Have you ever been criticized for your cooking? How do you respond?

Have you ever been criticized for your cooking? How do you respond?

youtube.com/watch?v=lqmf2Te3txw

"yes chef"

aside from "too spicy" i've never actually gotten much criticisms. Like I made chili for some people and they we're like "that's the best chili i've ever eaten" I take it as a good thing of course but I'd like to know what I could do better.

People say my marinara sauce is too green

I usually bop them over the head with a frying pan

Yeah my wife doesn't like that I buy manager special steak but she doesn't work so I just won't buy her steak anymore.

Never. But I cook differently when I cook for guests vs the day to day meals I make for myself. Biggest difference is the amount of salt. I learned that from an old Greek lady. She told me, "When you cook for yourself go light on the salt to be healthy, but when you cook for guests put a little extra in so the food is more tasty." Her husband probably has high blood pressure, but it stuck with me, and it works.

Wow, that sounds like one annoying bitch. Whining from the couch 24/7. how long til you cut her throat?

lol dumb wagie. You know she's cheating on you while you're at work right?

>There's too much smoke
Yeah, well you like a seared surface.

>It's too spicy
Grow up.

inb4 do with this information what you will

Yeah she has borderline personality disorder. I was pretty cucked by it at first but I taught myself self worth and now the pimp hand is strong.

If she did I would leave her and she would crumble. She knows I won't put up with that and would never do it unless she was convinced it was over and if things get that bad good riddance.

I'm new to ck and what is this?

If you can't get a good sear without smoke then you're doing something very very wrong.

You're either using the wrong oil or your heat is turned up too high.

Or cooking on an electric burner. I can't boil water without smoke.

>dating BPD

Married.

Clean your fucking burner and drip pans, foolio.

It's the burners but I'm not going to clean them as often as oil spatters on them.

Tell me what it's like user

I'm seeing a girl with BPD right now, but knowing about 5 people who had it before I don't think I'm gonna go through with this. She seems different but I don't want to let my guard down.

i was diagnosed with this years ago, got it treated and im just an alcoholic now
at the time i was dating a girl with bpd
dangerous mix

Why are you splattering oil on your burners? Do you have uncontrollable shaking or something?

I also knew a girl like this, she acts like a child and is a mega picky eater

>People say my marinara sauce is too green
Just be a little !more patient when sautéing your veg.

>I usually bop them over the head with a frying pan
No you don't

>I am shitting myself

Well then you need to wear diapers, shouldn't be shitting on yourself.

I don't get the Nino meme, it feels so reddit and forced.

Yeah, and fuck you too.

It's a unilateral relationship I have to be stronger all of the time. I have to walk away from arguments if I don't want to have them even if I have every reason to be mad. I have to make all of the money and do the budget and I still get treated like I'm trying to hurt her when she has overspent and the time for austerity comes. We were into bdsm when we got together but now we rarely have sex. No matter what they will never truly trust you my wife has decided at times that I am a racist or a sexist or a rapist despite being none of those things. I love her and there are good times too. We can talk art and philosophy she likes to travel and isn't scared to backpack and hitchhike we both want to move out of country. She is interesting and open to new experience which is something I need in a partner. I would say if everything in your heart says yes then maybe be with her. If you feel a maybe then definitely not. If you do decide to go ahead get your fucking ducks in a row because you are in for a storm.

Because of sauteing things.

>user this is disgusting
>ok, dont eat then.
problem solved

I saute nearly every day on an electric stove and only get splatter on the coils maybe once or twice a year.

What exactly are you doing to get oil everywhere? Putting wet food in hot oil maybe? Or are you perhaps just messy?

I am my own critic, I wouldn't serve someone something unless I was absolutely sure they would like it. That being said I don't cook very often.

Probably wet food in hot oil.

Youre the man now, dawg

Whenever Gordon gets angry, all I can think about is just licking is tight little arse hole until it's completely clean while giving him a good tug; then too fully satisfy him, use lobster bisque as lube and have him finish in my ass w/ his cream sauce

omg I love this subredit

Yes, but I actually do ask for the critique. I'll make something and ask them what they liked and what I can change of it.

Bultiple personality disorder?

Back in highschool, I would cook for my friends any time we hung out and those ungrateful fucks would always find something to complain about - 'slightly overcooked' noodles, more salt, didn't like the mushrooms, etc. It's only when I started to let the other girl cook that they realized maybe I wasn't too bad. I only cook for my boyfriend and my family now, but fuck, that always pissed me off.

The same way I respond to criticism o any of my work.
>evaluate the source and quality of the criticism, see whether it is constructive or not
>ask questions for clarification as needed
>consider how it would change my work if I took the critic's advice
>try some or all of it out
>make changes based on the results
If you can't take criticism with maturity and recognize it as an opportunity to improve, you have no business doing anything creative. If you take criticism personally, you have no business doing anything creative. If you can't distinguish between constructive criticism and destructive hate, you have no business doing anything creative. If you can't be constructive with your criticism, you have no business critiquing anything.

The only issue I have come across is people, usually flyover muricans who instantly turn their nose at anything different, literally doesn't matter to them if it's good or bad, to them it looks like shit smells like shit and tastes like shit.

The only time I've been criticized was when I was trying to make a SPAM and peaches recipe I made up work by my mother, though I get most people can't get past the SPAM meme.