Anyone else think al dente is gross and would rather just have fully cooked pasta?

Anyone else think al dente is gross and would rather just have fully cooked pasta?

yo don't eat it al dente

you cook it in the water until al dente and then finish it off in the pan you're cooking the rest of the dish so it absorbs all the yummy yummies

so to answer your question, yes i think it's gross too

I'm not sure whether you're right or not since I'm not sure exactly what al dente is, but pasta definitely needs somewhat of a firm bite to it when served. More so than ramen, udon etc.

>Anyone else think al dente is gross and would rather just have fully cooked pasta?
I'm sure there are other twelve year olds on this board that share your opinion.

this but you boil it a little less than al dente and bring it to al dente in the yummies.

>you cook it in the water until al dente and then finish it off in the pan
>finish it off

just an observation... you do realize how funny does this sound? finish it off? as in finish a man off? you know what that would mean sexually?

If you use shitty pleb tier pasta, like most spaghetti that can be found in most supermarkets (Barilla is barely passable and definitely overrated even in Italy), or any of that whole grain bullshit, then there's a very slight difference between severely undercooked and disgusting mush

This is the truth. If you don't buy pasta made in Italy from durum wheat, it's impossible to cook properly al dente. It will either be hard in the centre or soft throughout. Pasta should be soft, not hard, but with a firm, springy bite to it.

>he doesn't bring his pasta to sexual completion before consumption
Pleb

Afraid I don't follow, kind sir

WEW ITS LIKE FLYOVER CAPITAL OF THE WORLD IN THIS THREAD

Can't relate, I'm not underage or American

Fully cooked pasta ? Is this how you call overcooked pasta in burgerland ?

ha ha then you SLURP on a NOODLE
have you really thought about what a noodle is shaped like
and the implications that this has
what about meatballs!

I'm not sure what brand you guys use, but my pasta comes out fine. You just have to tweak the time until you hit that sweet spot, since the time on the box is invariably too long.

>either underage or a woman trying to "fit in"

>either underage or a woman trying to "fit in"
>fit in
just an observation... you do realize how funny does this sound? fit in? as in fit a penis in a hole? you know what that would mean sexually?

Keek

same fag

I am the first but not the second or third