Has Veeky Forums ever invented it's own food?

Has Veeky Forums ever invented it's own food?

>he hasn't heard of sundae ramen

Smash burger stole my idea.

Searing burgers until they form thick, crunchy crust is my thing!

Or nyquil chicken.

I'm serious

I once ate a spoonful of Choc-Caramel Snack Pack off my ex girlfriend's pussy.

I call it Snack Pussy.

>break up chocolate granola bar
>stick in bowl of milk
>microwave for 30 seconds

voila

deconstructed chicken nuggets

I once boiled rice

that's my invention and you can't do it without paying me royalties.

Quinky sauce

I tried making Redskin flavoured icecream but I fucked up and it turned to redskin flavoured ice.

Still tasted alright, my brother ate most of it and said it was fantastic.

pumpkin spice ramen with lamb.

Not sure if it counts, but the ultimate depression meal is cooking tortellini in cream spinach by adding more milk to it. Very filling, tasty and comfy food.

So am I ya fucking newfaggot kill yourself

> TONS of flavor

>Snack Pussy
wow, creative

I invented skittles in vodka, fuck what that other guy says

You've heard of jerked chicken?
I've invented something called cucked chicken.

Basically, you take a hen and a rooster.
You cook the hen and eat it in front of the rooster.

It adds a certain amount of disparity to the dish, increasing your umami experience.

>Eating from transparent pyrex bowl
My nigger

>not fucking the chicken in front of the rooster before killing it

Come on faggot do it right

I don't want salmonella-dick.
My cousin had it and now they work for CNN.

I probably didn't invent it, but it was pretty delicious when I was 13.

basically, you get milo, you fill a cup about 1/3 of the way, and then another 1/3 with milk, stir, and then you chuck it in the microwave for about 90 seconds on medium-high.
you take it out, stir it a bit to make sure its all mixed, add some honey, and nuke it again for another 30 seconds.
you then let it cool down for a bit because its scalding at that point. at least I think that's how I made it. might have the numbers a bit off.

>tfw Veeky Forums has an official dish and Veeky Forums doesn't
come on guys, step it up

see

That's not original, i've seen that a lot in my hometown

What did you do with the rest of the Indian?

This
My kids love this shit

It's dank af

crèpes
and you put unsugared cocoa and maple syrup on it
trust me

i shall be trying this

Just pull out and make the rooster peck up the joose, do you even cuck bro?

I invented spaghetti

I invented a wonderful concoction.
Its a beer but with wonderful fruit pebble candies in it!

>invented it is own food

You should call it skittlebrau

that one time i made fusion food from mexican, and turkish was fun. basically a mixed stir fry, very spicy. it was not great but not bad either

Who has good cheap tortellinis? All my local supermarkets have tiny little rinky-dink ass bag for $5. It's a rip

It is the single dumbest thing to do if you enjoy cooking. There are literally thousands of recipes that have been around for long enough to a) be close to their best iteration b) enjoyed by a lot of people other than yourself. Instead of trying to try and recreate those as best you can, why would you waste time seeing if you can come up with something better. Do you not enjoy eating good food?

Even the best, most innovative chefs (apart from hacks like Escoffier who "invented" dished that had existed for decades if not centuries) have 1 maybe 2 dishes to their name and most good dishes where invented by chefs or cultures through pure accident of circumstances.

>disparity
Are you using that word right?

>why would you waste time seeing if you can come up with something better
I can think of several reasons:
1) You want to adjust the food to you or your guest's specific preferences rather than a "one size fits all"
2) As a learning exercise. Getting outside your comfort zone and trying new things is a great way to learn.
3) Because you have realized that the logic behind many recipes was based on things like regional availability of ingredients or tradition as opposed to what actually tastes the best. Now that we have worldwide access to ingredients we can make dishes that simply weren't possible in the past.

Imagine, for example, what Escoffier could have done if he had access to a modern kitchen & ingredients from all over the world.

>enjoyed by a lot of people other than yourself.

That, in and out of itself, is a problem. Lowest-common-denominator food might have broad appeal, but it's rarely anything special. Nobody gets excited about food like that. It's boring. Think about big chains like McDonalds or Domino's Pizza: a massive customer base and mediocre (at best) food.

My nigga. Sausage bread is god-tier, even some restaurants around here serve it as an appetizer.

