Baked Beans

What is your favourite baked beans recipe Veeky Forums ?
Molases y&n?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W_6RgolSB0M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Im thinkin about thos beans

With chipotle and maple syrup. Also really chunky with onions and peppers and stuff.

Basically chili but whatever.

maple syrup? wot, but isnt that like, sweet?

All baked beans are sweet.

Baked beans are disgusting

no, they are not you filthy american
Back in my country i NEVER added anything sugar to muh beans.
when my parents first heard that they wanted to penetrate my asshole with a baked bean shaped dildo for this kind of heresy

Open can - eat cold

no wtf canned, jesus

I made a batch from dry, soaked overnite great northerns pressure cooked for 30 minutes and then put in a 225F smoker for 5 hours and moved to a 400F oven for 3 hours and they were still hard. Plan on fucking 12 hours. Those things were made for frontier fucks who cooked them when they had a fire going 24/7 in their sod house and looking out for muh redskins, the racial hatred flavor of the day.

German here - I visited the Southern US and they had the most amazing baked beans I ever ate in my entire life.
I cannot get anything like that here.
If i buy baked beans with a (bland) tomato sauce, how do i season them (from scratch) to taste like authentic southern style bbq baked beans?
I asked a friend and she said "just add brown sugar", but that can't be all, right?

Probably lots of worcestershire sauce, mustard, barbecue sauce? Cans of baked beans are cheap, look up some recipes and experiment.

Also butter (or any other fat). Makes everything better, and canned beans generally have hardly any fat at all.

Then go talk about it on a Veeky Forums in YOUR fucked up country, but here, baked beans are often made sweet, and they're fucking delicious.

Now piss off, brat.

Achtung!

Check out this dudes vid: youtube.com/watch?v=W_6RgolSB0M

He shows how he modifies average store bought beans to the get different flavors.

If the beans you had were smoky and sweet, then they either made them with a smoked meat, like bacon or pork, or added a smoky flavored BBQ sauce and brown sugar.

My favorite are the southern style BBQ beans, but even the damn yankee styles are pretty good.

The only shit-tier baked beans I've had were British....not that that would surprise anyone.

For me it's HP, the best baked beans.

This.

I don't know where to ask this at this time but help me Veeky Forums
Can you put a tin of baked beans in the oven and if so how long do they take? Just a tin like this

Yes, you can put it in the oven. Homeless people put them directly in the coals of a fire all the time. You should probably peel the paper off the outside first, because it might catch fire. As for cook time, fuck if I know. Just keep an eye on it and look for bubbles.

For me, it's red beans and rice...

Is there any chance they'll be done within 10 minutes or nah? Microwave is usually a couple of mins if that

Probably. Just make sure you open the tin before you bake it okay? Also don't try this if it has a plastic coating inside the can.

I didn't really plan on just shoving the whole tin in there
I just meant I usually place my Beans in the microwave, since it's quick, but wondered if they'd take much longer if I placed them in the oven instead

Do Americans really need HFCS to eat beans?

Fish and chips and beans on toast are your country's only contribution to food

user, I'm always looking to improve my read beans and rice, can you give me your recipe? I use an overly basic one that is good, but not great.

if you add molasses you are a fat fuck and should kys

>I asked a friend and she said "just add brown sugar", but that can't be all, right?
take can of pork and beans, add brown sugar, onion, and ketchup. bake in the oven while you grill your burgers.

Thanks you all.
I just made a batch and it tasted alright, except i used a bit too much brown sugar.. it ended up quite sweet.
And i made grilled chicken breast with it, not hamburgers

maple syrup > molases/brown sugar

>high fructose corn syrup
>better than natural sugars

Wew, your flight just get in?

Adding barbecue dry rub seasoning to beans is pretty common practice.

I don't wanna be picky but, given the fact that millions and millions of cans of baked beans are sold daily in the uk, why aren't they baked?

What do you mean?

An old American hobo trick was to dent the side of the can before putting it next to the fire. When the dent popped out the beans were hot. Be careful opening the can or you will be sprayed with hot liquid.

i prefer pork and beans, less sweet. and big chunks of pork fat!!! want to make it at home.