Slow Cooker General

Soup Veeky Forums? What are your best slow cooker recipes? I'm about to do some cabbage and ham steaks. I'll add some creamer potatoes, bay leaf, a bit of thyme and some black pepper. Cook on low for about 6-7 hours. I have some navy beans but I'm actually thinking about using green beans instead. Maybe both not sure yet. Any suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

myfoodstory.com/slow-cooker-korean-pork-bulgogi-gochujang-recipe/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I usually do beans and mayo. Make sure to add some extra water in

I never add water. By the time it cooks down the cabbage adds a ton of water. Very unsure about the mayo comment as well. Oh, also I forgot onion and sometimes a bit of teriyaki sauce.

i like to do some meats, a can of tomato soup, a can of cream corn, a can of beans, a can of olives, 10 potatos, some bell pepper, a can of tuna, a can of rice, a can of turnip, a can of deezy dees, mayo and then cook for 8 hours while hubby is at work, he loves it

Add a teaspoon or two of vinegar

Why? You're supposed to combine ingredients in recipes that make food taste good.

Better step up your game Veeky Forums.
You're about to be McChicken general.

bolognese

>mince, onions, carrots, celery, garlic, red wine, tomato puree, chopped tomatoes, bay leaves, milk, oregano

-brown the mince, dump it into the slow cooker
-soften the carrots, onions and celery add the garlic to the pan just before they're done then into the cooker they go
-deglaze pan with wine then add tomatoes, puree, tiny bit of milk, bay leaves and oregano. heat to a simmer then it goes in the cooker
-4 hours on high/8 hours on low
obviously season to taste at whatever stages you want.
wa la

cassoulet

>chopped tomato, carrot, celery, garlic, onion, passata, sage, thyme, haricot beans, butter beans

-soften the onion, carrot and celery and garlic in a pan > cooker
-tomatoes and passata get brought up to temp in same pan with all the beans, herbs and a pinch of sugar > cooker
-4hrs high/8hrs low

>wa la

surely you didn't mean to mince the bay leaves?

Potatoes, carrots and onions on the bottom. A quartered rabbit on top. Some salt and pepper and wa la

I appreciate the recipes but stop saying wa la you double niggers

A small touch of acidity makes many things taste better

you sure?
I mean if you really think so I'll try it but I kinda thought that's what bay leaf and thyme did.

What? Bay leaf and thyme don't add acidity

They actually do if you put them in a slow cooker for like 7 hrs.
Of course, I can't expect a mcchicken eating fag to know that.

>wa

>la

I've never eaten a mcchicken in my life you worthless sack of trash. You piece of filth. I hope your whole family dies of cancer.

lamb shanks

>red wine, bay leaves, lamb/beef stock, djon mustard, parsley, french beans, red wine vinegar, redcurrant jelly, leek, onion, turnip, new potatoes, carrot, bay leaves, rosemary, lamb shanks

-season the lamb then brown it > cooker
-deglaze with red wine, simmer then boil off the booze > cooker
-soften leek, onion, turnip, carrot and potatoes > cooker
-rosemary, bay, stock, mustard, jelly, red wine vinegar > cooker
-8 hours on low

done. no meme for the angry user

forgot, you should add the parsley and the beans at the end before serving

osso bucco pork

>whatever cider you have, osso bucco, seeded mustard, herbs to taste

-just dump it all in the slow cooker and put it on low overnight

easy

jerk casserole

>flour, dark soft brown sugar, rum, garlic, bay leaves, chicken stock, celery, onion, chicken, jerk seasoning, green pepper, red wine vinegar

-mix flour and jerk seasoning + s/p to taste and coat the chicken with it
-brown/blacken the chicken depending on your taste > cooker
-soften the onion, celery and pepper > cooker
-garlic, bay leaves, rum, sugar, vinegar, stock > cooker
-4/8 meme

done.

How do I stew? Meat and vegetables in broth?

>I've never eaten a mcchicken in my life
The fuck's wrong with you?

That's the basics of it. Standard would be more something like:

-cut meat into small pieces. Season, coat with flour. Brown meat on all sides, in batches if need be to avoid overcrowding. (slow cooker recipes often skip this, but that's fucking dumb since it adds a ton of flavor)
Add your liquid (wine, stock, or both) and aromatic veggies. Simmer on low heat until the meat is tender. That's roughly an hour or so for chicken, about 3-4 hours for beef.

