Why don't you go vegan?

Why don't you go vegan?

Because I'm not a punk bitch.

Because I don't care about the animals and meat is tasty to me.

Find me something that has a better taste, texture, smell etc than meat and I'll eat that instead.

My Dad's steaks are fucking delicious, screw off. I ain't gonna eat lettuce 24/7.

(Lettuce is actually kinda good tho. But still...fuck off.)

Let me just eat some KALE MacLachlan

I am a biochemist and former vegan (for two non-consecutive years). Allow me to preface this by saying- I feel a huge amount of compassion for animals, and I've cried more than once about having to kill to eat.

When I was a vegan in 2008, I felt extremely weak after about a month, and by the end of the year, I felt like death every day. I was 13 at the time but I knew the one thing I'd changed was my diet, and I was craving meat severely, so I went back to an animal-supplemented diet for several years. Better armed with nutritional knowledge, I attempted veganism again for a year when I was 19. I hit my macros, took D3 and B12, and supplemented with EFA/ALA's. By the end of the year, I was unable to function. I couldnt think straight, lost all physical stamina, was constantly exhausted. I saw my physician, did some labs, and found out my cholesterol was in the toilet. We did more labs and that was the only level that was off.

Unfortunately hypocholestemia is not studied because it is virtually unheard of- you have to be a vegan to get levels that low. After exhausting all the diagnoses that could explain why I couldn't function, I started eating meat and butter again. Within a week I was back to normal, could think clearly, felt strong and well. Though the mechanisms are not entirely understood yet, the human body requires cholesterol to function. It is known that low cholesterol correlates with depression. I wasn't getting adequate omega-3's either, and my brain had nothing to repair itself with- so it stopped working. Veganism is not a viable option for people who wish to retain 100% of their capacity to function. You can get by on a vegan diet, the body is designed to survive starvation and poor conditions for a very long time- but if you want to LIVE, to THRIVE, to not be depressed and sluggish and weak, and have your brain working at half-capacity, you have to consume animal products

I'm double carnist - I only eat meats that come from animals that are also exclusuvely fed meat.

>Kyle will NEVER be your bf
why live

lol haha :-)

: - )

ALL.

: - ) ALL

my niggas
the ride ends this week :(

(captcha: la costera coopers)

I don't want it to end. It's been so great watching it live with /tpg/ and freaking out over every LYNCHing.

>can't even eat cheese as a vegan

Vegans are shit

Plants are cleansing foods, for washing out the body. Animals are building foods, for building your bones and cells. If you just clean all the time, you will be weak because you're just washing yourself out. If you just build all the time, you will never get rid of the junk that comes with building, and you will get sick. So you must alternate between a cleansing diet (even better is fasting) and a building diet. Veganism complements eating meat, and vice versa, opposites, yet symbiotic. Yin and yang.

I don't hate myself.

I'm glad I have Monday off, because I'm probably watching 17 & 18 twice.

So why did you put so much effort into making veganism work? Moral principle? If so, did you abandon that principle after realising you needed animal products? Seems like a weird position to be in

My love for milk, cheese and textured protein.

Half decent vegan alternatives exists, but far too expensive.

fuck they are allready out, ive just seen episode 14

david lunch lol

Eat what makes you happy, even if it takes 20 years off your life.

My grandpa lived until age 93. From age 70 to 93, he just wished he was dead and could join his late wife. Most of his friends passed on. He was unable to move, shit, pee, or shower by himself. He had no dignity left and was constantly verbally abused by state assigned caretakers who didn't give a shit.

My grandpa just wanted to die. It was the saddest and most heart breaking thing I've ever seen.

Being a vegan just so you can live longer and suffer alone for 20 years before you die is like living in hell on earth.

>My grandpa lived until age 93. From age 70 to 93, he just wished he was dead and could join his late wife. Most of his friends passed on. He was unable to move, shit, pee, or shower by himself. He had no dignity left and was constantly verbally abused by state assigned caretakers who didn't give a shit.
>My grandpa just wanted to die. It was the saddest and most heart breaking thing I've ever seen.
>Being a vegan just so you can live longer and suffer alone for 20 years before you die is like living in hell on earth.

This hit home for me. My father is only in his late 70's but my mother passed early and he has almost no friends left alive. It's almost unbearable watching him live out his loneliness waiting to die for another 15 years.

We need to invent some type of VR or AR to make late stage life as meaningful as early or mid life.

>So why did you put so much effort into making veganism work?
Because in my framework of existence, animals are essentially people. They think, feel, have complex social structures, and grieve the deaths of their relatives.
>did you abandon that principle after realising you needed animal products?
I'm not stupid enough to make myself sick so that other creatures can live, that's no life for me. A biological reality doesn't erase the other biological reality that animals experience complex emotions. Now, what I do is eat food that's sourced from animals who live happily, uncaged, on farms, and who are slaughtered as gently as is possible, away from their families.

