>do you add anything
>how often do you drink

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gfjgISRI5E4
youtube.com/watch?v=heX2ai9H5eY
youtube.com/watch?v=_yFhSat3u8Q
m.youtube.com/watch?v=gfjgISRI5E4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I just started trying to get into whiskey, I've only tried a few. I like this and Jameson the best so far.

That one isn't bad, nothing amazing though. Had (I believe) the 18 some time last year at a whiskey night with some coworkers.

That one isn't bad either but there are better choices in its price range. Bulleit is on par with it and a lot cheaper, if you're into rye-y bourbons. Jameson is a great irish if you just want to drink a lot imo, it tastes bretty good and goes down smooth

I'm more of a rum guy myself, but I quite like pic related for the price (for all the hate JB gets this particular bottle is pretty good).

Jim Beam is my current go-to. I'll get Devil's Cut if Piggly Woggly has it stocked. Just bought a bottle of Red Stag to try but maybe later this weekend or next week.

I'm fond of the red stag but the cherry flavour doesn't always have the appeal you're after. Makes a bottle last longer, and as long as you have something else to drink when you're after a different flavour you won't get sick of and regret it.

>Japan perfects whiskey
>they won't do the same with wines or vodka

Why?

>vodka
>just fermented rice or potatoes
Wine I'm not sure. Probably a climate thing. But vodka, I mean come on.

>Hanzo gives McCree shit for liking whiskey over saki, complaining that he has an unsophisticated palette
Wow, great research Blizz, uninstall.

my two favorites right now are this

and this.

>why do you like whiskey over other alcohol

The flavor. I'm not big on cocktails, and a good whiskey is better than any other booze straight, imo.

>do you add anything

Not usually, and if I do its a single ice cube.

>how often do you drink

Basically everyday. I usually have at least a beer or glass of wine with dinner, and a whisky while I read before bed. I only allow myself to get drunk on Friday/Saturdays

The age statement Japanese whiskeys are getting crazy expensive. Try the Hibiki Harmony before splurging on a 12 year. That Yamazaki is beautiful though.
LOVE the Coffey Grain. To me it's closer to a high end pot still Irish whiskey than scotch.

I've had the Coffey Malt, but not the Grain. I thought it was pretty good. Is the Grain worth trying?

Yeah, I don't really go for Japanese stuff because of the price. Plenty of bourbon or scotch I'd rather just stick with at a friendlier dollar sign.

Right now, I have Blanton's, Highland Park 12, and Jameson Black Barrel in my bar. I like them all quite a bit. I don't really have a favorite yet - still trying new things.
Other stuff either is too sweet or has an aftertaste I'm not a huge fan of. I do like nice beer though. I'm also a sucker for a Moscow Mules.
>do you add anything
With bourbons or ryes like Bulliet or MM. I like an Old Fashioned or some similar cocktail every now and then. A local place got me liking a bourbon/ginger liquer/orange bitters on the rocks drink.
>how often do you drink
I have like 2-3 whisky's during the week and like 4-6 beers on the weekend.

I haven't tried the malt, but the grain is fantastic. It's one of the few that I make sure to continually have stocked in my wet bar.

It's only 2 gingers for me.
It was made to be marketed to women, im a man but I like it

GET HIBIKI 12 NOT HIBIKI HARMONY user

Please, trust my decade of liquor store experience the harmony is bullshit the Japanese are selling to us in exchange for all of our sick-ass Jim beam whiskey.

The 12 is being discontinued because it's too good for white devil's, don't fuck with the harmony is trash my bretheren

Quite like hibiki.
Just bought a bottle the other day actually.
Worth the price

Whiskey is an overhyped poor-mans schnaps.

>your favorite whiskey

I can't drink spirits anymore because I'm a fucktard and the nice ones are expensive.

I like lagavullin, talisker, highland park, old pulteney and bunnahabhain......of the blends I liked black bottle, isle of sky 8 and johnnie walker green.

of american whiskeys I liked elijah craig 12, buffalo trace and eagle rare.

I'm scottish....so its mandatory to like whisky without the "e"

>do you add anything
I used to try adding a dash of water to see if it changed the flavour profile.....i'd never add ice, soda etc
>how often do you drink

I still drink daily...just not spirits

I live in Japan.

Hibiki is genuinely great. It's got notes of white chocolate and honey. I gave a bottle to a friend for Christmas. I wouldn't drink it alone. It's something you would share with others. I haven't tried the other two bottles in your picture.

If you want to get into Japanese whisky, I recommend Suntory White. It's cheap and really smooth. Kirin Fuji-sanroku is similar in price but it has more of a kick to it. I tried Koshu but didn't like it. I don't know why Japan likes blended whisky so much.

Cheap widespread availability of the aged stuff was phased out in Japan even earlier than the rest of the world. They simply didn't put enough of it away 12 years ago, since no one saw the demand coming.

Wines are climate-related, and vodka is treated as a substitute for cheap shochu as cocktail filler rather than a serious thing in itself.
I'm surprised there's been no real effort toward rum, with the significantly lower stigma against low-test mixed drinks for men or hard liquor for women.

