Pre-Hispanic edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mruUpBdGUQA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

goat stew

corn mush

Pozole!

bugs and dirt?

Shit went down hill when the Spanish killed them all. It was tacos and salsa all the way after that

Zapote ice cream

Caldo de Piedra (rock soup) is a Mesoamerican soup, it is cooked using hot rocks

Roasted nopales (cactus)

Deer tacos

Korean girls try Mexican Food

youtube.com/watch?v=mruUpBdGUQA

Huitlacoche, tortillas, bitter chocolate, at ole made of corn masa, turkeys, deer, dog, corn, squash, pumpkin, nopal cactus, a ton of vegetables still in use in Mexican cuisine I can't remember off the top of my head, different crickets, bugs, and larvae, alcohol made of aloe I think, stews and sauces of various sorts, including human stew of sacrificial victims that warriors would ritually eat after war campaigns. There are much better lists out there I remember reading but prehispanic cuisine was highly varied.

nacho bell grande

Ancient Mexicans used to eat a small dog called Techichi, probably the ancestor of Chihuahuas.

SOPA DE ROCAS, UMA DELÍCIA

>onions
>limes
>radishes
>cilantro
>probably garlic in there too

don't think so bud

That's it? That's all the mexican food they tried?

Anyone in Guadalajara know where I can get Escamoles?
I want to try them with olive oil and Parsley after I had some the same way at El Cardenal in Mexico City
>For those who do not know escamoles are ant eggs

Also, I need huauzontle

Not mexican but
>go to el salvador couple years ago
>go to some bumble fuck village in the side of a mountain with no roads, just a soccer field and 3 "King of Fighters" arcade cabinets in a small cement house.
>Friend's family makes real chicken soup (Plucked the feathers this morning)
The broth was so fucking hot but jesus christ it was literally the freshest, tastiest thing I ever ate in my entire life.

>>go to some bumble fuck village in the side of a mountain with no roads, just a soccer field and 3 "King of Fighters" arcade cabinets in a small cement house.
That sounds like the place my mother grew up in, except that the arcade now has GTA. And in such village (El Sitio, Badiraguato. Sinaloa) my grandmother also kills the bird in the morning and makes a stew for mid day

Should this thing become /ourmaplesyrup/?

I find escamoles easily but I live in Hidalgo

I already went to the biggest market here, nothing. it is a bit shit since it is 1/3 taquerías, 1/3 esoteric shit and the remaining 1/3 is for everything else.
Maybe I should scout into smaller markets, God help me on that
But this is Jalisco, Is there is a state with enough Agave is this

The flavor isn't really close to maple. You're better off with just some sorghum syrup.

It spikes your blood sugar too much

how does he manage to levitate the dish in that picture? Is it the gas?

The guy on the left is obviously tossing the dish to the person on the right, you mong

Is that the stuff that tastes like honey?

Pretty good on toast desu

Does anyone have the ACTUAL recipe for the Mayan's chocolate drink? I can only find modern meme versions. Yes, I'm aware it'll be terrible.

Mayan chocolate is sour

What makes you think there is one "the actual recipe"? Like any other dish it's going to vary depending on who made it.

Even if there do exist written recpes from that time period you can bet they will be vague at best. That's certainly the way it is for ancient Roman or Medieval recipes. Very few people bothered to actually record them (remember, the average person had no clue how to read or write), and those surviving recipes we do have are always very vague. They didn't have specific measurements, temperatures, or other things we take for granted in modern recipes. They usually just say stuff like "cook X with Y and add Z".

Well, it's supossed to be just toasted cacao with wathever ingredients they prefered on these times, so ir you find some toasted cacao low on cocoa fat you're ready to go, just mix with water and some nixtamalized masa, and a little of chili for flavor.
t. Just especulating because they used nixtamalized masa on everything, and the use of Chile on the recipe Is widely known.

Turns out i was wrong about the fat and masa on the recipe, according to a some Chile recipes expert.

Yucatan/Mayan food is legit.

stobbit

Vanilla is from the old world tho?

Nope. Brought by Cortez to the new world in the 1500's.

Vanilla is Mesoamerican

Mayan lord drinking chocolate

thoughts on hominy?

Great for pozole

The tradition, or practicality, of cooking or maintaining heat using stoneware is still widely used. I still wouldn't pull this shit without serious precautions; it sounds like creating exploding rock recipe to me.

Guard/alert dog and rations was the running theory last time I checked.

I mean something besides spicy regular hot chocolate. Every recipe I've found is norime-tier sweet chocolate.
Thanks famurai.

It spikes your blood sugar less than say regular syrup because it's mostly fructose. However, your body can't digest fructose properly and so your liver takes the brunt of it. If you want to heavily dose your liver - go right ahead.