Is the food stamp challenge even humanly possible?

Is the food stamp challenge even humanly possible?

Why is that even a question? It's only a challenge to white people for their Facebook likes and validations. It's called day to day for the rest of the world.

Can you use the supplemental nutrition assistance program as your sole source of nutrition? Probably

I could live on 29 a week, easy.
I just need 4 weeks food budget in advance so I can buy in bulk
Cheap coffee for breakfast, bologna and cheap turkey deli meats and mayo in a sandwich for lunch and beans and rice for dinner.
If i have money left, I'll buy rotisserie chicken.

Girlfriend gets $360 a month on it because she has a kid.

What family only gets $29 a week? In my state, if you've got kids, you get like $100 per kid or so.

>Deli meat
Look at this fucking high roller.

Food stamps are meant to SUPPLEMENT your food purchases, not be your only way to pay for food.

7 days in a week
3 meals a day
Mcchicken is 1$
I can turn a profit

just bought this

just vegetables and fruit?

There is lettuce in the McChicken

had a doctor apt and was trying to keep my salt to a minimum and alrady had some bread in the freezer that I made

I know you're just foolin, but I did this with bean burritos when tacobell had the 79 cent menu

385 calories a piece. You can eat quite well on those things

i replied to the wrong post. but incidentally, that's only 1400 kcal per day. if you're of average height, that's only enough energy to keep you around 100lbs.

If you're Charlie Kelly, give me 5 dollars and I'll eat for a month.

That's a whole lotta nothing pal.

Ha, the life deciding mangos.
Love 'em.
Why not buy a kilo of bread instead?
Too big for the picture?
Why buy sweet potato?
Why not buy a kilo of regular instead?

That is luxury shit.

When I got it I got $180/month. It didn't last long as I cooked for a total of 3 people. Years and years ago my mother and I lived on EBT $200/month. She supplemented it but then lost her job. We did alright. We are both handy in the kitchen. Even with her being pescaterian we got by.

I eat like a king on $50 a week

>she has a kid

It helps to like limes a lot

>Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
>Supplemental Nutrition Assistance
>Supplemental Nutrition
>Supplemental
The key is in the name. It's mean to supplement your food budget, not BE your food budget.

If you're living on $29 a week why would you buy 7 limes

It's possible to live on $29 a week, but it's boring as all fuck.
Rice, beans, eggs, potatoes, milk, oats, nasty frozen veg. Expiring meat on discount. Tap water for free.
That's it.

Being poor fucking sucks and it's no wonder the ape brain will turn to a $1 McDouble just to break the monotony. Ever seen someone poor post their food stamp cooking? The food is always low quality and gross looking.

ez

Grab a cheap multivitamin, then use the remainder to feast on at least four to five whole chickens

>29$
Since we pay in € where I live, I´ll calculate in €.
This is pretty much what I eat:

Breakfast
rolled oats: 500g 0,39€ 3000g 2,34€
milk: 1000ml 0,69€ 3000ml 2,07€
cocoa powder: 300g 2€ (I assume, and don´t need much)

Lunch:
rice: 1000g 1,99€ 2000g 3,98€
onions 1000g 2,49€
mushrooms 500g 2€

Dinner:
lean quark 500g 0,69€ 15000g 20,70€
alternatively:
potatoes 1000g 1,15€ 2000g 2,30€
sauce 0,49€

With quark 35,58€
with potatos 17,67€

I usually eat that much quark since it contains a shitload of protein and I need it to build up muscle.

What dumb fucks actually think a family is only getting $100 a month on food stamps? I worked at a shelter and saw homeless 14 year olds get over $200 a month in food stamps alone.

Bitches spend their money like shit
Good job spending your whole money on lettuce if you're a poorfag, retard.

Are women retarded?

10 pounds potatoes - $5
1 gallon whole milk - $3.89
1 pound butter - $3.89
24oz steel cut oats - $2.99
20oz wheat bread - $1.68
1 pound peanut butter - $2.49
total - $19.94
calories - 15580 - 2225 per day
fiber - 204 - 29 per day
protein - 483 - 69 per day

I'm sure at this point many folks have
1.) gone to the store and bought all that for maybe $16 tops
2.) found out that the average family receives significantly more in benefits, in my red state people with EBT buy a whole cart with a few basics and a lot of shitty food for $250

>I went to a food pantry today.
Got 3lbs of salmon. Family pack and chicken tiddies and some other 4lb seasoned chicken pack. A tiramisu cake. Some popcorn chips. Peanut butter. Egg noodles. A shit load of tomatoes and apples. 100% Orange juice. And a huge ass meat lovers pizza. A head of butter lettuce and some asain salad pack. And some canned veggies.
>And it fucking cost nothing.
I'm going again next week. This shit is too good. They didn't even question why i was there. I had to stand in line for 45min though with some unfriendly looking people though.

Because it fits the narrative.
The way i love about this is the framing of this whole discussion. 29x4=116 a week. Its assumed you only are to spend 29 a week by yourself.

