One egg, bacon, and American cheese on a hard roll

One egg, bacon, and American cheese on a hard roll.

Give me a more perfect, definitive, iconic, NON-corporate breakfast sandwich.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R4J1seTHAMU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

For me it's the McSausage Egg and Cheese Biscuit, the very best fast food breakfast sandwich.

>replace the bacon with sausage
>remove the cheese
Done.

>remove cheese
vegan-tier decision

Cheese doesn't go well with breakfast sausage in my opinion.

that's pretty much the definition of breakfast sandwich

but why does yours have fried chicken?

I want my egg over easy, not darker than the bacon and not on a hamburger bun. english muffin or home made buttermilk biscuit for me

Replace with bagel

One egg, bacon, and American cheese on a bagel.

depends on the cheese tbqfhwyf
also ur gay

mini pancake
maple syrup
egg
sausage
mini pancake

>yum

>also ur gay
That was uncalled for.

that sandwich looks depressing

Same sandwich but replace cheese with cheddar and the hard roll with fried bread.

Hard roll, two eggs American cheese and taylor ham.

>cooked starch
>encasing savory filling
>to make it a convenient finger food
it's a sandwich
>that filling is tsukudani or tuna salad
it's perfect for breakfast along with a sip and a couple seven stars
>it's iconic
you can still trigger half of with the words "jelly donut"
>it's non-corporate
literally last night's leftovers clumped up in a ball

sounds like it qualifies to me

That's not the Sausage McGriddle.

BEC is a classic. So is an SEC. Every bodega in NYC makes them. In Parts of NJ and PA they do it with pork roll, which is kind of a fun variant.

>In parts

Its the whole fucking state.

It's some real mystery meat, but it makes a good breakfast sandwich.

It was made 'invented' in the late 1850's and was marketed as a ham product, but the FDA in 1906 said they couldn't call it ham because there wasn't enough ham in it to sell it as such so they changed the name to pork roll.

Although I suppose a hot dog isn't much different.

>not spending an extra .50ยข and getting a SOBO

>scrambled egg
>not a fried egg bursting with yolk, saturating the bread

Pls go.

>using American cheese
>at all
American cheese on anything is significantly worse than no cheese at all. That's some piss-poor taste you have there friendo. The best breakfast sandwich is a buttermilk biscuit with a slice of country ham and a little honey.

>American cheese on anything is significantly worse than no cheese at all.

Not necessarily.

In my opinion that is objectively incorrect.

Bagel is more carbs than I'm ready to face most mornings
>American cheese on anything is significantly worse than no cheese at all
I agree in every situation EXCEPT a bodega breakfast sandwich.

The cheese ruins the egg, meat+egg is a combo that doesn't accept third wheels

I second this as a native New Yorker. When I was wicked poor I'd go plain old Buttered Roll style for $1

I had a roommate who insisted Taylor Ham (pork roll) was the godliest of breakfast meats. He finally had his mom bring some from jersey. Shit is basically bologna

>a native New Yorker
>wicked

Go back to Boston, you fuckin' mick.

You're right that it will ruin the majority of foods you put it on, but it's actually the best cheese for burgers, and goes pretty well on a few other specific foods as well.

>Shit is basically bologna
People get attached to trashy regional breakfast stuff. I've got family from Philly who have since moved away, and whenever they visit relatives there come back with pans of scrapple. And I've known folks who couldn't drive through Ohio without stopping to buy some goetta. Or the South without getting biscuits and gravy. People love trashy breakfast meat products. And it isn't just Americans. Look at the Brits with their sausage rolls and black puddings, the Irish with white pudding and the Scots with haggis.

Even cheap Swiss or cheddar are better cheeses for burgers. Come on man.

There is one type of american cheese that is flavorless and holds its shape when "melted", and that's the kind mcdonalds uses. it's incredible but you can't buy it at a store, every other american cheese tastes too strong

Pork roll egg and cheese on a kaiser bun

>>is flavorless
>>its incredible
pick one.

>>every other american cheese tastes too strong
Dear lord, American is among the mildest cheeses known. How bland do you like your burger such that you are even afraid of that?

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo

>NON-corporate
>American cheese

K

Maybe something where the egg hasn't been fried to rubbery crap?

>Even cheap Swiss or cheddar are better cheeses for burgers
Only if you like sweating cheese that solidifies in a gross gel like substance and doesn't stay melted.

>american cheese

>American cheese on anything is significantly worse than no cheese at all.
That's just plain not true.

Real American cheese (not the shit that's labeled "cheese product") is not bad at all.

It's perfectly fine for grilled cheeses, breakfast sandwiches, and burgers.

It melts really well and has a nice creamy, mild flavor.

>Real American cheese (not the shit that's labeled "cheese product") is not bad at all.
There is very little difference between the two. It's just the proportion of whey and milk used compared to cheese that gives it one designation or the other.

>Real American cheese (not the shit that's labeled "cheese product") is not bad at all.
It is, though. It's a cheap, bland, low rent cheddar. No reason to eat it if good cheddar is available.
>It melts really well
That it does, which explains its popularity on trashy dishes. Heat it just a little and it turns into a low rent cheese sauce for zero effort.
>nice creamy, mild flavor.
It tastes like poverty.

Do you have some issues you wanna talk about, champ?

>Stick some strawberries in front of the block of American cheese; it'll help.

Oh Wisconsin, you so crazy!

>It is, though. It's a cheap, bland, low rent cheddar. No reason to eat it if good cheddar is available.
They're completely different in texture and significantly different in flavor
>That it does, which explains its popularity on trashy dishes. Heat it just a little and it turns into a low rent cheese sauce for zero effort.
Meaningless venting. Calm down.
>It tastes like poverty.
Meaningless venting. Calm down.