1) Adding fewer chiles to your curry to cater to your gay bf isn't inventing a dish
2) You can do that much better by trying to emulate a dish from a cuisine you're not familiar with, you'll be able to judge your progress much better by comparing it to the real thing
3) You kind of have a point here but I still believe the chances of you coming up with something truly good a infinitesimally small

>Imagine, for example, what Escoffier could have done if he had access to a modern kitchen & ingredients from all over the world.
Not much considering he hardly used any of the ingredients that were available to him at the time anyway.

What makes you think that when I say you should cook established recipes from around the world I mean you should try and replicate Dominos. There are high-end restaurants which have a signature dish that people flock from all around the world to have. There are complex time consuming traditional dishes that have withstood the onslaught of readily available processed food and neophiles like you. There are entire regions of the world where hundreds of restaurants are competing to have the best version of a regional classic. Trying to recreate any of these will be both hard and rewarding. But no, I'm sure you adding mayonnaise to a roast chicken will be a culinary revolution.

Almost all nights I will go full creative and cook something between libanese/japanese with a pinch of spanish and they always turn nice.

The most retarded shit I did that worked amazing was a kind of pasta with tuna and corn mixed with mayo and a heavy spiced roux. Shit is incredibly cash and people never forget when they eat it.

>The most retarded shit I did that worked amazing was a kind of pasta with tuna and corn mixed with mayo and a heavy spiced roux.
This is exactly why invention in the kitchen is a bad idea

>1) Adding fewer chiles to your curry to cater to your gay bf isn't inventing a dish
I never said anything about "inventing a dish". I simply pointed out that you can change dishes to suit your personal preferences. Why stick with classic recipes when you know you can change them to suit your preferences?

>2) You can do that much better by trying to emulate a dish from a cuisine you're not familiar with, you'll be able to judge your progress much better by comparing it to the real thing
Why go back to the "real thing" as a standard when the only real standard that matters is taste? Not to mention you will never get anyone to agree on what "the real thing" is. Get two Italians in a room and ask them how to make Bolognese. They will never agree. Nor will two Mexicans agree on the recipe for Mole Negra, or two Texans regarding chili.... I actually ended up starting a fistfight (inadvertently) by asking a Frenchman how to make a proper cassoulet.

>3) You kind of have a point here but I still believe the chances of you coming up with something truly good a infinitesimally small
I never said the chances were high, user.

>I never said anything about "inventing a dish".
That's what the discussion is about and that's what my post was about. Tweaking a dish is alright but most well regarded recipes will only suffer through tweaking.

>Why go back to the "real thing" as a standard when the only real standard that matters is taste?
Have you ever tried something from a cuisine you're not familiar with and hated it. Only to become more familiar with the cuisine at large and end up liking it? Context is important in cooking. My position is that thousands (sometimes millions) of attempts at refining a dish have already been made and you're far more likely to make something that tastes good by trying to ape the most well regarded iteration.

>you will never get anyone to agree on what "the real thing" is.
I partially disagree, you may have two or more competing schools of thought when it comes to tackling a well known dish but any of those versions are going to be much better than anything similar you can come up with.
My broader point is that cooking is a craft, not an art and as such is less open to interpretation. As with any craft there are exemplary renditions that - regardless of difficulty in creating - are close to the perfect version of that type of dish. There is a perfect bolognese, a perfect mole or a perfect cassoulet. Through some research you could at least get a recipe that's in the top 5 for those. The time spent researching and emulating is more valuable that trying stuff impromptu in the kitchen to see if you stumble upon something as good.

dope truffles

There's only one dish I would say I've 'invented', but someone's probably made something like it before. I call it Italian chow mein.

>1 chicken breast, cut into thin slices
>2 red potatoes, peeled and diced with a little of the skin still on
>1 medium sweet onion, diced
>1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, diced
>1 zucchini, diced
>1 serving of spaghetti or linguini, your choice
>a glass of white wine, chardonay is good
>olive oil
>a sprig of fresh basil, chopped
>salt and black pepper

Start your pasta cooking first. While waiting, heat a large pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil, and add the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper, sauté until soft. Add onions, zucchini, and sundried tomatoes, sauté further until the onions and zucchini are clear. Set vegetables aside. Add more oil to the pan if needed, then add the chicken. Season with more salt and pepper, sauté until cooked through and seared. Add your wine and fresh basil, then reduce the wine to a thin sauce. Drain your noodles if you haven't already(you want them al dente or even a little undercooked) and add them to the pan. Add the vegetables back as well. Sauté for a few more minutes, and serve immediately.

