Fml

gettin dickered and cookin food things, pop a squat and lets frig shit up!

this thread is for anyone to post a cook-along, bake-along, drink-along, pickle-along or OC food/drink pics, post your meals or what ever if you dont want to make or use another thread

last thread >struggle edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9GQDXjIkSWo
youtu.be/EA8JNk7IMJ8
youtu.be/89n0tKLmGz4
youtu.be/dpIoMpo3Dd4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

so the grocery stores around here dont have a very nice selection at the moment so im making due with whats convenient

>very rare Dracula patti

You have your kitty its very own kitchen table mat?

hey man, ive probably missed it, but how many beers do you kill during your cooking sessions? Just out of curiosity, no malice.

lol its a pillow case i dont like and she likes it

really depends man, sometimes a few sometimes more, tonight im still on hurricane vaca so not tryin to be shy tonight

gonna make some tex mex style nachos i think

Hey, I'll jump in with this! Making some cheap-ass BBQ chicken at the moment. Gonna post my cooking pot since it seems pretty rare on Veeky Forums, it's called an Instant Pot, it's basically a pressure cooker with extra utility. Gonna saute the chicken in here for a bit before closing the lid and pressure cooking.

why is your cat screaming

fuck my life I don't know why every picture I post gets turned on its side

Here we go with the sauce ingredients. Pretty basic shit but it comes out pretty good usually, next time I might add Worcester sauce.

Mix all that shit up while the chicken cooks and then ladle a bunch of it over the chicken. At this point I'm gonna turn off the saute mode and set it to cook for 10 minutes, and put the lid on.

While that's going I'm gonna turn my oven broiler on high, prep a baking sheet with tinfoil, and thicken the rest of the sauce in a pan on the stove.

Hope you and Patti are safe op.

jelly of that there contraption

she is a demon

>dat hungarian paprika

were all good m8, i feel for the people that got fucked over but this whole thing has been a nice comfy vaca for me desu

making some chips

these are the best chips ive ever made

that garlic jar is dope as hell

thx my mom gave it to me its probs at least 40 years old

ok now imma try to make some real deal holifield refried beans

When u nutt but she keep succ

lol

first step of refried beans: lard

got some garlic, jalepeno, cumin and ancho chili powder in there, and salt and pepper

is good

making some hurricane guac, which means i couldnt find cilantro

"refried" derived from french word meaning boiled and pureed

so refrying beans is not a thing and were never a thing.

it's 5 am which means time for the most important meal of the day

im tempted to put them back in the skillet and fry them a second time but im going to refrain because im too lazy for that jibba jabba

this meat was labeled carne para tacos, which translates to taco meat, pretty neat lol how mysterious

dumped like 1.5 scoops of whey protein in and poured this flat berry fanta over it that my girlfriend left here. waste not want not

all mixed up! i love an efficient meal too

it was pretty much tolerable. not as exciting a story as i had hoped

5/5 recipe for functioning as sustenance

2/5 for taste

4/5 convenience because i couldn't be assed to mix the protein all the way in

but that's just my rating, im open to opinions

what kind of alcohol was in it?

mise en place

Those look good, OP. Recently had some nachos from a place that makes unusually thick tortilla chips. They are definitely fried and I believe are made from flour tortillas. Could two tortillas be stuck together and then fried successfully into a chip? You know, just layered on top of each other and fried. Not sure if something to stick them together is needed.

If you could find it in your heart to try this for me and post the results, a hundred internet blessings will come your way and I'll probably post some OC.

I think making my own tortillas and chips when I do Tex Mex is the next step but the chips look like they have quite a bit of time involved. Are they that good home made, OP?

NO cilantro in guac? Not sure how I feel about this. Also interesting that you used a red onion, I've always used white when I make mine. Also also, put those pepper seeds right back in there.

How'd it turn out sans cilantro, what else did you put in spice-wise? I like some cumin and cayenne with way too much garlic and cilantro.

Looking delicious.

Drinking protein shakes usually indicates someone's trying to be healthy in some way, but then you went and mixed it with Fanta?

