Influencer Marketing Campaigns

People on /ck from time to time talk about shills. "Monster Energy shill" and "McChicken shill" are common. Joey and RB are also pointed to and dismissed as shills frequently. I stumbled upon a set of articles this morning talking about "Influencer Marketing" and now I'm wondering if its true.

"According to a case study by Nielsen Catalina Solutions and TapInfluence, influencer content generates ROI that is 11 times greater than traditional digital campaigns. There is plenty of data available that proves how effective it can be, including a study that showed influencer campaigns earn $6.85 for every $1.00 spent."

entrepreneur.com/article/287740

Does anyone here buy food after seeing the food suggested on this site or other social media? I have to admit to ordering McChickens because of this site. RB has got me eating more Taco Bell and even tho I am a Monster Energy Ultra™ virgin, I have been very tempted to pop my cherry recently. What's the general consensus /ck?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w8jTZw6K41g
money.cnn.com/2017/04/25/investing/coca-cola-job-cuts-earnings/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

With steak, you want to make every bite count. That's why I use A-1 Steak Sauce. A-1 brings out every single bite of steak, or even hamburger. Mmmmm, delicious. For me, there's only one steak sauce, A-1. Because A-1 has all the taste that makes every bite count

You know what goes well with A1? More A1

Nah op you're crazy, the Monster™ threads are totally a home grown meme, no one would be so stupid as to drink overpriced sugar water unless it was the hottest meme of the season, I mean have you seen the photoshopped memes? No way anyone except grassroots Monster™ sippers™ would be able to make memes as high calibre as this one
Now remember to get your favorite flavour of Monster™ for that "first sip of the day!"™

>Does anyone here buy food after seeing the food suggested on this site or other social media
god no I worked for a distributor and I remember the line they used on us when we started carrying monter, and then I seen that same exact line on a "sip" thread called them out, and totally got shit on.

If people want to be advertised to be my guest, sip thread is bombarded with monster product, the way monster works there's no way they are not behind it.

energy drink shills are real. Nutella had a huge shill campaign in 2011-12

I remember back then nutella had a lot of supposedly "organic" posts a lot of people "just finding" these institutional sized buckets of the stuff and posting a picture of. A lot of stories were out at the time, probably to combat the lawsuit they had lost where they had to quit saying nutella was healthy.

What was the line? Asking for future generations.

I bought two Monster™ Energy Drinks yesterday, drank the first one yesterday and i'm working on the other one now. Man, such a refreshing beverage.

I was just enjoying a Monster™ Mango Loco (available at 7-11 ®) when I happened upon your thread. I'm just a S I P B O Y, your accusations of production shilling is unfounded.

Unleash the Beast®!

>Does anyone here buy food after seeing the food suggested on this site or other social media?
Fuck no. No one should be blindly doing what Veeky Forums tells them, regardless of whether they're shills or not. I'm here to be amused by idiocy, no to copy it.

Think about the shampoo and deodorant you use.
Think about the toothpaste you buy.
Think about every non-generic food you buy.
You are susceptible to marketing in everything you purchase whether you are aware of it or not.

This and /tv/ are two of the more heavily shilled/viral marketed boards here, it's pretty much undeniable at this point.

Yeah it had a paradoxical effect on me as well, just out of spite I stopped eating at mcdonalds. Never really was a big fan of energy drinks or soda, but same goes for monster energy drink shills. Just on principle i'll never fucking buy a single one.

Those fucking faggot interns have been shilling on here for atleast the past 4 years. The poison burrito company, the shittiest sub you can get company, and mcshits had a constant thread up for years. The poison burrito company is atleast being hurt and can't afford to anymore.

I've never tried anything new because of this site, or shills in general.
I have gone to get a McChicken more often because of shilling, but I like the sandwich before so it didn't convert me.
I don't drink monster because I've had them before and don't like it.
Shilling works, it is a type of advertisement. Some people vehemently oppose it and speak out against it, but most people don't give a shit about trying something new or buying a product that is hated online by other user's.

People always say that why would you still on Veeky Forums of all places and I think that's bullshit. If it was a company I'd rather shill here than facebook. The blanket of anonymity is great for marketing. People still value word of mouth more than anything else.

>i think companies will spend their time advertising to 2 dozen poorfags and neets on a mongolian cave painting forum

I didn't claim otherwise. I said I'm not following recommendations from this place, because it's full of morons and trolls, never mind the shills.
Besides which I mostly buy generic food, and pick supermarket by convenience of location more than brand. Marketing is no magic.

>shit faggot marketers say

>it's full of morons and trolls
It certainly is, user.
It certainly is.