When i was on it i got 180 a month. I wasnt working much and so i fucking went to sales like no other and fucking made it work. You van save a lot if you try

These people are trying hard to make it look like they actually tried to spend the money wisely.

This is pretty much my diet, except replace oats with brown rice and add onions, chicken breasts, and frozen vegetables. Average weekly food budget is $30.

I too know the privileges of having a wife's son. SNAP is off the hook, no child support, get to spoil a kid and fuck his mom. Shit ain't bad tbqhwyf.

..,and a retron too

the point is that poorfags can still eat enough food on snap

I shop in bulk and milk is way cheaper here.
50 lb bag of potatoes 12 bucks.
milk 1.70 usually, aldis had it for 1.30 once and i bought and froze 10 gallons.
I buy butter in megapacks, real butter for 2 bucks a lb.
Oats I go to a bulk food grocer and buy for a buck a lb.
I buy flour and make my bread, about 60 cents a loaf.
I do enjoy powdered peanut butter which for generic is about 4 bucks a lb. When i go cheap i get non gmo, no preservative peanut butter for about 2 bucks a lb.
Bulk is king.
Also deer meat, god I love deer meat.

>seven limes
>avocado
>fresh herbs
She's clearly retarded and doesn't know how to shop on a budget. Probably used to her husband fronting paying for everything.
That said, I could definitely make that selection last a whole week. As long as I wasn't feeding anyone else.

>eating two kilos of quark per day
nigga what

>3
lardass

>cos lettuce
>avocado
>sweet potato
>fresh herbs
>SEVEN FUCKING LIMES
i want to strangle this bitch

It is when you're not a fucking idiot buying useless and/or overpriced shit.

>Need sustenance to last me for a while
>Buy a lot of leafy green shit

Do you see the problem with where you money went?

Vegetables aren't expensive, but they are not filling, don't last long before spoiling, and are pretty shitty from a nutritional stand point unless consumed in pretty decent quantities.

$29 to last a week?

Go buy sirloin steak that is about to go bad that you can snatch up for $2 a pound. Buy ten steaks at a pound a piece, and a five pound bag of potatoes.

You will eat literally steak and potatoes for a week straight. Full, functioning, and good to go.

Just put the extra meat in a freezer right away and take out what you need for the day the night before.

meant to reply to this guy

i'm poor and i always buy fresh meat (pork fillet, discounted chicken and fish, ground beef) and fresh vegetables. beans, oats, and noodles and the like is just a waste of money. fucking meme foods
rice and potatoes are completely fine. especially potatoes are fantastic. you can boil it, fry it, bake it, mash it. wonderful little thing
i also try to make most things from scratch. i buy the cheapest base ingredients and make my own stuff. it's cheaper and tastier to make your own jam from frozen berries for example.

and fast food is actually pretty expensive if you consider what you're getting. you could buy premium beef for the same money as mcdonalds burgers if you calculate the price/weight. only stupid people fall for that trap

if you don't know how to cook being poor sucks, but if you do it's not so bad.

I really don't get it. Judging by her pic, i count $22

it's probably all organic

>I could live on $30 easy
>just give me $120 to start
oy vey

>Bag Return
That's a thing?

SNAP is issued in monthly allotments. What he is asking for is what he would get.

Welfare office employee here gwyneyh seven limes Paltrow can suck 29 dollars worth of dick. A four person household (2 adults 2 children) and no income receive $649 monthly. That's a lotta limes gwyneth.

While true, it doesn't fit into the spirit of the thread, i.e. anons try to figure out the best and most nutritious way to live on $29 a week

why don't they get jobs?
>muh job market muh lack of skills competition muh unreasonable employers
join the military or go work an oil rig in the dakotas

Whatcha doing with 1.64lbs of garlic?

they give you 5cents for every reusable bag

roasted garlic to eat with crackers and veggies or whatver

>join the military
Age restrictions, health restrictions, etc.
>or go work an oil rig in the dakotas
Lack of skills, no way to pay for your trip up there, health restrictions, age restrictions

fend off the neighbourhood vampires

>the food stamp challenge
Seems to me the spirit is to see if you can live the peasants. When the truth is the peasants have a larger food budget than most.

>it's another "7-lime grocery time" episode

Is that even 2000 calories?

I spent £4.60 today to feed two adults and thats buying everything fresh and making the tomato sauce myself, it would be childs play to stick to challenge if I buy the cheaper ingredients and jarred stuff.

even after looking at that pic over a dozen time or so, I still can't figure out what to cook for a family with all that stuff.

lol how is this even a fucking question? Yeah if you shop at whole paycheck every week and certified fuck you in the ass price organic, no it's not.

If you buy normal shit at walmart, where all that stuff would cost 6 bucks total, yeah it's really doable.