Add your veggies at the right time based on how large the pieces are and how you like them cooked. If you want them mushy then add at the beginning. If you want them to have more texture then add them later so they don't cook for the full length.

I don't suck corporate cock and in any case I'm far too Veeky Forums and mature to eat that childish, nutritionally deficient shit.

You're gay.

>mature
>arguing on a Tibetan backpacking forum
>shoogie doogie doo

one last trip to flavor town

Good stuff. I think I'll definitely be trying that lamb shanks one

Get out hubbyposter

I did a stew with some Guinness a week or so ago and it turned out super well. Threw some parsnips and potatoes in that bitch it was good.

Is it possible to make desserts/puddings in a slow cooker instead of savoury stuff?

Pic related is the result of four hours on high, turned out pretty well
myfoodstory.com/slow-cooker-korean-pork-bulgogi-gochujang-recipe/

Parsnips are way underrated

Woah. That looks good

This sounds yummy, bless you user

sweet and sour chicken

>boneless chicken thigh, cornflour, tomato ketchup, sugar, garlic, onion, red pepper, green pepper, carrot, white wine vinegar, soy sauce

-season chicken in a bowl and toss with the cornflour. mix the ketchup and sugar and add a little bit of water in a separate bowl.
-stir fry the garlic, onion, peppers and carrot on a medium heat for a couple minutes until golden > cooker
-brown chicken all over then add ketchup mix to it and mix it well > cooker
-lmao4/8

serve with rice.

fucking forgot again, add the soy and vinegar in as well before the 4/8.

spiced lamb

>diced lamb shoulder, ground cinnamon, paprika, crushed coriander seeds, crushed cumin seeds, green lentils, onions, carrots, garlic, chickpeas, lamb stock, coriander leaves, yoghurt

-season and brown lamb, stir in cinnamon, paprika, coriander and cumin and cook for a couple mins until aromatic > cooker
-soften the onions, carrots, and garlic > cooker
-lentils and chickpeas > cooker
-heat stock up, season to taste > cooker
-4/8 every fucking time
-about 15 minutes before cook time ends add in the coriander leaves and stir in the yoghurt

serve with flatbread

Sounds good. I wonder how it would be without the yoghurt. Not a big fan.

yoghurt is more a 'to taste' thing. would be fine without it

Okay this is obviously a joke post but what in the fuck are "deezy dees"?

Cow's tongue.
Add potato, turnips, carrots, onion, green beans, tomato, garlic, salt and pepper.
Only added turnips because I had them from a friend.

I've got two recipes that I like to do a lot, mostly because they're easy.

Pepperoncini Beef
>large hunk of beef, I usually use top round
>large jar of pepperoncinis
>salt + pepper

Set it on High and fuggedaboutit for 10ish hours. I normally cook up some egg noodles to go with it, since I always seem to have some of those around.

Cranberry Meatballs
>1 bag of frozen meatballs
>1 can of whole berry cranberries
>1 jar of Heinz chili sauce

Fill the chili sauce bottle up with water and dump it in with it, and then turn it on High and let it cook for at least 3 to 4 hours. I stir it about every 45 minutes or so, but I'm not even sure if that's necessary. I make them when I have people over and they're always completely devoured by the time everyone leaves.

Would it work with other beef cuts? Never been a fan of offal

Well, it's slow cooking... not really going to matter if you change out the cut of meat. Give the tongue a go though, you might just enjoy it. Also if you're using another cut, chances are there might be a better recipe for it.

Meatballs sound top, will definitely be trying this.

Guinness/cider for a slow cook recipe is 9/10 times a recipe for success

bumpity bump

Yes, I'll post some recipes for you in a bit

Long story short, I only have self raising flour in my house and I was planning to coat some beef in seasoned flour before searing it.

Also some general beef stew advice would be good.
Went shopping and got celery, onion, carrots, potatoes and some cheap meat. I have pretty much every herb and spice known to man and a cabinet full of canned shit.
Take my hand Veeky Forums and lead me
I'll cook it tomorrow because I won't have anything to do tomorrow. Will post step by step stuff

Apologies, I was going to type some up but then I got called in to cover at work. Here are a couple now:

sticky toffee pudding (serves 8)

>exact measurements for deserts
>200g pitted dates (chopped), 1tsp bicarb of soda, 1tbsp golden syrup, 120g light muscavado sugar, 300g softened butter + extra for greasing, 175g soft dark brown sugar, 2 medium eggs, 175g self raising flour

