Foods You Would Never Try To Make

What are some foods you would never try to make on your own? Either due to unavailability of ingredients, skill you don't have, time you don't want to spend, or something else. What do you refuse to make?

pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tpbo25iBvfU
youtu.be/nvO9CzRxoRI?t=23s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>pho
i don't have time to do the broth. let the restaurants do it.

>sushi
don't have the special tool to roll it up. wouldn't do it anyway

You don't really need anything to roll it up, I made some today using my hands and I came out fine

Dungeness crabs because of that Chesapeake life

anything lmao

Nigirizushi, the best kind of sushi, isn't rolled at all.

Temakizushi is specifically rolled by hand, if you must have a sushi roll.

>foreign words are homosexual

Aww jeeze, am I going to have to send my sauté pan to bible camp?

>seafood
I hate stinking the house up and fuck seafood leftovers
>bbq
I don't own a smoker
>baking
women's work

+1 for not having room for a smoker or ever having the desire to bbq

>time you don't want to spend
This
youtube.com/watch?v=Tpbo25iBvfU

Tonkatsu ramen

beef wellington

i asked my butcher this week & he said whole tenderloins run $140. plus i have to make pastry dough? I hate doing dough and bread.

I hate making pastry too. I just buy it frozen. Makes it fucking simple to make a wellington.

Plus, who the fuck uses a whole tenderloin? Are you trying to serve an army? I've often made them using just a piece of tenderloin. The amount you'd get 2-3 steaks from.

any aged meats

Fried chicken, or anything fried for that matter. Never done it, so im pretty sure ill burn the house down.

What the point? Why not just have all the ingredients separated if you don't want to roll it up like sushi?
Eating rice with fish and veggies on the side seem like a good meal to me.

I hate frying foods
the oil always burns while the food stays raw, and it always has an off flavor. I can also never get breading to work, I don't know how restaurants do it.

anything involving baking cakes and other such smut

Frozen potatoes fry so much better than non frozen. Why bother making them fresh, only to freeze, then fry the next day?

Never? Nothing. Now? Made from scratch breads, rolls, and pastries, candy, any of the difficult offal dishes.

What do you mean "roll it up like sushi"?
Some sushi is hand pressed, some sushi is pressed into a mold and fermented...

Rolled sushi is only one kind of sushi.

>bbq
No grill
>bakery
No oven

I don't think there's anything that I wouldn't cook but I'd never flambé anything.

Too scared I'd set my house on fire.

i don't like eating sweets so i certainly are not going to make sweets.

i have a kitchen aid only for the attachments. grinding sausage and making pasta only.

>What do you mean "roll it up like sushi"
I meant roll it up like sushi.
Are you a bit slow?

>Rolled sushi is only one kind of sushi.
So clearly that's the type of sushi he was referring to

Not completely accurate as I have made french fries at home before, but I would never do it again. Too much of a mess and since I don't have a deep fryer I have to manually monitor the temp. Also I don't fry enough stuff to reuse the oil so its expensive. Twice fried fries with bacon and cheddar are bomb though.

Very little really. I mean there are a handful of ingredients that I'd love to get my hands on and cannot for legal reasons, like whale meat and proper Jinhua ham. There are also a few things I'd like to cook with but are prohibitively expensive, like really high end seafood, or fresh truffles. But 99% of things? I'll do them.

I hunt my own game. I raise chickens and rabbits for meat. I make sausage (including blood sausage). I will gladly take 10+ hours to make my own ramen stock. I deep fry, sous vide, grill, smoke, cure my own meats, stir-fry over a proper wok range, etc.

I don't bake much, but that's really due to a lack of interest more than anything else.

phyllo pastries from scratch. imagine making phyllo dough.....

The point the user was trying to make is that it's stupid to ask "what's the point if it's not rolled up like sushi" when there's several different types of sushi and most AREN'T rolled. It's like saying "what's the point of eating beef if it's not grilled". There's tons of ways to eat beef. Only someone ignorant of that fact would talk like it's the only way to do it.

baby cake. im pro life

What special tool? A sushi mat your can buy at a grocery store for $1?

I think user means one of these things.

youtu.be/nvO9CzRxoRI?t=23s