My wife and I spend 50-60 dollars on groceries a week and week steak, chicken, fish, all sorts of expensive shit. If you're buying 7 dollar bags of Cheetos from the gas station, it's probably going to be hard. Similar to if you don't know what rice, beans or potatoes are.

You do realize that someone could have a kid before you start dating them, right?
Enough with the cuck meme.

>doesn't understand what cuck means
Have a (cu/ck/)

He still has ten bucks, which buys a lot of rice, beans, and oatmeal.

A V A C A D O
V
A
C
A
D
O

>buying limes when you're poor
>buying any greens at all
>avocado
literally just more bread, beans, eggs, rice, and you'd be good to go

Which is really a fucked up premise. Most people on snap spend more than 50% of their income on rent alone. When you factor in other necessary bills food is almost nonexistent.

You need a job to pay rent and buy food. You need a car, insurance and gas to get to work. You need elecricity and phone to be reachable for work and hunt for better jobs. You need water and garbage to be sanitary. You need renters insurance in order to rent your shitty expensive apartment.

$.79 a pound Aldi...

Jokes aside I've done this. Made a real simple sauce, got a few whole chickens and just split them in half, had half a chicken for every meal for a while. Not the most wildly nutritious meal but goddamn made me feel like a caveman in the best possible way.

>not trading $200 out of every ebt check to pay yo phone and get yo weave and nails did

Food in that pic would be under $15

>splitting your atoms
Nigga eat that shit whole and unprocessed

>3 dozen eggs for 3.39
>6 pounds of rice for a few bucks more, round up to 8 bucks, can get this cheaper if you have access to an asian grocery store
>2 whole chickens, 10 bucks total, cut into pieces to stretch it out a bit
>6 bucks for fruit, bulk apples are cheap as fuck can get several pounds for 5 bucks here in NY
>Optionally, swap rice out for flour/yeast and make breads and noodles

That's with money to spare for broths/seasonings/snacks/etc. Not the most exciting of meal plans and not even the cheapest, but if you can't live off 29 bucks a week you need to practice your budgeting. Getting full nutritional values might be tough, but if you take your extra couple bucks and get multivitamins that's taken care of too.

Went to one once. All they had was junk food and packs of glutten free tortillas that i just couldnt eat.

They are?

how
many
limes

I eat on 20-30 bucks a week roughly
Though I could spare a lot more, get allocated around 250 a month for food
really depends on what i'm missing, like milk or pasta or whatever
though variations of rice pasta and chicken do get tiring
I dont think I eat enough veggies either, just supplement my meals with mixed salad bags

We already had this fucking post, you retard.

We were able to survive on $20 a week, let alone $29.

Fuck off.

That's what you get for $29 in US of A? That's so fucking expensive. Shit, I could get that for less than $15. Why the brown rice? Just get white rice it's cheaper and them japs been eating them their whole life and they're fine. The whole pic is like a giant meme.

Those veggies are like 5 bucks tops in that pathetic small quantity. For $29 bucks you can get a lot more here and eat properly.

Thats what you get in the United States of Whole Foods hoity toity shit shoppe someone like Gwynneth Paltroe goes to. She probably bought locally sourced organic produce and shit

Jap Rice is it's own kind and unfortunately they don't export any. But you can get some good bulk rices.

gonna need some jelly beans to go with your evaporated milk chicken.

Kek for 15 bucks I could get a sack worth of whole month of rice. It's not shitty rice but actual top of the crop kind.

hey everyone, this post made me laugh audibly

>Buying an advocado and SEVEN limes
Those aren't the type of things you buy when you have no money.
And yeah, you can get a 25lb bag of white rice around me for 25-30$.

I routinely buy about $25 worth of food at acme every weekend for the coming week. It's not hard. They always have buy one get one free for 2 lbs of chicken.

get a load of this commie

Came back from my acme run, got:
>4 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs for $10.20
>1lb bag if frozen broccoli for $2.30
>1 case of diet soda as a weekly treat for $2.99
>two boxes of protein bars for $2.60 each

Really makes you think

So the only nutritional part of that picture is probably the eggs, rice, and beans. Eggs are around $1/dozen currently. I don't know why she felt the need to buy 7 limes which is going to be expensive as fuck, some meme miniature tortilla wraps which is also going to be expensive as fuck, and is that an Avocado? Knowing the current avocado prices, she likely spent around $1.33 just for that. So no, I don't feel bad for anyone that buys this garbage. They are retards. Learn to shop. The micronutrient profile between vegetables is not that diverse. You're just a faggot

lmao good post my friend

You could have repaced one of the chickens with Rice or Potato, and still made more diverse meals.
Its fine

Yeah they only get $29 dollars a week... Where do these retards magically pull these numbers. I lived off EBT and foodstamps as a child and know we got hundreds a month for 2 kids and a Mom.

>assistanc

It's on the USDA's website. Average allotment is 125 per month.

he knows what cuck means though??

go back to /pol/ 14 year old

I live on ~100$ of food a month. But I'm also a third worlder.

good ol commissary