>he doesn't believe the S I P S
>probably has N O S I P S
go back to facebook pleb

Seeing those sip threads makes me want Red Bull. Monster is awful

I tried the sugar free monsters because of this place. I don't even mind, they're the first sugar free energy drinks I had that weren't disgusting.

This site has millions of unique visitors per month, shill.

This line doesn't play anymore.

ey you know what even if you made thousands of energy drink threads with 300 replies each on every board I frequent, I would never even consider buying a single can of your disgusting energy drinks.
all the years of living in capitalism have made me immune to any kind of advertisement.

I drink mother when I want to trade away my health for staying awake anyway. Monster is too expensive here.

I never buy the same shampoo twice, I couldn't tell you what brand is in my shower right now. I buy whatever the cheapest deodorant is at the store at the time and I don't buy much non-generic food, the only thing I can think of is 2 mcdoubles and 2 jr chickens at mcdicks because that's over 1500kcals quick which is nice post-gym. I may be as susceptible to marketing as anyone else but I simply don't buy enough stuff that isn't just regular staple groceries to have it be apparent.

How else would ypu explain the disgusting sip threads that exist when we cant properly have a tea or coffee general?

I got a can of Monster Zero once out of curiosity.
Tasted like a big fucking can of aspartame.
Wish the mods would ban people who make those retarded fucking threads.

Influencers are people with a huge follower base on sites like Instagram or Facebook. That are you know not anonymous. Companies won't pay for cohorts of basementdweller to meme sips for minimum wage in hopes it catches on. That is way harder to coordinate then paying some assfaggot on Insta who has 100.000 followers because they can be SURE that the ad reaches its target audience.

If I was a company I would never try to sell something on here. Just look at this thread. Normies are way easier to market to then autists.

Veeky Forums has made a running joke of satirical shilling for years. The cringier, the better. I can only conclude that started following someone actually attempting to shill here. SIPBOYS 2017 falls right in line with that, as does the McChicken things.

It's impossible to tell where actual shilling starts, if it ever did, and shitposting begins. It may all be shitposting.

I can't tell whether that exemplifies abject failure or unfathomable success. I guess that sums up Veeky Forums, really.

The sugar-free Monsters have a pretty heavy taste of artificial sweetener, for what it's worth; not for me. I quite like the red (sugared) "assault" one, tastes pleasantly like raspberry cola but it seems hard to get; the blue Rockstar is alright too (and cheaper), but I couldn't describe the obviously artificial (blue!) flavour. In general, I prefer tea.

GIMMIE MUH BEETUS

yeah why would any company target adverts to their target demographics

>shill
That word doesn't mean what you think it does, user.

I guarantee you that they will pay for shilling everywhere. It's not that expensive. I know people who are paid to shill local (like city council local) political candidates on the comment sections of local newspapers. You think multinational brands can't pay some loser $10/hour to shill with shitty memes all day?

>This site has millions of unique visitors per month
Veeky Forums doesn't
Veeky Forums is one of the slower boards on the site still
if someone wants to shill, they'll go to a bigger board

Ive only had one McChicken since it became a meme. It was very bland. If they brought back the Spicy McChicken id be on board

>not understanding viral marketing
>not understanding memes
they're trying to make their product a meme and that means trying to get it to catch on with a bunch of autists who will spread it into something much larger, they're trying to get trendy memester Veeky Forums kids to do all the work for them
or maybe you do understand how all this shit works and you're just another shill
either way off urself

Shill threads are real, they exist on every board, and they're pure cancer.

It's one of the ways this shitty site makes money, as the mods are told what shill threads are not to be deleted, and they make it hard as fuck to even filter this ad cancer.

The jew has now gained pretty much complete control of the internet for marketing and political purposes, and Veeky Forums is no different. You look at the larger sites like F-book, twitter, jewtube, and even google itself, and they're ALL centered around leftist politics, exploiting information, and generating clicks in order to sell ad space.

The internet is pretty much ruined.

Regardless, I NEVER buy any of the shit people shill on this site, as I find it insulting and rude to be shilled to the way they go about it here.

If you believe this you're a bigger retard than the majority of posters on this board and frankly that's quite an achievement.

While the line between shitposting and marketing is often blurry, it doesn't take a genius to see that creating brand-specific memes is a huge win in terms of free and effective advertising.

Whether stuff like McChicken and Sip are organic or created by corporate funding, once they're established, people continue them without much prompting. Expect a lot more of this shit in the future because any marketer who spends 5 minutes in a /sip/ thread will be immediately trying to figure out how to do something similar for his own brand.