>like scotch a lot
>live in Utah
>super limited quantity, only the cheapest releases of the biggest brands available
>all liquor is taxed to hell, especially imported shit
>a bottle of HP12 is 90 dollars
>Japanese whisky is nowhere to be found
>only American Malt whisky I can find tastes like shit
It just Eagle Rare for me here I guess. I really should move.

Can't drink anything else now :/

Pass the whiskey.

This is my new favorite. Has anybody tried this? I have no idea how available it is nationwide. A fried let me try a glass of it over the weekend and I loved it, and I usually don't like straight alcohol. It was smooth all the way to the finish, almost no burn and was slightly sweet. Almost had a creamy sort of feel. I haven't tried many higher end bourbons though.

I'm moving to Utah in a month.
Are the liquor stores really that's bad?
Maybe I'll stop being an alcoholic

They have a stand for it at my local now, must be a promotion.

They don't even distill most of the liquor in the bottle. They buy from a factory distillery in Indiana, then they just blend some of there own with it.
It's a scam.
Tastes good though

Lol I think they are promoting it, that's why he let me try it. He got the bottle for free.

Have any similar recommendations?

Not who you asked, but a similarly priced bourbon I like is Maker's 46. It's spicy, creamy, and relatively smooth. Woodford Reserve is also very nice.

If you're willing to spend $15-20 more, Blanton's is pretty good. I haven't tried that many bourbons pricier than it though.

Blanton's is one of my favorites, it's definitely the best available in most liquor stores.
I do like the taste of High West, I just hate that it's a big phoney with a pretty label.

Aged rums work just like whisky user, but theres less of a demand for those in the U.S and globally.

Save up your liquor money and take a trip and while on the trip buy 500$ worth of liquor.

It's illegal to bring liquor from another state into Utah

If you have easy access to a liquor store and like bourbon a lot it isn't too terrible. Wine stores have better liquor inventory than regular liquor stores for more obscure spirits. The biggest problems for me are imported liquor prices, high point beer prices, and bar laws (no cocktails over 2.5 abv are allowed). The craft beer scene here is actually greqt if you avoid grocery store and tap. Utah's also about to roll about the stricted blood alcohol level driving laws in the nation so keep that in mind.

and?
What you have some police gonna kick in your door or something?

all those whiskey's in your pic are fucking great for the price

Do they stop you at the border?

Oh and also, since liquor is state regulated, everything is sold at suggested retail + taxes so limited quantity stuff that gets sold at insane prices in other states is relatively cheap here.

Also, I meant 2.5 oz for cocktails not abv

Awesome, doesn't sound too bad. I really enjoy uinta brewing.
I heard about those new dui laws, I'm definitely gonna cut down my public drinking now.
Thanks for the response user

I don't want to get fined, or have my booze confiscated

I think the only states that stop you at the border is commiefornia and maybe some Northeastern hell-hole.

Again
are some police gonna kick in your door
You gonna get stopped on the road back?

I'm pretty new to whisky myself. I've had scotch, irish, and japanese (mars iwai is pretty good)

I'd like to try Canadian rye for my next bottle, but heard terrible things about canadian whiskeys in general. Still, I've been eyeing 1910. anyone try it?

white Americans think their public servants are omnipotent as opposed to the lazy fucks they really are. it comes from watching all those cop dramas

I dont understand white people being afraid of cops. I have never once had a bad experience with a cop. they are quite accommodating and give quite the benefit of doubt.

Dude have you seen those sovereign citizen videos, some of those guys are crazy.

People sperg out over the littlest of things. A cop is generally #1 worried about their safety. You remain calm, and they remain calm. They check your identification (or should, I dunno about fucking utah might be illegal there because mexicants), your vehicle registration to identify that its your vehicle etc. Run the plates and run you to make sure you aren't a felon on the loose.

My nikka

Yeah I like campfire bourbon. Its spicy.

You misspelled sake and palate.

Also,
>giving Blizzard money
>ever

Fuck you

Is woodford reserve a good bourbon?

Yes.

Thanks.

My Utah niggas. You're mostly right about poor availability even at state wine stores, I mostly only get high west, eagle rare, and buffalo trace. The liquor store close to my house in SLC had bottles of ketel one on sale for 19.99 so I snapped those up last week. You guys like red rock brewery? The Eliphino is my favorite even though it's hipster bait.

I had two fingers of Johnnie Walker Blue last month. Cost $45. Really good though.

Earlier in the night, I had some of this stuff. They had a bunch of different whiskey shots with a beer for $5. The best shooting whiskey I ever had.

Last time I had Elephino I wasn't a huge fan, but that was a while ago, and I wasn't as big on IPAs then so I'll be sure to try it again soon.

I don't normally drink whiskey, but when I do I prefer a spicey meata ball

I need to try this. I've had a few different types of whiskey, and the Irish ones have been the best by far. No idea why scotch fans go crazy for the flavour of burnt peat.

Drinking this tonight

Glengoyne is severely underrated

If you could feed people with shit taste your post would end world hunger.