>Being a vegan just so you can live longer and suffer alone for 20 years before you die is like living in hell on earth.

hear hear! I don't understand why the misguided Vegan kids choose to make their own lives miserable in the name of longer life when they're 80.

Mmmm chicken

>animals are essentially people

And people are animals. And animals eat animals. That's Life. Deal with it snowflake.

Go starve yourself and save us the bullshit rhetoric.

If you're willing to make such a deliberate effort to not harm other sentient beings you end up living in perpetual guilt just by virtue of being a participant in contemporary industrial society I would think.

So all of this Vegan self doubt and self hatred and self abstinence from meat is just because Vegans can't deal with the fact that Humans are animals, and not Gods special little gift to the universe?

lol. Yes little vegans. We are animals. We eat other animals.

Not eating animals doesn't make you special. It makes you defective in the "natural world".

Do you read lol

>participant in contemporary industrial society
what makes you think this
i buy meat exclusively from local farmers who treat the animals well

>what makes you think this
You're posting on the internet. That means you have a PC, tablet, or smartphone and are using some kind of internet service. Doesn't get any more contemporary industrial than that.

Years of farm work has taught me that animals are not people, they are animals. My attempts at understanding advanced philosophy, while largely a failure, has left a few key impressions like "dont try to apply morals and ethics to things with neither morals nor ethics." Animals are cute, sure, but they have no capacity for innovation, culture, resisting base instincts etc. Most of the time the attempt to raise animals to humanities level from an ethical standpoint results in the vegan lowering themselves to cattle instead.

That said, buy free range, it tastes better when the animal eats and lives the way our Christian Lord intended.

What said.

Also, you probably wear clothes, use some form of transportation, pay taxes to a military industrial complex, et cetera.

If you worry by the harm you're inflicting on the world there are way more ways in which you are complicit in causing vast amounts of suffering, human and animal.

meat tastes nice
eggs taste nice
milk tastes nice
cheese tastes nice
fish tastes nice

most vegan food is just shitty carbs

unsaturated fat is used to synthesize cholesterol your body needs. if you had eaten a fucking avocado you would still be vegan instead of spouting your broscience.

why would you blindly assume that i'm not aware of the issues associated with mass consumption of products... you're trying to teach someone you know next to nothing about the issues of the world, with no regard to who i am and what my perceptual framework is, or what i do. satisfy your need for hierarchal social dominance elsewhere

no, actually, it isn't.

bring me the article where we proved that and i'll be shocked

>why would you blindly assume that i'm not aware of the issues associated with mass consumption of products
The question was not were you aware of the issue. The question was whether or not you are a "participant in contemporary industrial society ". The fact that you are using the internet indicates that yes, you are exactly that.

>>you're trying to teach someone you know next to nothing about the issues of the world,
Nah, I'm just a gammar sperg who saw a silly statement being made and I refuted it. Nothing more, nothing less.

furthermore, avocados actually INHIBIT the uptake of cholesterol.

you have autism

You just asked me 'what makes you think I'm participating in contemporary industrial society' on the fucking internet. That made me thing you we're quite unaware of what I was talking about.

I know enough about you to know that you don't live a life of stone age hunting and gathering though, as I can infer by merely talking to you. Which makes you very much complicit in a lot of death and destruction.

But my point was, if you're were willing to try to curb your meat consumption for the sake of reducing your infliction of suffering, a consistent approach would be trying to reduce your infliction of suffering in other ways as well, and radically so if the only reason you returned to the consumption of animal products was actual self-harm.

If a Vegan REALLY tried to live up to their Bull Shit animal ethics, they'd end up curled up in a ball in the corner of their room realizing how much of a fucking hypocrite they are.

The human species didn't evolve just so you can be full of yourself just because you don't eat meat. Our ancestors learned how to hunt from experience just to put food in their stomachs to live another day. Imagine if you sent a vegan from the future to the past during caveman. Now picture them coming back from a hunt and splitting the meat evenly to the tribe. Seattle Vegan doesn't eat his share. What do you think they'd do? They'd take his meat and say "fuck you, I risked my life for this shit, you'll just die then. Go eat your plants." No imagine present day. A hard working father is making steaks on the grill to treat his family, while his edgy son says "I'm vegan dad..I can't eat that!!" what do you think his response would be? Case in point. This is why I don't go vegan.

Veganism is a meme

Yeah, that's kind of my implicit point.

It is inconsistent to make an extreme (and also extremely vocal and fanatical, often so) commitment in one particular way of doing harm but in the meanwhile putting not merely as much effort in other aspects.

I tried to go vegan, and I followed all the rules. I got all my calories and macro nutrients. After a few months I felt so weak and so tired that my husband insisted I had to eat a steak. I already have low iron (I'm a woman) but the lack of meat based iron was slowly killing me.
I tried it multiple times, but failed each time. At one point I was so tired that I was sleeping 12 hours a night. It's not sustainable.