I never believed that there were actual marketers on Veeky Forums trying to peddle their shit, but after seeing the autistic faggotry that is the sip threads, I am completely convinced. I refuse to believe that there are people out there that are that immature and retarded that they go around bragging about how much diabetes and heart failure they can drink. There is no way that a consumer is that passionate about a fucking energy drink. 95% of the replies in those threads must be from Monster trying to create and maintain some kind of community to trap a handful of idiots, luring them into thinking that they're part of a much larger group of people who are obsessed with energy drinks, prompting them to not only buy them constantly but also shill it to their friends. I can't see any other explanation for it, but hey maybe I just have too much faith and this site is actually genuinely full of 14 year old redditors.

meme status is like the golden fucking goose egg for corporations, hundreds of thousands, even millions of people saturating everything with advertisements for your product for free

Stop making threads like these. Reacting to a meme often only makes it stronger. You literally just play into their hands.
>hide shill threads
>don't post in shill threads
>don't post about shill threads
>don't buy shill products

>any marketer who spends 5 minutes in a /sip/ thread will be immediately trying to figure out how to do something similar

Not a marketer or /sip/ster but I read the threads just to see the creative methods they're using to shill. I can see how it would be extremely effective in hooking in the relatively naive late teen, early 20's demographic. You have to give them credit for originality. They make the restaurant, grocery store and other marketing shills look about as exciting as decaying leaves in late winter.

>this site is actually genuinely full of 14 year old redditors.

Probably....

>refuse to believe that there are people out there that are that immature and retarded that they go around bragging about how much diabetes and heart failure they can drink

You are giving me way too much credit.

MONSTER IS A SHIT SIP ANYWAY

EVERYONE KNOWS REDBULL IS THE PATRICIAN SIPS

Stop. It's just sad bro. Redbull cucks btfo.

occam's razor
this board is too low traffic to be worth much attention
it's much more l;ikely that the "shills" are just fans or trolls.

>sip thread
>hundred of unique posters
>potentially thousands of viewers
>no cost to post anonymously
occam's razor indeed

>occam's razor

Used by idiots with little to no life experience to try and convince people that they have "wisdom".

What makes you say that?

Sips isnt even a ck meme its a fucking fit meme. I dont know why it came over here

More than likely people think the terminology is funny and just keep saying it because it makes autistic people mad because they cant simply hide threads

>Does anyone here buy food after seeing the food suggested on this site or other social media?
The only time I ever listened to Veeky Forums food advice was for Shin Ramyun. I regretted it.

In most cases I already buy the product and jump into shill threads because I know it upsets people. Example: Sip threads. I already consume energy drinks but sip-posting seems to make some people extra upset so why not?

Everyone submits to some form of marketing. People who deny this are retarded.

I don't really care for meme marketing, but I started buying more energy drinks because I browsed a sip thread and saw the zero calorie Monster energy drinks.

When I was a Social Media Manager for a mid-size but national Dave & Buster's style chain, I was able to convince my bosses that posting on Veeky Forums, Reddit, Tumblr, etc. about our brand was a valuable asset, and that by being "anonymous," me posting on Veeky Forums was a grassroots effort to sell our brand. They bought it, and I made money to come here (mainly /v/) and start up threads talking about the brand. The more replies (good or bad) that I got, the happier people would be.

I don't genuinely think that brands the size of McDonald's, Monster, etc. do this though, because they have actual intelligent marketers in charge of them. However, I do work with a major international Fortune 500 now, and last year, we almost did an AMA with Reddit, so nothing is out of the picture.

>because they have actual intelligent marketers

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Whatever you want to laugh about, but companies like that don't become as big as they are by hiring dumbasses to run their shit.

who do you think is the target demographics for monster?

god damn you are out of your mind then. Coke put out on youtube a video showing people pedaling 20 minutes in order to burn off the 100 calories they'd consume if they drank a coke.

tell me again how they have actual intelligent marketeers

The marketers hired by large scale corporations that have been around for a long time still think they're in the 90's, dude.

Here's the video i referenced

youtube.com/watch?v=w8jTZw6K41g

>buying any shampoo that isn't the generic head and shoulders knock off
>caring what toothpaste you buy and not just buying whatever has fluoride in the ingredients for the cheapest
>buying non generic food instead of cooking and supplementing with the cheapest no frills item

Wrong. You can sell anything to people here you just have to start a thread saying you hate X brand for supporting Trump, alllivesmatter, etc., and the sales will get an immediate boost

Coke marketing is genius, they ingrained themselves so deeply into American brains that drinking coke is almost patriotic. Coke is mandatory on a hot summer day, at the ball game, frozen at the movies, with dinner, family events, parties, its a standard expectation that everyone likes coke. I've certainly never met a soda drinker who didn't like coke or pepsi. Sure they've had some shit ads but overall their marketing has been extremely successful. Definitely better than pepsi's too. I don't even drink soda but I think they're kind of a gold standard for marketing. At the very least they've convinced restaurants that they absolutely need coke products or people will dislike them.

