Lettuce on sandwich

Is lettuce on a sandwich the biggest culinary meme of our time?

There are so many better veggies to top a sandwich with besides this flavorless, watery trash. It doesn't even add a pleasant texture, it's just filler brought over from an older, less bountiful time where you couldn't choose from such a wide variety of tasty veggies to top your sandwich with, including but not limited to: cucumber, pickles, jalapeno, sweet/spicy pickled peppers, sauerkraut, coleslaw, bean sprouts, spinach. The list goes on and on.

If you put lettuce on your sandwiches in 2017, you're probably a bad person and I don't like you.

It's okay, we can't all live outside the US. I understand you user, I'd be angry to if my lettuce had no flavor.

I'm sure Muhammed's sperm really gives the lettuce a sweet, nuanced flavor, you obsessed cunt.

But back in reality, I'm specifically referring to iceberg lettuce.

this, it's so sad that some people in the world will never enjoy create lettuce because it's simply not available or affordable. The world is unfair.

I love BLTs OP so step off. I do hate lettuce on a burger though. Whenever I'm in a diner situation and deluxe means fries I ask that they not bother with the lettuce and tomato because I won't eat them. Usually it's on the plate anyway and unless the tomato is perfect it goes in the trash. I'll even eat the limp paper cup of slaw before that shit

>BLTs

The non-sandwich. You might as well be eating air. Bacon is a topping, a compliment to another protein, not the star of the show. Get that shit out of here.

it stops the bread getting all soaked with tomato juice, coleslaw etc

couldn't a layer of a thick condiment like mustard or mayo serve the same purpose?

It's crispy. You can replace it with anything that's crispy.

> not respecting a proper patricians sandwich

yum
now I'm craving subway

I can see people not liking iceberg, and it might just be psychological, but I like the taste of it. On sandwiches or on tacos (not in burritos though) if it's missing it's still good, but different. When you get just a lettuce, tomato, and pepper sandwich, god damn

the only good alternative you listed is cucumber

iceberg lettuce has no nutritional value

replace with baby spinach, it tastes the same

>to another protein

Drink bleach

it does not taste the same.

Did I hurt your fee fees, little boy? Sorry I insulted your sandwich for toddlers.

There used to be this literal autist in my study hall that said this anytime my teacher ate a sandwich in study hall

Its not even true. Shut the fuck up

People who refer to foods as proteins or carbs or are miserable pieces of shit worse than any filthy kike in this universe

Please give me your address

Christ, mind the autism, you little bitch. Do you also get upset when people refer to your mother as a cum dumpster instead of a woman?

1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500

Come fight me on my lawn, you little fuck. I will destroy you.

>fee fees
only niggresses say this

I personally enjoy iceberg for the texture. Iceberg + potato chips go in all my san's these days

>another protein

>pickles
>jalapeno
>sweet/spicy pickled peppers
>sauerkraut

You don't always want strong and particular flavors with your sandwich, though I agree these are overall superior toppings. Lettuce is there for the refreshing watery crunch it provides

>cucumber
>bean sprouts
straight trash

>coleslaw
Literally shredded lettuce with about a pound of mayo. ????

>spinach
Basically the same thing as lettuce

>straight trash

Trash opinion. Cucumbers and bean sprouts provide the "watery crunch" you're so fond of, while adding subtle flavor of their own.

>Literally shredded lettuce with about a pound of mayo. ????

Try leaving flyover-ville sometime.

>Basically the same thing as lettuce
Except, you know, actually having nutritional value and not just a watery mess.

>Cucumbers and bean sprouts provide the "watery crunch" you're so fond of, while adding subtle flavor of their own.

cucumber's """"subtle flavor"""" is ass and lettuce is not there to provide a subtle flavor in the first place

bean sprouts ruin the texture of every dish they touch

>>Literally shredded lettuce with about a pound of mayo. ????
>Try leaving flyover-ville sometime.

That is unironically what coleslaw is

>spinach
>nutritional value

muh vitamin A

eat meat instead dipshit

>cucumber's """"subtle flavor"""" is ass and lettuce is not there to provide a subtle flavor in the first place
>bean sprouts ruin the texture of every dish they touch

Sorry to hear that you have the palette of a child.

>That is unironically what coleslaw is

No, it unironically isn't, you fat fuck. It is made from cabbage first of all (a non-trash vegetable), and the dressing in no way requires mayonnaise as a base, let alone a "pound" of it.

>muh vitamin A

[Raw spinach] is a rich source (20% or more of the Daily Value, DV) of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, magnesium, manganese, iron and folate (table). Spinach is a good source (10-19% of DV) of the B vitamins riboflavin and vitamin B6, vitamin E, calcium, potassium, and dietary fiber.

>eat meat instead dipshit

eat my meat, homo

>lettuce has no flavor

Wow, how do Americans manage to grow produce that has no flavor...

produce produce

I've spent entire months in Europe, mostly in the UK, Germany, Italy, and Hungary.

You're absolutely full of shit.

spinach does not give you the crunch that lettuce does.

Nah I prefer lettuce unless i'm making a cucumber sandwich. Pickles and jalapeno belong on burgers. Sweet pickles taste terrible, sauerkraut is for hotdogs, coleslaw is it's own side dish. Bean sprouts belong on ramen and spinach is better used in other dishes rather than a sandwich.

Also I hate hipster tryhards like you so were even

>BLT
better without the lettuce though, so I don't disagree on that point. Just need bacon, tomato, and mayo.

I hate lettuce. it's just a shitty leaf that tastes like crunchy water. if I want to eat a leaf I'll eat good tasting ones like basil or cilantro and if I want my food to be crunchy I'll deep fry it.

b-but muh 'muuurican, muh flavorluss food, bix nood