Your post confused me because you mentioned:
>why would you waste time seeing if you can come up with something better
That's not exclusive to "inventing a new dish".

>>tried something from a cuisine you're not familiar with and hated it...end up liking it?
No. Unless it was the case of trying a poorly-made version of a dish and then later changing my opinion once I had the dish made well.

>>My position is that thousands of attempts at refining a dish have already been made...
Yeah, I see where you're coming from. But I think that isn't the end-all-be-all here, for two reasons:
1) Most of that historical trial-and-error was made under restrictions that we no longer have. That implies to ingredient choice as well as cooking technology.
2) Dishes that are popular overall tend to be lowest-common-denominator. The moment you can remove the restriction of trying to appeal to everyone the better you can appeal to your own tastes.
I've got nothing against learning classic recipes. I think that's the best place to start learning. But I likewise think it's silly to restrict yourself for arbitrary reasons.

>>My broader point is that cooking is a craft, not an art and as such is less open to interpretation
I would call cooking a "craft" as well, but I can't think of anything more open to interpretation than food. Everyone has our own preferences regarding what we do or don't like.

>>There is a perfect bolognese, a perfect mole or a perfect cassoulet.
Lol, what? By whose standard? I agree that any one of us might have a specific recipe that we like the best, but who or what's to say that one is "better"? Nobody agrees on these things.

>>The time spent researching...to see if you stumble upon something as good.
Agreed 100%. But these aren't mutually exclusive. It's silly to shut down experimentation just because other methods of learning exist. And I would assume that any halfway competent cook would master a "classic" recipe before altering it.

XD he added a bunch of gross things together with no intention of eating them
XD Absolute MADMAN!

I think we're both at a point where we get the other person's point of view even if we disagree. But I will address two points that lack clarity.
>Dishes that are popular overall tend to be lowest-common-denominator.
There's a difference between popular and well regarded. Dominos may be popular but it's not well regarded. The breadbar at Paowalla in NYC isn't exactly world renowned but is extremely well regarded with those who've been exposed to it. I wouldn't call any of the dishes there lowest common denominator.

I also wouldn't consider my approach to be limited to classic recipes. It includes every thing from nouveau cuisine to the best taco stand to Indian street food.

> but I can't think of anything more open to interpretation than food.
Food is very open to biases (more so than carpentry or masonry for sure) but my point isn't about the biases themselves but that there are better ways of making a specific type of dish you already like than whatever you can come up with.

One time when I was baked I rolled slightly melted fun sized snickers in lays bbq chips. Great stuff, and I don't even like those chips

I never named it though

>food
>not recipe

I dust my cheap beer with nutmeg.

Does that count?

Chilli scrambled egg.
Chop up a chilli and mix it in egg

I got something like that. We used to call it a cup of sex. You put in:
Coffee
Hot chocolate
Cremora (powdered cream)
Milo
Syrup
Sugar.
Mix it all up and top it with warmed up milk.

Sundae Ramen

Did the rice grow into the size of a football?

Dayquil and nyquil and whiskey pureed chicken breasts.

The guy who injected an egg with hot sauce!!

Because it's fun?

Sauerkraut pasta

Thats a good name user!
Ill get right on it :3.
Im gonna be rich!

I ate dino gummies out of my exs hoo hoo, reminded me of liquorice and olive oil
Call it ready bites

Cake sandwich.
Normally made with a cake between 2 pieces of bread but I like to use two pieces of cake.

Also works with bacon.

Checking to see if this was here, good work.

I too enjoy Mike Tyson Mysteries.

a chicken breast served on a pile of breadcrumbs?

When I was a kid me and a friend would make chocolate milk that was about 1/5 milk and 4/5 chocolate syrup. We called it a big pig.

Having peanut butter, chili sauce (tabasco or something similar), tuna and cheese on a toasted sandwich to make a satay sandwich

My answer probably won't help you since I'm europoor and pay like 80 cent for 250g of tortelloni.

I missed this pasta

>used cherry jello mix to bake a cake when I was 7
It was fucking repulsive.