Pasta won't fit in pot

pasta won't fit in pot
now what?

we're gonna need a bigger pot

kys

Get it fucking boiling, mongoloid, and push it down as the half in the water softens. Stir it a bit once it's all submerged and it will be fine.

Next time put it in a blender until it's roughly 1/8th inch pieces of pasta. Works every time.

turned out well at least

Water, nice and cold

I know people are very divided on this issue but just break it in half

>Putting pasta into cold water

You can't hide Jack, we know it's you.

Was that a pun? I like it if it was intentional

Break your fucking neck in half.

There is no division. Never fucking post here again.

>water needs to be boiling
>take the pasta in both of your hands
>hold over the middle of the pot then twist and release
>walk away
Pasta will neatly fall around the edges of the pot and fall into the water itself and it will be perfect everytime

>inb4 muh even cooking

Not that user, but there is. North Italians let it boil "whole", whereas most Italians south of Rome break pasta in half before cooking it.
source: native Italian

prove it

>whereas most Italians south of Rome

When I visited Italy I was told that there were no real Italians living south of Rome.

You need at least a gallon of water for pasta. That's nowhere near enough.

And the water needs to be at a rapid boil.

>not enough water

You're retarded

Long pasta is shit anyways.

Like i said, there is no division.

A quart in a small pot is enough for one portion if you aren't an idiot

not if you're using it with long egg

Only an idiot would use that small an amount of water to boil pasta in.

It's all about minimizing the temp drop when you add the pasta to the boiling water, and also making sure the pasta doesn't stick together when boiling. You get superior results the more water you have.

Can it be done with one quart? Sure. But why would you want to do that when you get better texture with a larger amount of water?

mah niggga

won't the noodles be cooked unevenly then?

This man knows his shit. At least more than you fucking morons.

>
>Next time put it in a blender until it's roughly 1/8th inch pieces of pasta. Works every time.
I've been a professional chef for twenty years and this is the best option

seven hells, is this a serious post?

Hey, I'm not the one who's baffled by how to cook fucking pasta.

Water temp has nothing to do with cooking dry pasta.....you can toss pasta in cold water and turn the heat on, when its done its done (time will be a bit different). Absolutely no difference in taste or texture with dry pasta. Fresh stuff is different though.

>herp derp

Put water in pot
Break pasta in half
Put basta in said pot
Add salt
Add vinager
Ad oil so it wont stick together
Bring to a boil
Serve.
Ta-daa

>(time will be a bit different)
That's the whole point. If you are consistent in always starting with a full boil and you maintain that boil with a large volume of water then your cooking time becomes precisely known. If you just fuck around with any 'ol temp then you have no idea how long cooking might take.

>Ad oil so it wont stick together
Why do retards do this? Is it one of those things that they learned and never bothered to question?

Oil floating on top of boiling pasta water does very little other than create a fire hazard if the pot were to boil over.

>>but muh noodles will stick together
you WANT the noodles to be sticky so that they hold the sauce. If your noodles stick together in some nasty clump then you are either using too little water, not a strong enough boil, or both.

>Break pasta in half

Stopped reading instantly.

And Italians south of Rome are all filthy criminal degenerates, so there you have it

Cut it in half.

I break it in half, because I'm a filthy degenerate.

Wowee, this is bait.

I do this literally every time. People just cut up their noodles half the time anyway.

How you do to get that ramen all straight?

fuck you

You must be literally retarded.

When water boils the oil in the watee moves around veey fast and it gets between every strand of pasta. This prevents them from sticking to each other. For better results, put a whole stick of butter in there instead of oil.

Kill youself

>and it gets between every strand of pasta
Why would I want that? I want my sauce to stick to it, not slide off.

>>whole stick of butter
Sounds like a great way to waste butter AND make my pasta less desirable.

More proof that Southern Italy is subhuman.

>seven hells

I knew a guy who would always cook spaghetti in a fry pan. It always seemed weird to me, but I don't know why more people don't do it.

my mother is a great cook but she does this everytime and it absolutely enrages me