That mellow colour is so fucking aesthetically pleasing.

It looks a bit darker in real life.

>pewdiepie starting a whiskey thread on Veeky Forums

i got suntory toki because i live in cucktario and that's all i can ever find

haven't opened it yet
can't decide to start on it tonight or just have a cold beer

Teacher's>>famous grouse>>>>>>>>grants>tesco's special reserve>whyte and mackay> bells.

could be worse

I liked some Nikka whiskey I had. Like a better Scotch.

(note I'm determining "shit-tier" as anything under £20 and "blended" as grain/malt blends)

1) Black bottle....quite like the new bottling, preferred the old one
2)Isle of skye 8.....sort of like a cheap highland park. Don't let anyone tell you it has loadsa talisker in it...it doesn't
3) Teacher's highland cream.....was shit for a while....then good..then bad....was good last time I drank it (raymond carver used to drink lots of it)
4)famous grouse (mellow grouse is better than original grouse which is better than black grouse which used to be better than all of them)
20)Tesco's special reserve
200)grants....all variations
2000)Whyte and mackay....pure shite. tastes like cheap guilt, regret, airfix glue......the "sherried" one has a nose of stale cum to it
9000) Bells. dire

do the japs make anything peaty? I enjoy a few of there faux scotches, would like to try their take on an islay.

Canadian whiskey has a few competing definitions, hence the less than great reputation.

since no one commented I went ahead and got a bottle. had to resist going for another bottle of the Japanese whiskey. It turned out ok. I mean, good sipping, but a bit bland to be honest. If this is yhe best Canada has to offer I'll stick to european and Japanese offerings

Makers 46 is my fav for the price
Idk why I like it better than say vodka or rum, it just tastes better to me. Plus the burn is pleasant after a long day.
If I'm drinking straight whiskey a splash of water actually helps. Something about the whiskey tannin chemicals are repellant to water, so adding water pushes the tannins to the surface and makes more contact with your tongue. Otherwise Coke is the best mixer
I drink pretty much every weekend

are you sure you didn't just watch this on pewdiepie's channel?

Pic related is my every day drink. Tastes amazing and if you don't believe me you should look at all the reviews around that put it on par with pappy. I'm on a first name basis with the owner of my local liquor store and he always sets 2 cases aside for me when it comes in.

why's he talking about whisky....... his viewers are tweens

>3) Teacher's highland cream.....was shit for a while....then good..then bad....was good last time I drank it (raymond carver used to drink lots of it)

I've got a bottle of this at the moment. Never tried scotch before (Irish whiskey is usually my thing) so I don't know how to judge it. The smokiness is definitely not what I'm used to. I've read stuff where people criticise Teacher's over the past couple of years for having less smoke. Not sure whether they've returned the whisky to how it used to be, or whether I'm noticing it because I'm not used to scotch.

Is he browsing this thread?

youtube.com/watch?v=gfjgISRI5E4

Nah, he only browses ylyl threads on /wsg/ and /pol/.

Michael lam and ralfy, back in the day, were the best whisky reviewers....youtube fucked up when they monetised content and kikes like pewdeepie started niggering up the place.

youtube.com/watch?v=heX2ai9H5eY

youtube.com/watch?v=_yFhSat3u8Q

Are you supposed to drink whiskey with or without any snacks? I debating whether to end my night drinking straight whiskey or with some japanese shelled peanuts

i like this bottle

Is Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit a direct upgrade from standard Wild Turkey? What about Rare Breed?

I really like the apple, how is fire?

not the biggest fan of fireball b/c it's really heavyand syrupy imo

Are those the ones with the chili coating?
>Japanese
But they're so incredibly common.
Also pistachios are the superior nut.

it will put some lead in your pencil

drank this for years. always reeked of whiskey. switched to vodka so no one gives me a look unless I slur my words or stumble.

How is it? Glengoyne 10 is the best whisky for the price here in Georgia.

Was just thinking the same. Dude probably has a decent amount of free time, and we know he comes here.
He seems like an alright dude once all of the entertaining kids for money schtick gets dropped.
I'd hang out with him.
Maybe he'd let me root his girl.

Irish whiskey is so fucking sweet. How can you fuckers stand that shit?

You should check out

i'd set his beard on fire and lecture him about being a disgraceful, talentless manchild.

the id fuck up his pets

>Picks dumb overpriced nip whiskies

He really is a moron

It's pretty great. I've not tried the 10 but the 15 is very rich, with a lovely sherry sweetness.

Nikka is the shit.

If you're used to wine, it's useful gateway whiskey.

Favorite is probably pic related.
I enjoy whisky and vodka over all liquors but I probably drink wine more than anything else.
Usually take an icecube in my whisky, I will get a scotch and dry at low-end pubs or whiskey sour at cocktail bars.
Rarely drink alone apart from wine with dinner, but I go to client meetings and social events for work maybe once a fortnight where I'll drink socially.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=gfjgISRI5E4

drinking goals

Just tried this yesterday and ended up really liking it. I'll probably buy a bottle soon.