¡ariba!

the chips are definately restaruant quality, the stores are raped right now cuz of the flooding yada yada i couldnt get any of the groceries i wanted, cant even find a pint of milk or eggs shit is whack, guac was still good i keep it basic salt and pepper

Whats the water level around where you live OP

damn this looks nice as fuck

c u t e

I would probably do gay shit to live with you op, Not gonna lie.

Also not gay, Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I'm seriously considering getting one of these. Does it save you a lot pic time? Overall worth it? Great looking meal btw, I'm gonna make something like it soon.

I'd do gay shit with the cat cause its so cutee

Dude. How. How do you keep making it look like there's an alligator in the thumbnail? This is like the fifth time. I can't help but feel like you're fucking with me. Come clean.

Glad to see you're above water dickered.

Pinched it better this time, bit I forgot to do the cuts before the final proof so they came out kinda small. Also braised some chuck with red wine and tater mash.

Cute. How are the Doc and Maria doing?

Money shot, this one's 1/3 whole meal flour.

From last thread I'm not really sure what a flan is, but I think it's different from a souffle.

Also I'm sure you know this but all sprouts are microwave sprouts. Literally any veggie you'd steam can be mic'd and it comes out better than steaming.

yo OP post some more houston musak for the homies. Parties i'm at still pop when i throw on the swishahouse Throwback Freestyle i got in this thread

Made a PB, apple, & cheese panini because of user in some other thread. Was surprisingly good; will add to rotation.

>I forgot to do the cuts before the final proof so they came out kinda small
I forget to score about half the loaves I bake.
Mmmhmm looks chewy as fuck.

OP IS ALIVE AND SAFE

I made some cookies. Some were without chocolate chips because a person likes them that way.

Also, made baguettes today. I tried to egg wash but it didn't work so well. Should've done a bit more research and added more water to eggs. It tasted a little eggy on top but I already ate 2 of 4.

Insides.

Nice looking bread user. I just wanna dig my finger in that and rip out that soft inside. Looks like perfect stew bread.

Man they look pro. Did you flatten the dough then roll it up or how do you get the shape?

Made some fried ravioli in a spicy cream tomato sauce for my father's birthday. It's the only meal I make that he actually compliments or gets excited for so I figured it was appropriate.

He then sent a picture of it to my brother who recently moved across the country and my brother immediately called and cussed me out demanding the recipe, since it was his favorite too.

Never ever.

you want to live with an alcoholic and a cat?
i feel like this is something you could arrange fairly easily

that is the first batch ive made that i was actually satisfied with so im no expert, but i would assume they are making thicker tortillas probably, the tortillas tend to separate when they get in the oil so not sure how to stick them together. my favorite chips are foldy-overs so im going to try to make a whole batch of foldy-overs next time, god tier dippers

lol everything was comfy for me and the gang, unfortunately there were some really unlucky people and animals. my friends coworker/friend died trying to save a kitter :( rip andrew

thx

:)

if i had a nickel for every time i hear that

looks more like a walrus to me m8

cozy/10

flan is like mexican custard, also GIGA PUDDI

gotcha senpai
youtu.be/9GQDXjIkSWo
youtu.be/EA8JNk7IMJ8
youtu.be/89n0tKLmGz4
youtu.be/dpIoMpo3Dd4

this looks gnar as fuck m8

i want cookies

dank

wew lad, i have 3 cats

ive never had fried 'iolis, might need to do something about that, let me hold dat recipe i am not you brother i swear ;^)

so its been like a week at least since i had a burger and the 'merican in me is about to choke a bitch

gonna attempt to turn these odd mexican steaks into a burger

So long as no one in my immediate circle has my recipes, I'm more than fine giving them out. My self deprecative personality insists that my cooking is half the reason people interact with me.

Once I'm off work I'll post it up.

