ciders which are indistinguishable from apple soda. These drinks are a great way to get drunk fast because you don't even know it's alcoholic until it hits you.

I've been to Christmas dinners where Rum raisin ice cream with baileys was served and even picky children loved it.

>potent cocktails which even non-drinkers cannot pick up the taste of alcohol
>There are also ciders which are indistinguishable from apple soda
Trust me you can taste it.

Most hard spirits have a distinctly ethanol-y tinge. Just cause you can't taste it doesn't mean noone else can. Though you're right in that if the flavor is mixed with something else it's not too bad

>Trust me you can taste it.
Trust me you can't.

Trust me I can.

>Trust me I can.
Trust me you can't.

If you think you can make a stiff cocktail with no taste of ethanol or that ciders taste like apple soda you've either toasted your taste buds or have lower genetic sensitivity.

Wrong. I've spiked many people's drink (sensitive drinkers and nondrinkers alike) including muslims with just alcohol and they only realized they started feeling "funny". From "virgin" pina coladas to just mixing soda water, shani and rum.

kill yourself

You haven't spiked mine.

It's better if you don't like it. It's more respectable not to drink. But you're a faggot who posts on Veeky Forums about this issue that isn't even an issue so honestly just down a 40 of whiskey and kill yourself.

>more respectable not to drink
Wrong.

"Never trust a man that doesn't drink."
Winston Churchill

>Churchill
>Sold out Great Britain to the Rothschilds
>Alcoholic

Sounds about right :>)

Do you literally hate ALL alcohol?

Try pic related. It was the beer that eased me into drinking beer. I love the bread like taste. Be sure to drink it ICE COLD!

>Churchill led Britain steadfastly and courageously during its darkest hour
>arguably the greatest statesman the world has ever seen
>wrote prodigiously and scholarly on the history and culture of britain
>enjoyed excellent brandy with a fine cigar.

You wish you were that big of a "sell out."

like Tiramisu for example

fat traitorous fuck

fuck off kike

First of all, alcohol isn't supposed to taste good. People drink vodka not for the taste, but for the effect - that's why it's served ice cold and with a chaser. Cheap beers are also terrible. They are served cold because low temperature kills the bad taste. Craft breweries often try their best, and they often succeed at making their beers taste good and killing the taste of pure alcohol.
Wines are often nice, but they give the worst hangovers. I don't really get whisky, it's way more elaborate than vodka (which is basically spirit + water), but sometimes manages to taste even worse.

Personally, I enjoy a good beer, but I don't treat it as alcohol, because I drink beer for pleasure, and it doesn't taste alcoholic. When I want to get drunk, I drink vodka, because it's the purest form of alcohol, then I quickly chase it with some juice and eat some snack so I don't feel its taste

Ive spent my college years drinking atleast twice a week. I still find that everything tastes like shit except bloody marry. Probably because the strong flavour blocks out the alcohol

I like the taste of decent vodka, although I know I'm in the minority

Churchill was a piece of shit and a warmonger. He did not lead Britain through its darkest hour, he led them into their darkest hour. Learn your history.

Sure are a lot of assblasted kraut nazis still bitter because Churchill stood strong despite the all out assault on Britain and helped liberate yurop from the clutches of the fiendish, vile, evil and treachorous nazis.

this stuff tastes like carbonated fruit juice.

You're a child for not enjoying my habit.

Every hates it, you're just more of a pussy than they are.

everyone

i like beer, but if there was no alcohol in it i wouldnt drink that shit ever again

Underage B&

It's all psychological. Most of us subconsciously connect alcohol and drinks with a good time because we were exposed to it as teenagers which also adds a dash of nostalgia to the neurological mix. But the taste for alcohol can also develop at a later age, preferably around your midlife crisis. Same mechanic here: Connecting the taste with "feeling good" or "feeling better".

Bottom line is: You need a reason to drink.