Definitive list:
>1. Chicken Fried Steak on biscuit (with pepper gravy)
>2. 5oz Ribeye on bagel or fresh roll (grilled onions)
>3. Country Fried Chicken biscuit (with pepper gravy)
>4. shredded marinated steak or carnitas burrito (pico de gallo, scrambled eggs, sour cream, possibly black beans)
>5. Maple/Spicy Hormel Lil' Sizzlers cooked crisp on the outside on toast
>6. Bacon (thick cut) Lettuce Tomato (w/ mayo) on toast
>7. Spicy Jimmy Dean or Country Farm breakfast sausage patty on croissant/biscuit (with gravy)
power gap
>50-60 Hardeez breakfast menu (if you have no ability to get decent fare)
power gap
>1,000,000,000: anything from McYuck or other shti-tier fast food hellholes

>No reason to eat it if good cheddar is available.
It's cheaper, and it's good enough for certain applications that I don't feel the need to waste expensive cheddar.

I'll save my good cheddar to eat with some pretzels or crackers so I can appreciate its flavor on its own.

If you're made of money though, then by all means, smoke 'em if you got 'em.

I'm American, so I have some childhood nostalgia for trashy American poverty tier food. I love an SEC from a bodega some morning when I'm in a rush and feel like slumming it. But there's no way I'd argue that American cheese is actually good. You're right that it works on burgers, grilled cheese and breakfast sandwiches. But compared to any other cheese you could put it up against it loses out. So you can't call it good. It's like a squishy white bread bun. You can make a lot of delicious things with it, but you can't really say it's good because it sucks compared to any other kind of roll.

>It's cheaper, and it's good enough for certain applications
Living in the US it's on you how far down that road you allow yourself to go. It ends at wifey material level dishes and TV dinners. We all draw our lines in the sand somewhere or that's where you end up..

>We all draw our lines in the sand somewhere or that's where you end up..
Okay dude thanks for the advice. Are you done now?

>mfw dealing with burger snobs

youtube.com/watch?v=R4J1seTHAMU

Protip: nothing makes people more angry than telling them to calm down.

"This cheeselike substance is perfect."
Even Tony wouldn't consider it cheese, let alone good cheese.

:^)

yes, but the point is it's still the best cheese for a burger

I always like him, personality wise.

Then I grew up and I can see through his self righteous hipster bullshit and his willingness to push Marxist subversion and blatant misinformation about the over all state and true culture of the nations and people he goes to.

Parts Unknown really opened my eyes about how blatantly anti-american and culturally subversive even mundane travel/food shows have become.
It's like there's nowhere left that hasn't been penetrated by their lies.

For a fast food burger, sure. But that doesn't make it good cheese. Ground chuck is the best beef to make a fast food burger out of, but that doesn't make it a good cut of beef.

Croissant or biscuit is the superior breakfast bread

Jesus

>Jesus
Sorry bro, I'm not Mexican, or a cultist.

>blatantly anti-american and culturally subversive
That has a lot to do with how one perceives America and its culture. A black and white view of it is a little simplistic. This nation has done a lot of great things and produced some amazing cultural artifacts. But it was also built on genocide and slavery, and runs its economy on constant warfare. And our agricultural system is really fucked up. At the end of the day American culture is a really mixed bag, not something anyone can claim to be as simple as good or bad.

>But it was also built on genocide and slavery
kys

Who did Americans successfully genocide?

>But it was also built on genocide and slavery

Name a single country in existence that doesn't exist out of the misery or death of some group of people.

>runs its economy on constant warfare
Blame the federal reserve. The Middle East is a shitshow and I am under no illusions of how much the feuding between the US and Russia/China has destabilized that region beyond repair, but I genuinely cannot imagine a world where China reigns as its sole super power. I love America, but hate its government with a furious passion, yet I still consider it a lesser evil compared to what else we could have ended up with.

It's still a work in progress.

History is always full of ugly shit. Those who would have everyone ignore that are usually the same folks planning on doing their own really ugly shit.

>by all credible anthropological estimates there are more people on the US census that claim Native American ancestry than there were in North America before the first settlers arrived

>103 blacks for every African brought to the US during the period of the Atlantic Slave trade (a little under 400,000; now 40 million)

>more than 6 million jews (60% of their total world population and rivaling that of Israel)

Population of sub Saharan African in 1500
>34 million
Population in 1700
>approx. 80 million
Population today
>approx. 1 billion
>30x the population as before colonization
>at no point did the population cease to increase
>multiplied 5x over in the last 50 years
>UN projects a further 5-6x population multiplication over the next 50 years at the current trend

Whitey failed pretty hard at this genocide thing.

There seems to be more of all the people who were 'genocided' than when he started.

>Whitey failed pretty hard at this genocide thing.
Now he just locks them up in for profit prisons.

white bread
hot sauce
fried egg over easy
2 bacon strips
buttered white bread
2 bacon strips
fried egg over easy
white bread

I'm still not buying the water filters, Alex.

But is it true?

Best I've made:
Make white bread french toast, set aside.
Fry bacon, set aside.
Fry ham, set aside.
Fry split link sausage, set aside.
Take french toast, add egg, bacon, ham, sausage and cheese, put it in pan till cheese melts. Add mayo to non-cheese side.
Enjoy right before heart-attack.

2 eggs, Portuguese chourico, salt, pepper, on a toasted bagel with a tiny bit of butter just to give it a little moisture.
GOML.

>Switching bacon for sausage
Filthy pleb detected