Coke has more money to spend than they know what to do with when it comes to marketing. In addition, all of their marketing is branding, because they have very few ways to sell their product directly from a source trackable to marketing spend. Regardless, that video, while it might sound stupid to you, is probably a decent top-of-mind video that some people watched and kept them thinking about Coke. A brand like this is free to continue trying out new ideas to reach various audiences, because almost everyone drinks or has drank Coke.

As someone who works in the industry, you're totally wrong. Do you have any proof?

Do you even market, bro?

>Do you have any proof?

-fast food sales: down
-soft drink sales: down
-film box office: down
-TV ratings: down
-cable subscriptions: down

These are the same fuckers that are constantly shilling their bullshit, too...

it literally does not matter

you will be called a shill regardless if you bring up any kind of specific brand or whatever

i'm a sipper and even i admit most of the sip threads are usually just monster shilling

Marketing can't fix everything.

While Coke is down, all soft-drink purchases are down, indicating the consumer is looking for healthier options. Meanwhile, McDonalds is seeing its stock rise to an all-time high.

money.cnn.com/2017/04/25/investing/coca-cola-job-cuts-earnings/index.html

And further on your other point, box-office, TV, and cable subscriptions are down because of cord cutting, not because their marketing is failing. Regardless, these companies tend to hire the most qualified people, because they pay more, and use the most innovative strategies.

My company's digital marketing budget is going to nearly account for 65% of our marketing in 2018, over Broadcast, Print, Out-of-Home, and Sponsorships.

>Marketing can't fix everything.

It can sure fix the empty bank accounts of a lot of Jews conning people into investing in their "marketing" scheme.

The entire purpose of marketing is to maintain and grow your customer base, and it has completely failed to do so in every one of the areas I've listed.

In the end, it's the product or service that wins the customer, not some kikes in a "professional" marketing company, and I pretty much despise companies that use their ridiculous shilling techniques.

I don't find the marketing effective because I don't speak or otherwise understand English, even minimally, and so the campaigns are entirely lost on me. So while I do eat McChickens and drink energy drinks, I do not do so because of viral marketing.

Mmmkay. Then you don't really understand what marketing is. We use advanced analytics, tracking technologies, and attribution to 100% tie in a direct effect from our marketing on the incremental money we earn.

A shitty mom and pop pizza place doesn't do this, but your huge companies are so ahead of the curve that you clearly just don't understand it, and think we're "stuck in the 90s," or just throwing shit at the wall.

For me, it's the McChicken.

>Then you don't really understand what marketing is.

Sure I do.

A giant money sink and scam, created by ego-maniacal douchebags and kikes, used to lull retards into wasting cash on some shitty product or service.

I'm gonna find you, cauterize your asshole shut, tie to to a chair and force feed you McChickens until you McFucking die.

Hey guys, I just joined the Boy Scouts of America™ and I'm trying to get my influencer marketing badge. Since this is cooking forum, can we talk about how great BSA Popcorn is? For me its gotta be BSA Popcorn. The best pyramid marketing child labor popcorn.

What is it they say? Half of all the money you spend on marketing is wasted we just don't know which half.

Listen I worked at coke, theres more at hand than marketting, although I remember a expriment they did where they simply cut all advertising to a specific market and see if it was deeply ingrained as you say and the effect was a steady consistent decline of consumption and it spook the shit out of them where they will continue spending the money if it makes sense or not.

But yeah, that video was stupid as fuck TO ME the first time I saw it and rewatching it again, I still think its bad, just as bad as the "what if we stand up" ad but thats another story.

ay dont talk shit about the popcorn
i went to camp for free thanks to that shit
and my step mom did all the work.
just put a sign up sheet in the break room and that was it

You dunkin'™, bro?

Marketing user again, surprised this is still up. Yeah, major marketing companies run what is called an "incrementality test" on their marketing efforts - essentially to capture what would be sold anyways vs. what is sold on account of marketing.

In its simplest form, it's basically shutting off marketing in an area and seeing how your sales drop in that area. Or, doing it in a like market, and applying those learnings to those particular DMAs. And we continue to test and learn - it's not like we did it once in 2009 and then just assumed sending direct mail was the best tactic for eternity.

But there's solid math behind it all.