Pretentious bullshit thread

>deconstructed
>_______ "aioli"
>freegans
>farm to table
>organic
>GMO free

>giving a shit about what other people eat
That's the most pretentious hipsterfag thing you can do.

>free-range manibalism

"hello fellow 4channers, pls eat monsanto products"
t. monsanto shill

t. tinfoil hat

>assumes there's even a conspiracy

/thread

Actual freegans, real dumpster-diving punk anarchist fuckers, are pretty far from pretentious. There's not much pretense you can keep up when you've been waist-deep in an actual dumpster or begging at the back of the bakery.

>>farm to table
>>organic
>>GMO free
nothing particularly wrong with these but I don't want to get into a 20 minute discussion with some bearded hipster shop owner gushing about his own products

>mouthfeel

>Pretentious
>freegans

What's pretentious about digging through trash for food?

Please, faglord. Link me to hard, scientific studies detailing the ill effects genetically modified foods have on the human body.

Until then, you're a conspiratard.

Only those dumb [trilby] wearing [faggots] like non-GMO.

Activated

>_______ "aioli"
Why is this quoted like this? Does OP have something weird against garlic sauce?

Pretentious is a matter of where you stand. If you're a poorfag a farm to table tasting menu would be pretentious. If you're rich it's just something you go out for as a treat. If you're a working class person organic might seem pretentious. If you're a concerned upper middle class parent organic is what you feed your kids.

Because there can be different aiolis, I make a great mayonnaise aioli.

Kinda this. I wouldn't say it's "where you stand", rather it's the motivation for why someone would eat a certain diet.

Do you eat something that might appear fancy because you honestly enjoy it? Not pretentious.

Do you eat something that might appear fancy because you want to show off to other people and/or feign expertise you don't have? Pretentious.

>mayonnaise aioli
So, French aioli then. Spanish just uses garlic and oil and is an absolute bitch to get to emulsify; French solves this by adding egg.

>Do you eat something that might appear fancy because you want to show off to other people and/or feign expertise you don't have? Pretentious.
Exactly. It isn't the fancy thing that's pretentious. It's your motivation for indulging in it. Aioli isn't the least bit pretentious, but including it on a menu item at a crappy restaurant just to seem more upscale is.

I call it freedom aioli, but yeah.

>Because there can be different aiolis
you still can't just put garlic in a sauce and pretend it's aioli

>All natural
>Artisanal
>Locally Sourced
>Special K anything

No, but you can add Sriracha to aioli and call it Sriracha aioli. To me it's just dumb shit, but OP finds it pretentious.

t. Tonald Drumpff

Nyet, that nigger fucked up my lunch yesterday.

OC

Oh? Then explain to me, Herr Monsanto, why your company spent millions lobbying against labeling GMO products if only a handful of trilby wearers don't want them, hmmmm? Ironically it backfired and producers labeling their products non-GMO are btfo of those not labeled. Almost makes one believe in cosmic justice.