-cover dates with water in a pan and bring to the boil, add the bicarb of soda to break down the dates a little and simmer for 5 mins. Drain and set aside.
-grease six 150ml ramekins or a large pudding bowl that fits into your cooker in preparation
-for the sauce: syrup, light muscavado sugar and 120g of butter go in a new pan and simmer on a low heat for 10 mins until dissolved. Spoon a little sauce into each ramekin or dump into pudding bowl
-for the sponge, beat together the remaining butter, dark brown sugar, eggs and flour until creamy then stir the dates from earlier in
-pour the sponge mix evenly into the ramekins or the pudding bowl and cover it with foil.
-put the ramekins/bowl into the slow cooker (stack them if you don't have the room) and pour boiling water into the cooker to a depth of a couple centimetres or just less than halfway up your ramekins
-4 high/ 8 low as always

serve with cream or if you're me, enough custard to drown a small dog in. I fucking love custard.

rice pudding (serves 6)

>130g pudding rice, 15g sugar, 120g flaked almonds (toasted), 1 full lemon rind, 1.2 litres full-fat milk

-put the rice into the cooker and stir in the sugar, almond and the lemon rind
-heat the milk in a pan, don't boil it > cooker
-4 high / 8 low as per

add your own flavourings to it if you want. cinnamon, nuts, cocoa or the patricians choice - jam stirred in at the end.

not going to proofread these so hopefully I didn't fuck them up like a couple other ones.

-season and brown the beef in butter, do it in batches if you need to so you don't overcrowd the pan. stir in plain flour if you have it idk what will happen with self raising probably nothing never tried it and then dump it all in the cooker
-pour some beef stock into the pan you browned the beef in and scrape up any residue and bung it all in the slow cooker preferably with some thyme, bay leaf and rosemary
-soften/cook w/e your veg in butter and dump that into the cooker at the start for really soft veg or much later on in the cook if you want them to be firmer
-pretty much every recipe will do 4 hours on high, 8 on low, so set your beef going

if you're feeling up to it you should do some dumplings because that takes it to another level. put some dumplings together and drop them in about 20 minutes or so depending on temperature before it's done. serve with green vegetables. personally I'd save the potatoes for mash because I love a good bit of mash with a pot roast but that's up to you.

cherry cheesecake

>150g digestives, 50g ratafia biscuits, 100g buter, 300g half-fat soft cheese, 200g quark, 150 caster sugar, 1tsp vanilla extract, 3 large eggs (beaten), 1 can of cherries in syrup (drained and dried)

-smash up the biscuits in a bag
-melt the butter in a pan and mix in the biscuit smashings and then press into 8 ramekins
-whisk together the cheeses, sugar, vanilla extract and eggs until smooth and spoon it into the ramekins, leaving a cm gap or so from the rim
-divvy up the cherries between them and cover in foil
-put the ramekins on a rack in the slow cooker and pour in boiling water to a couple cm depth but not past halfway up the ramekins
-4 hours on high/ 8 on low

make with full fat if you want to, serve warm or cold.

Ghetto swedish meatballs

>1 large bag frozen meatballs
>1 large can cream of mushroom soup

Add both to crockpot, add a little water if you're feeling saucey, then cook low for 8 hours or so.

Easy as hell and tastes good.

Thanks user

Try slow cooker lasagna, Alton Brown has a bitchin recipe for it.

what are your general thoughts on the bone broth meme?
I'm going to leave the slow cooker on for 24-36 hours for it

Potato soup for me. Chop up like 10 pounds of potatoes and 1-2 onions. Add a shitload of water and evaporated milk. Season as preferred and let that shit cook. It's fucking simple and tastes great.

peanut chicken

>chicken breast, garlic, thyme, curry powder, lemon juice, onion, tomatoes, green chilli, peanut butter, chicken stock, white rice, peanut oil

-cut the chicken into strips and mix with some peanut oil, garlic (pressed), thyme, curry powder, and lemon juice > fridge to marinate for a couple hours
-soften onion in some more peanut oil > cooker
-tomatoes and chilli > cooker
-blend the peanut butter into the stock by adding a bit at a time > cooker and cook for 1 hour on high
-half way into that cook take the chicken out the fridge so it can warm up
-when 1 hour is up, bung the chicken into the cooker, stir it up then leave it another hour
-after that hour add in the rice and leave it for around another hour/ until the rice and chicken are cooked

serve with lemon and fresh parsley