>this reddit thread
Cringe every fucking time

i will totes take that recipe lol

wow are you an oldfag lol

ok this is actually pretty decent it seems

This is the best thread on Veeky Forums. People can casually post OC without fear of autistic screaming
Pic is some steak and cheese arachini I made yesterday on request for a friends birthday

Money shot
Ffs why do all my pics come out sideways

yum it looks good even sideways

The recipe as written uses store bought ravioli and tomato sauce base. I've gone through the hassle of making my own ravioli in the past, as well as my own tomato sauce base and, in my opinion, the effort is not worth the result.

No one I served it to could tell the difference and I was really hard pressed to notice it myself.

Any variety of filling should work fine with the ravioli but in my experience meat filling pairs best.

As written, the recipe ends up pretty spicy, the way my family likes it. Adjust the cayenne and pepper flakes to however you see fit. I've done as little as a teaspoon each to a ridiculous 4 tablespoons each for my insane cousins.

Depending on how much ravioli you actually use, you'll likely end up with some leftover sauce which goes great on burgers, hotdogs, sandwiches, and I've even just used it as a chip dip.

never heard of these very interesting

so i asked the donut lady if she had stale donuts and she slipped me a few under the table

hit the spot boy i tell u hwut

You're gonna have a cardiac one of these days, OP.

Glad you and Patti are okay OP :)

thanks im gonna make the shit out of this

love you op!

I cut the dough into four pieces and shape em into a squarish block to proof for 10 minutes more.

Then I try and fold it on top of itself and roll it out. Then it proofs another 30 on the pan. It was more round when I started. I think next time I'll do the 30 min proof off the pan and reshape one more time.

OP i fucked up my cast iron pan's seasoning. Shit always sticks to it and black specks go on the food I make in it. How do I fix this? You're always using cast iron.

>comes on a cooking thread to complain about cooking

Stick pan in oven. Run self-clean cycle. That will strip all the old seasoning off. Then re-season it.

If your oven doesn't have a self-clean cycle then spray down the skillet with oven cleaner to strip the seasoning off. Then re-season.

Why you have brussel sprouts for every meal?

That happens to me too. I'd post more in these but the only way I know how to fix it (editing the photo real quick) is too annoying to do for every picture :(

what type of cat is patti op? so cute

this looks dope m80

what is that color of cat called? i had a few of them as pets, and they were all strays. whats it called?

Tabby i think

Thanks. Im surprised I didnt know what tabby meant. It's such a common word.

I hope it treats you well.

Thank you very much.

I've got the house to myself for the weekend and I'm half tempted to put together another meal. Hawaiian macaroni salad sounds nice but I'm unsure what I'd like to go with it. Maybe a skirt steak sandwich.

Cat-tax possibly related.

Can u pls stop posting pictures of my cat

looks good user

Whenever my mom makes chocolate chip cookies, she makes one without chips for herself. I have never been allowed to eat that cookie, so I have no idea what chip-less cookies are like.

Does everyone in this thread have a tabby cat? Is that what draws us here?

>my friends coworker/friend died trying to save a kitter :( rip andrew

That sounds like something I would do. My kitters are everything to me.

OP i have that same rig

No I have best cat

And best cat no2

Tabby is the pattern, Patti is a brown tabby.

Its basically fried and stuffed risotto balls
Kinda tedious to make, but you can make them ahead of time to frying so theyre also sort of convient in a way
Thanks guys

My cat and my roomates cat are faggots. But I still love them

Can I make love to ur faggot roommate

i have cardiac all the time m8

thx

saved thx

I just scrub it with a scrub pad with no soap, make sure not to burn off the seasoning and make sure to use oil when i cook with it, sometimes it takes some use to get a nice season on it, i also never really use it for stuff like eggs that might stick real bad

>not having brussel sprouts for every meal

she is just a fat cat i found by a dumpster, dont really know much about cat genetics

:3interesting

lol mines a copy from dhgates

Fresh from the oven.

Looks great. I need to get a dutch oven and a lame.

Mine just came out too but it looks like shit compared to yours. The crust is really crusty though. Should've proofed on the parchment paper instead of trying to move the dough. Lost its shape.

looks good. kind reminds me of the aliken faces suckker thing

are the holes good or bad and why?

I'm about to try a new rye bread tomororw cause I just ate my last slices today