The biggest scam in the food industry

The biggest scam in the food industry.

you might wanna get that salmon checked out OP it has mold growing out of it

sleep tight, meater

Those are mushrooms.

Mushrooms are a form of mold.

All molds can be fungus, but not all fungus can be molds.

Open a book faggot.

from the thumbnail it looks like a fat snail vomiting

>The biggest scam in the food industry.

You should look at the markup of softdrinks.

>it's almost like people pay for things they don't want to do themselves

what are you, some kind of commie

Mushrooms are the fruiting bodies of a fungus not a mold.

Hiring someone to do a thing you don't want to do yourself costs money
Owning and operating a place in which to do things other people don't want to do themselves also costs money

The real scam is their markup on booze.

I only eat at dive bars.

>You should look at the markup of softdrinks
>Beer

Beer is actually on the lower end. Wine and soda are definitely the number one markups

4x ingredient cost isn't a horrible price to set for a dish especially if people will pay for it.

I only eat alone at wooden stalls in grimy alleyways under the pouring rain

>mixing of ingredients vs a product that has to sit in order to get done

you really think beer has a higher markup than sugar water???

that is not a 40 dollar entree

Beer's good money but it needs time, ingredients and labor which mass produced soft drink does not need.

What a shitty excuse. It's a huge markup for how little effort it takes to make beer

actually only 30% of the price of a item menu is related to the food itself, the rest is because of other costs: staff, rent, maintenance

in usa, the biggest source of money is the drinks

however, the licence can be very expensive (although you can get away without it, if you're chinese)

Where are you getting a piece of salmon for less than 10 bucks?

Is that a fishstick?

Beer takes a lot more effort than wine

That's if you actually know how to cook.

I've run into plenty of people who thought they could make something just as good. It's rare that somebody has that sort of off-the-line talent to just do it at home. The whole format works differently anyways. You have way more time at hope so you can make something extra delicious, Those guys have at most, eight minutes to pull that off it's real, quality food.

*home

Nobody fucking cooks like that at home. Why the hell would you? Next time come with a 15$ cover if you can do it like that all the time.

Eh, or just around it.

A lot of mexican places I go to have drinks that are clearly, mostly tequila but they skirt the law or just don't give a shit.

Don't you ever speak to hubby like that in your fucking life, shit lord. I'll fucking come over to your 3rd world country and pop your testicle.

Softdrinks have a high markup percentage-wise, but I wouldn't really call it a scam. It only costs $2 and is totally optional.

you should see the cost of a liquor license

Mediocre plating desu, especially at that price point.

The liquor licence is the scam.

>thinking food prices in restaurants are a scam
The profit margins in restaurants, especially higher end ones, are razor thin. At a fine dining restaurant if you're hitting 5% you're doing great. In almost any other industry, the profits restaurants make would be unacceptably liw- and yet people still complain incessantly that it's too expensive.

Is that salmon?

Shit's not cheap regardless.

No good restaurant will plate a dish like that.

t. actual chef.

presentation is pretentious though. even in a restaurant setting it feels pretentious; I mean it's one thing to serve something neat and not just slop in on a plate but it's entirely unnecessary to make every plate a little abstract food sculpture.

That doesn't cost 10 dollars to make, that would never be served for 40 dollars and that also looks like pretentious shit. There's plating and then there's pretentious shit.

>have crumbs and shit on the table while youre trying to make dessert at home
>people call you a fat slob

>have crumbs and shit on the table while youre trying to make dessert at a fancy, high end restauraunt.
>people call you an avant garde chef

I'm a full pleb.
I like food for it tastes good and enjoy playing with different textures. But I'm really not into the high-end food industry.

To me, cuisine is not art, nor a life-changing experience. Taste is not a sufficiently developed sense to have that much attention (and costs so much money). Especially as it is ephemeral by nature.

$22.95

oh shit, couple posting is real

white people are bored, put up any kind of show and they will clap and call you genius
it's like that since colosseum arena games

Why do normies keep forcing me to dine at places other than Fazolis? Ree! This is why she lost!

Do flyovers actually think that that's looks like fine dining?

It's not the markup, it's the taxes.

Assuming that's you in the photo, you're damn cute. Also, how do you type with tiny paws?

>I don't understand how paying employees and upkeep costs work.

kek

>the tryhard limited edition beer I like involves a lot more effort than the bum wine I tried once
ftfy

impossible, this site is for virgin bachelors only

that looks retarded

Cheaper to buy 1.25lt of soft drink than the same amount of water in a bottle in plenty of places

Any place that serves polenta for for anything more than $2 to cover the labor is a scam. I don't even care if you put high-quality meat on it. Polenta aka grits are poverty food in the worst sense of the word and have no place being in a restaurant of any description. If you need a starch base use rice or pomme puree.

getting a liquor license in mass is a nightmare, each town literally gives out 2 a year then automatically says no to any new business. We have a vineyard that had two and was selling it's product at it's restaurant on premise, and was told they could only have one, either sell someone else;s product in your restaurant, or close it down, or stop making wine.

My man, what are you trying to say?

>not high fructose corn syrup
>try again

>something that is basically just sugar syrup is linked to diabetes and obesity
IMPOSSIBLE! MUST be big GMO looking to give us all cancer!