>After a few months I felt so weak and so tired that my husband insisted I had to eat a steak. I already have low iron (I'm a woman) but the lack of meat based iron was slowly killing me.

I bet you were a real pleasant person to deal with during that time. : )

Just be glad your husband actually stuck with your vegan ass and didn't leave you for somebody more pleasant.

If vegan is so healthy, how come babies and toddlers die when their cunt sjw parents give them nothing but greenery?

Also B12. Vegan is not normal. End of discussion.

Twin peaks is such a reddit show

>why do babies die if theyre fed literally one thing?

Couldn't possibly imagine why

>not normal
But driving your tricycle to pay for tendies at Jack in the Box is?

No, that's Rick and Morty.

Reddit shows:
>rick and Morty
>twin peaks
>game of thrones
>breaking bad
>walking dead
>dr who

>driving your tricycle
my mom takes me you dumb faggot

longer life isn't at all the reason most people go vegan. it's about having a healthier life now.

What's so bad about being a redditor anyway? Reddit's pretty useful for certain things. They're also more in tune with current events, and you can easily filter out all the far left stuff.

If you have to ask, you have to leave

time to go back to REEEEEEEEddit, senpai

>reddit
>far left

lol

it has nothing to do with politics, it's about how they view politics. r/TheDonald is way worse than other parts of reddit

i dont know what youre trying to prove.
i dont know what youre trying to prove.
I See. thanks

Veganism is the NWO diet

I have no idea what half of these words mean

really makes me sad seeing how many of you guys dismiss veganism. veganism is by far one of the healthiest ways to live in the modern world. modern meat/dairy is so unhealthy. you can still get decent fresh fruit/vegetables at a grocery store

I don't call myself a vegan or limit my choices. But I rarely eat meat, dairy, or processed foods. I listen to my body as I eat things and use my brain to know which ones I like and which one just melts out my ass

I call my religion personal preference, it is a great competitor to veganism

I like meat and it's irresponsible when you understand how the balance of nature works.

Why don't you check these numbers?

There's nothing wrong with it. Veeky Forums and reddit both have their uses.

Thank you! Jesus! What I wanted to hear lol.

Autists on this site just need their scapegoat and the flavour of the month scapegoat is reddit.

Vegetarian? Maybe. Vegan? No.
Very easy to go days bulking up on greens with a little bit of dairy or an egg, and I often do due to health/calorie reasons. Vegan is a lot of restrictions with no real benifit. I already source my meats from local farms that treat the animals well (more flavor and nutrients that way anyways) so what more would I need to do? Vegans are never satisfied with just themselves, therefore never with me as well. Pointless.

>irresponsible when you understand how the balance of nature works.

That's not true in hunting for meat when you follow the regulations. Those regulations are set based on the animal populations and projected hunting pressure in given areas and hunting in fact becomes an important factor in maintaining a proper balance. I would agree that deplorable factory farms are abhorrent and that's why I'll only purchase meat from responsible farmers who place an emphasis on the welfare of the animal. And you know what? Just like game, it tastes much better than meat raised in hellholes.

That's a pretty good bait.
Even midfags could get caught.

Being a vegan doesn't just mean longer life, it means more of this life is spent being healthy and vigorous and not being a living corpse.

If you are suffering now, don't go vegan - just acquire a gun (or climb a skyscrapper) and let it go. There is no honor in existing, in keeping on going - it's a crab bucket thing created by those who have no personal achievements to feel less bad than those who had the willpower to stop deluding self.
If you aren't suffering, being vegan will keep you from suffering for longer.

meat taste good, animals aren't people, and world hunger is a political problem.

> the flavour of the month scapegoat is reddit.
that's such a reddit thing to say it's impossible that you aren't from there.

makes sense, i appreciate your forthrightness
t. vegan

You body synthesizes cholesterol from simple carbohydrates, you dunce.

You sound like a new-age Facebook mom. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard

We already did. Hes being punished by the state for war crimes. You're his digitally constructed disappointment.

Because it's retarded. Vegetarianism I can understand, but veganism is just stupid. Domestic cows need to be milked, chickens lay eggs anyway, bees create honey as a biproduct. If one cares about animals, he can just buy milk, eggs and such from a trusted source

Sometimes I forget to desu

>Vitamins and nutriens = spiritual magic

wew

>Domestic cows need to be milked, chickens lay eggs anyway
How retarded do you have to be not to see the problems with that logic?
>wage slaves need to work, so it's OK to have them work in slavery-tier environment
>child workers need to work, so it's OK to have them die in sweatshops

I enjoy full variety in food too much to commit to more than the days that I fast from animal products as advised by my religious teachings.

Also, I don't want to look like I'm constantly on the verge of death.