Godspeed, OP. Please don't drink.

srsly. hops IS bitter, but IS awesome, my favourite beer is a Citra hops beer that tastes zesty but has no citrus related things in it. I congratulate you if you can stick to teas, smoothies and water or diluting juices, but a bottle of beer is better than a glass of sugary crap or extra glass of any acidic juice. if you like tastes of certain marijuana strains then certian hoppy can have similar taste. as for ethanol... thats part of the process and really, a good beer won't have enough ethanol taste to bother you, unless you reeeeeaaaaally are looking for that ethanoly taste and cry at the slightest sensation of it. ethanol is a compound that must form in a properly made beer.

for fucks sake, get an alcohol free beer just for the sake of comparison. I'd bet money you would fail a blind test of a proper beer and an alcohol-free beer.

you're a child for not enjoying my habit

Choya plum liquor, matso mango/ginger/lychee beer, Sierra Nevada IPA, some odd polish or something darker beer, hollandia

Plenty of decent tasting alcohol

wine seems to be the only alcoholic drink i like the taste of
that and rum + ginger beer but everything else can get fucked

Kek. I was working in the Mojave desert and we would drink tecate throughout they day to stay "hydrated". I even erected a shrine to it on the top of the biggest hill in the area we were working

U r kiddo, muh habbit.

I think the "best" alcohol I've had was Hennessy. Shit is nasty but it was definitely better than fucking Bud Light. I'm sure there's something out there for the both of us, OP.
I really don't like drinking it though. If I want to get buzzed I just take shots or sip on something strong so I don't have to keep going through drink after drink. I usually have chest pain the next day anyway. Shit asian genes I guess

Try Disaronno, it has pretty much no alcohol taste and is actually really nice. Mixing it with coke tastes better than just coke by itself. It's "gay" but it'll get you drunk pleasantly so who cares.

damn shame is, i can crush vodka straight, all day...

my liver hurts. it feels like cracking splitting scabs

Stop drinking it straight. Mix it with juice, soda, or other beverage of choice. Stick with vodka.

if you dont feel the effect, its pointless mostly

Just drink the sweetest fruitiest stuff you can find until you get used to it. Peach schnapp for example.

put it in your coffee before you go to work

you are below the age of majority in your place of residence

Listen up you fucking sperg lords I'm going to teach you something

In order to drink alcohol enjoyably and not look like a fucking teenager trying to get wasted as fast as possible simply start very light and then get stronger as the night goes on.

Start with something almost water and mild (light beer, cider, pilsner, alcopop)

Move one to something normal (beer, wine, highballs, sodas/tonics)

Then you move on to proper cocktails

If its still drinking at that point you move on to shots.

>not ordering a shot and a beer as soon as you get to the bar

Well I mean I do but this clearly isn't a thread for people of majority age

>a shot and a brew Shelley and keep em comin

this man gets it

my local divebar has a happy hr special, beer + shot for $3. can't beat it.

Once you drink to get drunk enough times, you start to figure out what you like. I started out drinking bottom shelf blended whiskey and now I enjoy tasting different bourbons. I became really interested in how all liquor and beer is made, it makes drinking much more enjoyable when treating it as educational. Just my two cents.

I can't believe people sip liqour, like brandy and scotch.

Ethanol is fucking vile-tasting. I mix it with soda and down it as quickly as possible. And chase it with more soda. I wanna get drunk, but I don't want to taste it.

I can taste the alcohol in almost every drink I've ever been served or made myself. If I can't, it's because there was so little it has no real effect on me. I hate the taste, but enjoy the effects, so generally I just try to ingest as much as possible in the shortest amount of time. I don't take shots because that means I have to taste it multiple times, if I pour 5 shots in a cup then pour soda over the top, generally I can choke it down.

Only if you're drinking a crazy high beer, like 8%, or 10%. Your typical Macro 3.2% will have an indistinguishable amount of alcohol.

Because you're ingesting poison OP, your body is screaming at you to stop. I drink like a fish but I'm not gonna sit here and pretend it isn't completely awful for you to ingest.

Checked!

vodka mixed with anything is perfect

also shots get you drunk fast, without having to sip bad tasting alcohol all night

no

I like beer and everclear. Beer doesn't taste like alcohol, so it's good. Everclear burns so much you don't taste it, and you don't need to drink much to get drunk.

I like Jaeger but I think Im allergic to something in it